Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by leasexy24 View Post

 

hiya ladies ive just been on another forum, alot of people seem to be doing a symbolic ceromony in mexico, then making it legal when they get back? is anyone from the uk doing this? and not telling there guests so they will be none the wiser??

x

 

 

I can see why ppl do this as it saves alot of money and hassle but we've gone for legal as we didnt want two wedding dates. We want our real wedding date to be the one in Mexico :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Girls have any of you watched 'Hitched or Ditched' it's an American show on Really channel!! OMG i dont know how ppl do these shows. They get set up and have a wedding arranged for them. They have 4 days to decide to either get married or split up!! Mental! lol But gotta watch it :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there seems to be quite a few ppl doing that symbolic package then making it legal when you get back.

at sandos playacar i dont have to get any paper work done b4 hand ie translations etc, my WC has said all i need is passport/birth cerificate/tourist cards. then pay for blood test an to get certificate translated to english with apositile stamp thats it really.

x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey all,

haven't been on here for a couple of days & i had a few pages to catch up on!

michelle both your shoes are gorgeous but i especially love the bridal ones! wish i could wear high shoes like that!!!

got a phone call today to say my dress is in woohooooo i am going for my fitting next saturday :)

also i got weighed for the first time in 3 weeks and i've lost another 4 pound so thats 9.5 in total so I'm really pleased. This is the lowest I have ever weighed (since i was a child!!)

 

can i just ask are any of you getting vaccinations for mexico?

and are you all just taking your birth certificates as documentation? i've been told thats all i need but it doesnt seem much! x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by leasexy24 View Post

 

hiya ladies ive just been on another forum, alot of people seem to be doing a symbolic ceromony in mexico, then making it legal when they get back? is anyone from the uk doing this? and not telling there guests so they will be none the wiser??

x

 

Alot of the girls do this as like Michelle says, it saves money, paperwork and you dont have to have the blood test etc.

 

Personally i dont see the point as to me like you i want my wedding day to be my wedding day... i know others may not know its only symbolic but "we would" and Mexico would seem "unreal" but thats just my opinion and dont mean any offence to anyone doing this x

 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

 

Aww thanks girls. I was sitting here racking my little brain on how i can cheaply personalised them with all the guests names and i looked up paints/glitter pens etc but if i'm totally honest... I can't be arsed with the mess lol. So i had a looky in my craft draw and found those letters. They are rub on alphabet transfers i use for cards. On top it says 'you can use on glass' Bobs your uncle Fanny's your aunt and away i went... They look OK will do the job nicely and are cheap :o)... I'm a happy girlie. I've just had to order 4 more sheets as run out of a's and e's etc.. but they are only £1.01 a sheet. So for 16 personalised shot glasses its cost me a whopping £5.04 hee hee....... I DO LOVE A BARGAIN cheer2.gif

 

I think if ppl wanted to keep them they'd last if they didn't wash the names or rub them to hard.

 

Bargain & a half..... Brilliant & i would most certainly keep mine if i got one x

 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

 

Girls have any of you watched 'Hitched or Ditched' it's an American show on Really channel!! OMG i dont know how ppl do these shows. They get set up and have a wedding arranged for them. They have 4 days to decide to either get married or split up!! Mental! lol But gotta watch it :o)

No not seen this one, may have to look online as we dont have sky!!! LOL x

 

 

 

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post

 

hey all,

haven't been on here for a couple of days & i had a few pages to catch up on!

michelle both your shoes are gorgeous but i especially love the bridal ones! wish i could wear high shoes like that!!!

got a phone call today to say my dress is in woohooooo i am going for my fitting next saturday :)

also i got weighed for the first time in 3 weeks and i've lost another 4 pound so thats 9.5 in total so I'm really pleased. This is the lowest I have ever weighed (since i was a child!!)

 

can i just ask are any of you getting vaccinations for mexico?

and are you all just taking your birth certificates as documentation? i've been told thats all i need but it doesnt seem much! x

 

Im not gettin any vaccs as i havd loads when we went to Dom Rep & Cuba.. Stephen didnt have his 2nd lot of injections when i did but he isnt bothering for Mexico...

Yes, all I need to take is birth certificates, but this does depend resort to resort & hotel to hotel.... if this is what you have been told i imagine this is correct, but maybe double double check (i certainly did, numerous times)

 

Well done on the weight loss x

 

x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post

 

hey all,

haven't been on here for a couple of days & i had a few pages to catch up on!

michelle both your shoes are gorgeous but i especially love the bridal ones! wish i could wear high shoes like that!!!

got a phone call today to say my dress is in woohooooo i am going for my fitting next saturday :)

also i got weighed for the first time in 3 weeks and i've lost another 4 pound so thats 9.5 in total so I'm really pleased. This is the lowest I have ever weighed (since i was a child!!)

 

can i just ask are any of you getting vaccinations for mexico?

and are you all just taking your birth certificates as documentation? i've been told thats all i need but it doesnt seem much! x

 

 

Omg how exciting!!! My fitting is 21st and i cant wait. I cant wait to see it all together. Shoes, jewellery, tiara etc...

 

Well done on the weight loss :o)

 

We are having jabs - they are booked in for 8th March, not sure which ones we need as nurse has only put the date our appointment is on the letter.

 

At our hotel we only need passports and visa cards. We dont need our birth certs, i've checked this with our TA aswell and she said we dont either. At our hotel you only need to take them and have them legalised if you have been married before.....

 

So just passports and tourist cards for us :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×