Jump to content

Recommended Posts

your dress is lovely!

those destination wedding invites are fab! what have you had printed on them?

 

can i ask all of you what are you having your wedding song/1st dance??

x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by leasexy24 View Post

your dress is lovely!

those destination wedding invites are fab! what have you had printed on them?

 

can i ask all of you what are you having your wedding song/1st dance??

x



Thank you so much Lea :))x I am keeping my invites quite simple, just putting date and time of our wedding and destination and resort name and saying that: we cant wait to see everyone there! :D I didn't want to over crowd invite with loads of info, so decided to do welcome bags for all of our guests and include all info about resort and area, things to do while they there(trips etc.) and also the "plan of the big day" lol :D , so everyone will know what is happening where :)) together with little bis and peaces like little medical kit and deck of cards etc. (still in process of putting it all together :D)  

 

Our big day is long way away still lol, but we were always thinking that we will have one of the Keith Urban songs for our first dance...not sure about the rest, this is the only thing that my fiance is in charge of lol :D :D ...and i have a feeling that it will be done sometime a week before we leave to Dominican Republic LOL :D :D

 

 

xoxo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by amurka View Post

 

Our big day is long way away still lol, but we were always thinking that we will have one of the Keith Urban songs for our first dance...not sure about the rest, this is the only thing that my fiance is in charge of lol :D :D ...and i have a feeling that it will be done sometime a week before we leave to Dominican Republic LOL :D :D

 

 

xoxo

 

 

We didn´t put our music onto cd to take with us until about 8hrs before we left for the airport! if you want something doing properly......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

Thanx girlies, yes i did them. I designed them and did the wording etc. Then ordered the pocketfolds online and envelopes etc. FI took my template into work and got the print and foil done then it was a matter of sticking everything together etc. Doesn't look like much work but it was and i'm so pleased with the result. Its so nice ppl also like them. :o) Now how many ppl will RSVP!!! I'm guessing only a few. ppl never RSVP do they?? lol.

 

We wanted them to be personal to us so that's why i decided to address them from our children......

 

 

Good luck with the diet Nic. I love Stephens outfit. Its nice he's chaning in the evening. I think he looks great. I love the colour of the tie :o) Dan decided last night he wants to look different than the other groomsmen for our AHR so he's ordered the waistcoat to the suit just for that. Men ah?? They are worse than us women!! All i said was ' ummm wish a waistcoat was all i had to worry about' dont get me wrong i love him to bits but he's been no help at all with the planning process, typical man ah?........

 

2 weeks today till my dress fitting........whhhhhooooooopppppp!! I better not eat for 2wk's to make sure i get in it ha ha ;o)

2 weeks... OMG, that is so so exciting :) x

 

Yeah, i kkep calling Stephen a diva at the mo... definatly worse than us women!!! LOL.

 

And i agree with the others... addressing them from the children is a lovely idea x
 

 



Originally Posted by amurka View Post



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasexy24 View Post

Amurka- Thanks my dress is the 1st 1 i picked an tried on, everything else had to compare to that!!

im nt sure about invites really never thought of it for guests attending the wedding, im getting ideas now tho what type of things have people wrote on theres i will prob just order mine im really crap with stuff like that! any pictures??


Hi Lea :)

 

The same thing happened to me with the dress!!! :D I went to see whats out there on the wedding dress market with my mum and friend after new years. I didn't think even for a second that I will find "the one" the very same day!!! :D Here is a picture of it (not sure how big is going to be on here, hope you can see it :)) It is by Pronvias style called Alcanar

1289912958133_350x350.jpg

 

About the invites...i am the least creative person ever LOL :D...was trying to DIY my destination wedding invites and just gave up, so will be ordering some from Etsy, we decided on boarding pass style - very simple but very cute :D

 

il_570xN_171552028.jpg                                    

il_570xN_171552027.jpg

 

 

Michelle you are awesome!!! Creating all of these AHR invites all by yourself!!!! :)) I just wish i could borrow some of your creativity while i am planing my big day lol :D And I completely agree that men are useless when it comes to the wedding planning lol :))...but at the same time it is very sweet that they understand how important it is for us women to make it just the way we want it and they stay out of our way lol :D that's love for you ladies! :)))

 

Btw girls, does anyone of you making a Key Card/Tip holders for your guests??! I have seen that US brides do them alot, ..but not sure where to get those plastic sleeves from :/...any ideas ladies??!!

 

xoxo

Love the dress, its lovely :) & I love.gif the colour of your invites :-) That blue is gorgoeus, my wedding colour too!!! :o)

Yeah i want to know where to get the key card/tip holders too as i love hem, but have no clue where to get them!!! x




 

Originally Posted by janapana View Post

michelle i got 3 rsvp's..... 3

 

we have to do our ahr invites soon, the party is may 14th and we already have people booked to fly out here (i feel really tight cos i reckon no-one would have bothered if they knew we were coming back to the uk to live!)


