Jump to content

Recommended Posts


Thanks for explaining that, I think what i'm going to do is wait until we've booked (hopefully February) and then send out STD with details of our website so that they can go there for all the information and then about 6  months before once everybody has booked up send out formal invites to them...i've started working on our magnet STD so hopefully they'll be ready for Feb.

 

I have 2 weeks off of work as i'm supposed to be revising for my exam on 1st December, but i just can't get motivated and the wedding so much more appealing.
 

Originally Posted by waybuloo View Post



No I thought exactly the same thing when I was doing mine but as couldn't give exact dates I put between dates as knew I wanted to incorporate the whitsun half term week so basically I said between 21st May 2011 - 12th June.  We ended up booking for 26th May - 10th June so was right in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by char79uk View Post


Sorry if i'm being a little thick but if you sent the save the dates out before you booked, what date did you put on them?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybuloo View Post



I sent out save the dates a few months before we booked & then I am going to put formal invites in everyones oot bags just so they have one to keep of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by char79uk View Post

Is anybody sending out save the dates and formal invites or just save the dates....i'm a little confused as what to send and also when??


 

 

 


 Thanks herbie, i looked at her website but she is not taking orders yet, so i've looked at a few other websites.  I don't need them until February/March so hopefully she'll be taken orders again by then.



Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Charmaine did the Aylee website link work?

I'm doing invites for my guest even though they have all booked. Before we booked we emailed everyone we wanted to invite with all the details of the dates, prices etc. Then when we booked we emailed again with booking reference so that they could join our booking.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by waybuloo View Post

 

 

 

Jo I was thinking of getting artificial flowers do you know the name of the ebay seller you used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janapana View Post

 

Vicki we're trying to do it on a budget too, have got artificial flowers from an ebay seller.... got a bridesmaid bouquet, 6 button holes, 4 wrist corsages for 28€ including postage. bargain! they'll look great on the photos and  people can do whatever with them afterwards!

 

 we got thermal mugs for favours for everyone, but have given them out already, so they can use them straight away, and we don't have to hoik them all the way to mexico ourselves, they were about 1,25€ from amazon!

 

ah my list goes on but apparently i've come to work to serve drinks,,,,, not toss it off on the internet....OOOOPS!View Post

 

 

 

Hiya, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, we went back to sheffield for a long weekend for a wedding and mine and antony´s joint hag do..... very very messy business.

 

the seller i used was jcas3024, her email address is juliecashen@btinternet.com

 

the flowers are nice, not real touch, but honestly, for all i want them for, they´ll be perfect!

 

@josie, love your FI´s suit, i feel your pain taking him shopping, antony behaves like a stroppy teenager when i take him shopping!

 

@char, glad you´ve decided on your hotel, it looks lovely. we used allurements by rebecca for our monogram, she was ace, i think they were about 4€each, she did our invitations too, but we ran into problems getting them through customs in spain. we sent invites out just to be polite to people, i wish i hadn´t bothered now, cos only 3 people had the courtesy to reply!!!!!

 

we bought our rings while we were back in the uk, mine´s a plain 2mm white gold band, ants is a 5mm gold gold band. I don´t really like his if i´m honest, but he does, and he´s the one who has to wear it so i´m keeping a diplomatic silence!

 

we´ve booked our Spanish AHR, it´s not until may next year, 4 months after the wedding, but we had to give everyone in england enough time to book flights and find somewhere to stay (or think up a suitable excuse) and we need to SAVE UP BIG TIME!!!!!! OMG we are brassic at the mo, my car has just got fixed and cost me more than a months wagesangry.gif

but we can´t stop spending cos there´s christmas and birthdays, oh yes, and a wedding to pay for. Thank the good lord for credit cards. I´ll just have a nervous breakdown when i get back in January!!! 

The AHR is going to be from about 2 in the afternoon til midnight, the bar we´re having it in is under a block of apartments so kicking out time is early, so i reckon if we start early we should be just about done by midnight! there´s a kids park outside, and we´re going to ask the town hall if we can shut the street off and put a bouncy castle and possibly (depends on weather) a foam pit out there...... is definitely not going to be a formal party!!!

 

ok essay over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jo sounds like you had a good hag do, the messy ones are always the best...got any pictures? 

 

Excellent that you got your rings at least that's one more thing ticked of the list.   Your AHR reception sounds good that's exactly what i want for ours something casual where the kids are catered for and the adults can relax and enjoy themselves.

 

I know what you mean about being brassic, i had my daughters 16th last month, Wayne's bday on Sunday, Christmas and then my bday in January, and then we need to put the deposits down for the holiday/wedding in February, oh and then spend the next year paying for the wedding, i do not know how the heck i'm going to do it all, but I always seem to find a way.

 

The good thing is that me and FI have decided on no bday or xmas pressies for each other because we are going to get our rings before the VAT prices go up, it's a bit early but we'll save a bit of money and every little bit helps...we're going ring shopping after my exam is over in December, i'm so excited it will be first wedding purchase.
 

Originally Posted by janapanaView Post

 
Hiya, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, we went back to sheffield for a long weekend for a wedding and mine and antony´s joint hag do..... very very messy business.

the seller i used was jcas3024, her email address is juliecashen@btinternet.com

 

the flowers are nice, not real touch, but honestly, for all i want them for, they´ll be perfect!

 

@josie, love your FI´s suit, i feel your pain taking him shopping, antony behaves like a stroppy teenager when i take him shopping!

 

@char, glad you´ve decided on your hotel, it looks lovely. we used allurements by rebecca for our monogram, she was ace, i think they were about 4€each, she did our invitations too, but we ran into problems getting them through customs in spain. we sent invites out just to be polite to people, i wish i hadn´t bothered now, cos only 3 people had the courtesy to reply!!!!!

 

we bought our rings while we were back in the uk, mine´s a plain 2mm white gold band, ants is a 5mm gold gold band. I don´t really like his if i´m honest, but he does, and he´s the one who has to wear it so i´m keeping a diplomatic silence!

 

we´ve booked our Spanish AHR, it´s not until may next year, 4 months after the wedding, but we had to give everyone in england enough time to book flights and find somewhere to stay (or think up a suitable excuse) and we need to SAVE UP BIG TIME!!!!!! OMG we are brassic at the mo, my car has just got fixed and cost me more than a months wagesangry.gif

but we can´t stop spending cos there´s christmas and birthdays, oh yes, and a wedding to pay for. Thank the good lord for credit cards. I´ll just have a nervous breakdown when i get back in January!!! 

The AHR is going to be from about 2 in the afternoon til midnight, the bar we´re having it in is under a block of apartments so kicking out time is early, so i reckon if we start early we should be just about done by midnight! there´s a kids park outside, and we´re going to ask the town hall if we can shut the street off and put a bouncy castle and possibly (depends on weather) a foam pit out there...... is definitely not going to be a formal party!!!

 

ok essay over!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies

 

Well i ordered the bridesmaids shoes today got a real bargain £13.00 a pair from pricelessshoes.co.uk i am so chuft thought i would have had to spend loads more than that so really pleased woot.gif

 

They have all different coloures in satin material so might be worth a look ladies if you haven't managed to get your maids shoes yet i got ivory :)

 

Another thing ticked off the list  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post

 

Hi Ladies

 

Well i ordered the bridesmaids shoes today got a real bargain £13.00 a pair from pricelessshoes.co.uk i am so chuft thought i would have had to spend loads more than that so really pleased woot.gif

 

They have all different coloures in satin material so might be worth a look ladies if you haven't managed to get your maids shoes yet i got ivory :)

 

Another thing ticked off the list  

 

 

 

 will have to have a look, shoes are still on my list!!!!! we leave in six and a half weeks, maybe i should get my finger out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


What a bargain, i'm definitely going to have a look as i have everything still to buy lol.
 

Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post

Hi Ladies

 

Well i ordered the bridesmaids shoes today got a real bargain £13.00 a pair from pricelessshoes.co.uk i am so chuft thought i would have had to spend loads more than that so really pleased woot.gif

 

They have all different coloures in satin material so might be worth a look ladies if you haven't managed to get your maids shoes yet i got ivory :)

 

Another thing ticked off the list  



 


Jo six weeks wow that came around so fast, how exciting woot2.gif
 

Originally Posted by janapanaView Post

 

 will have to have a look, shoes are still on my list!!!!! we leave in six and a half weeks, maybe i should get my finger out!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO SO exciting thats its 6 weeks.... How fast is it all happening girls :-) x 5.5 months for me!!!! x Remember when we were all waiting to book and the time dragging and it being Jan 2010 and time just going so so slow!!!! and now look at us................ Im at a stand still at the moment but i think im going to be ordering my dress in the next week or so.... going to go tomorow to see if i can get her to drop price a bit?? Watch this space................................... xoxox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Our wedding is booked for November 2011 at Dreams Tulum, I am super excited - nice to know there are some UK brides on here too!!

 

When are you all getting married? Anyone in November 2011??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×