3.... No-way!!! Haha, thats terrible x

 



Originally Posted by janapana View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by amurka View Post

 

Our big day is long way away still lol, but we were always thinking that we will have one of the Keith Urban songs for our first dance...not sure about the rest, this is the only thing that my fiance is in charge of lol :D :D ...and i have a feeling that it will be done sometime a week before we leave to Dominican Republic LOL :D :D

 

 

xoxo



We didn´t put our music onto cd to take with us until about 8hrs before we left for the airport! if you want something doing properly......


We will probably do this..... lol x

 

God knows whats songs we are going to choose!!! x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so hard to pick a 1st dance song plus i need 4 other songs/music to..

 

1: piece for walking down the aisle: panchelbas canon D flute version,

2: we need something for the gaps in the ceromony

3: after were married walking bk up the aisle so needs to be something happy/upbeat maybe

4: wedding dance

 

so hard to choose!

 

what are thecard/key things you ladies are talking about

x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by leasexy24 View Post

so hard to pick a 1st dance song plus i need 4 other songs/music to..

 

1: piece for walking down the aisle: panchelbas canon D flute version,

2: we need something for the gaps in the ceromony

3: after were married walking bk up the aisle so needs to be something happy/upbeat maybe

4: wedding dance

 

so hard to choose!

 

what are thecard/key things you ladies are talking about

x


Lea, I know how you feel about the music,...i am trying not to think about it at all lol and leave it all in hands of my wonderful H2B lol :D I am sure it will work our at the end just well :))

 

The key card holders are little waterproof sleeves with bracelet attached to them so ppl can carry their room keys, credit cards and tip money. Loads of US brides are using them in their welcome bags for their guests...but i cant seem to find any at all online..:(( (here is a picture to give you an idea, there are many items there but key card holders are on the bottom right :))

 

1000x500px-LL-e8a4bbee_oot1.jpg

 (this picture is from one of the BDW brides planing thread! :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by leasexy24 View Post

 

so hard to pick a 1st dance song plus i need 4 other songs/music to..

 

1: piece for walking down the aisle: panchelbas canon D flute version,

2: we need something for the gaps in the ceromony

3: after were married walking bk up the aisle so needs to be something happy/upbeat maybe

4: wedding dance

 

so hard to choose!

 

what are thecard/key things you ladies are talking about

x

 

Here's what we're having

 

Walking up the aisle - Eva Cassidy - Songbird

Signing of the register - Jack Johnson - Better together

Walking back up the aisle - Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

 

I've put these 3 on a CD and also on Harrisons ipod touch as a back up :o)

 

We also did like 'at last' but decided for more up beat ones instead. We also need to put an hours worth of music together for our cocktail hour but i might get someone else to do that. Something less to worry about lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

Your prob best to message one of the girls that have already got the key holder and ask where she got them :o)


Michelle your songs are brilliant I love everyone of them :D...unfortunately at our cocktail hour we wont have access to any music...so started to think maybe hiring one of the trio bands they offering for an hour ish to keep everyone in a festive mood :))) ..but need to look into my budget..

 

You are also right I will ask one of the brides where she had her key holder done...i was hoping to find them in the UK though, found a couple online this afternoon but they are not the same and they charge about £7 for them!!! it definitely not worth 7£...so will see maybe it will be possible to get them from US :))

 

Oh and let us know when your awesome shoes you ordered coming, really hope that they are just what you were hoping for...thinking PINK for you :D

Btw talking about shoes, just saw online that kurt geiger is having 75% off there are some very nice ones,- thought will let you know gals if you are still in search of those perfect shoes ;))) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by amurka View Post

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

 

Your prob best to message one of the girls that have already got the key holder and ask where she got them :o)

 

Michelle your songs are brilliant I love everyone of them :D...unfortunately at our cocktail hour we wont have access to any music...so started to think maybe hiring one of the trio bands they offering for an hour ish to keep everyone in a festive mood :))) ..but need to look into my budget..

 

You are also right I will ask one of the brides where she had her key holder done...i was hoping to find them in the UK though, found a couple online this afternoon but they are not the same and they charge about £7 for them!!! it definitely not worth 7£...so will see maybe it will be possible to get them from US :))

 

Oh and let us know when your awesome shoes you ordered coming, really hope that they are just what you were hoping for...thinking PINK for you :D

Btw talking about shoes, just saw online that kurt geiger is having 75% off there are some very nice ones,- thought will let you know gals if you are still in search of those perfect shoes ;))) 

 

Thank you. It did take us a while to decide but happy with our choices. We were thinking of having the band too. Its $400 for 45mins at our hotel so we'll just have to see how the budget goes. we can book that while we are there so not worrying to much about it.

 

My shoes say they have been shipped so just waiting for them now :o( hurry up delivery man, ha ha..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×