Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Hi girlies omg I am so missing planning the wedding, I've been married nearly 6 weeks now!

Jennaba3 I got married at sensatori, the hotel is amazing and the staff are fantastic, any questions just ask. :-)

My little girl Hollie cried going into playschool this week when I asked her why she was crying she answered 'Cos i want to go back to mexico' she lives and misses it so much as do all of 22 guests!

Happy planning!!

Hi Herbie.. I saw u posted in the Sensatori group before and your from the UK so ive been wanting to pick your brain! lol.. Hows married life? How did it all go over there? We're under the year mark now and im soo excited!! Aww thats so cute! One of the reasons we picked this hotel was cause of the kids club, my nieces and other kids coming are going to love it! Can I ask, did you have a private reception? We're having a private reception in Plaza Zavas and only recently realised that we've gotta take our own lighting (lanterns etc).. How did u manage with taking everyone on the plane? Are u on facebook? xxxx

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It must have been fun booking in the travel agents lol .... There are 10 of us going...... I really love the watermelon colour x  My colour is called  topaz blue but to be honest its more of an aqua/turqouise colour but I love it!!!!  Think I've got every!!! No doubt I'll find some more things to buy as you do lol x

My daughter had her first fitting on Sat so I arranged a hair trial ohhh she looked so pretty will post some pics tomorrow and see what you all think x

My fitting is on Sat cannot wait to put my dress on again!!!   My head piece hasn't come in yet getting a little bit worried hopefully it will be there on Sat so I can try it on with my dress x

Qu
Originally Posted by jennaba3 View Post

We've got 37 booked so far and another 4 are still deciding.. All 37 of us have booked together so it was crazy booking for everyone and the total.. dizzy.gif How many of you got going? Yes ive always loved the colour lemon for my bridesmaid.. And I think lemon and white will look so fresh on the beach but ive just seen this watermelon colour and wow, its lush! So ive not 100% decided yet.. What are your colours? Are you taking much with u? Ive been excited buying loads of stuff to take already and I keep forgetting I gotta lug all the all the way to mexico! lol xxxx

Hi Herbie.. I saw u posted in the Sensatori group before and your from the UK so ive been wanting to pick your brain! lol.. Hows married life? How did it all go over there? We're under the year mark now and im soo excited!! Aww thats so cute! One of the reasons we picked this hotel was cause of the kids club, my nieces and other kids coming are going to love it! Can I ask, did you have a private reception? We're having a private reception in Plaza Zavas and only recently realised that we've gotta take our own lighting (lanterns etc).. How did u manage with taking everyone on the plane? Are u on facebook? xxxx

Hi Jenna yes I'm on Facebook look for Michelle Herbert then you can see my wedding photos. It was great there and I was so in holiday mode relaxed that I enjoyed the day so much because I wasn't stressing. Started my w day with champagne breakfast with my bridesmaids then went to the spa with my mum and had pedicure, hair & make up done (nails were done day before), my bridesmaids joined me and used the bridal suite in the spa to do their hair & makeup which was nice oh and we had more champagne!! The girls done their own hair and it looked lovely. We went back to mine had room service and more champagne and got ready. My husband was given a room to get ready in and had 4 bottles of spirits in it so he had all the men round for a drink before the wedding which was nice. My wedding was at 3pm which was perfect (even though I was still 25mins late lol). I used Carbie photography which I was very happy with they did 2:30-5 then 6-8:30. We changed from beach wedding to a rooftop wedding as it was more private. After the wedding we had photos on the rooftop then more photos on the beach then some more around the resort while our guests went and had a drink outside the Mexican. We didn't have a cocktail hour and am glad really I didn't as everyone was happy shut to go and get drinks outside the Mexican. We then had a private event at Zavaz plaza 6-10pm it was lovely we had the Family Style menu there was so much food and it was amazing. We used DJ Doremixx who was great. I took balloons with lights in but not lights, to hire their lights was very expensive $50 per post, believe me it's not worth it. There are lights around the area and if your having a Dj he has lights so I wouldn't worry about them. I used my bridesmaid bouquets as my centrepieces and just took pink waterbeds for the vases I sorted vases out when I got there and wasn't charged for them or for my set up. I took scatter crytals and bubbles for the tables and brought maracas in cancun for favours. I would recommend that you only book the essentials through the offside wc as they will charge for everything and the onsite wc don't. After the party had finished we all went to the mojito bar and carried on. Believe me your time will come round so fast I booked mine 18mths in advance and that time flew by. My advice is don't stress as they really do do a great job out there and your guests will love it none of mine wanted to come home. The resort, food, staff, kids clubs are all amazing and the cocktails are even better. We took 4 big suitcases (1each for us 1for kids 1 for wedding stuff) I took my dress as hand luggage in a travel box along with my handbag, if you booked with thomsons you will get an extra 5kg each for bride & groom for wedding attire. Do you know sensatori is also on Facebook? Happy planning, any more questions just ask

Originally Posted by samcalv1 View Post

It must have been fun booking in the travel agents lol .... There are 10 of us going...... I really love the watermelon colour x  My colour is called  topaz blue but to be honest its more of an aqua/turqouise colour but I love it!!!!  Think I've got every!!! No doubt I'll find some more things to buy as you do lol x

My daughter had her first fitting on Sat so I arranged a hair trial ohhh she looked so pretty will post some pics tomorrow and see what you all think x

My fitting is on Sat cannot wait to put my dress on again!!!   My head piece hasn't come in yet getting a little bit worried hopefully it will be there on Sat so I can try it on with my dress x

Aww yes, put some pics up for us to see! Booking for 37 for eventful to say the least lol.. That colour is gorgeous.. Im thinking of colours everyday but I dont think ill decide fully until I see my bridesmaids in the different options.. When do u leave for Mexico now? Are you taking ur dress on the plane with you?? xxxx

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Hi Jenna yes I'm on Facebook look for Michelle Herbert then you can see my wedding photos. It was great there and I was so in holiday mode relaxed that I enjoyed the day so much because I wasn't stressing. Started my w day with champagne breakfast with my bridesmaids then went to the spa with my mum and had pedicure, hair & make up done (nails were done day before), my bridesmaids joined me and used the bridal suite in the spa to do their hair & makeup which was nice oh and we had more champagne!! The girls done their own hair and it looked lovely. We went back to mine had room service and more champagne and got ready. My husband was given a room to get ready in and had 4 bottles of spirits in it so he had all the men round for a drink before the wedding which was nice. My wedding was at 3pm which was perfect (even though I was still 25mins late lol). I used Carbie photography which I was very happy with they did 2:30-5 then 6-8:30. We changed from beach wedding to a rooftop wedding as it was more private. After the wedding we had photos on the rooftop then more photos on the beach then some more around the resort while our guests went and had a drink outside the Mexican. We didn't have a cocktail hour and am glad really I didn't as everyone was happy shut to go and get drinks outside the Mexican. We then had a private event at Zavaz plaza 6-10pm it was lovely we had the Family Style menu there was so much food and it was amazing. We used DJ Doremixx who was great. I took balloons with lights in but not lights, to hire their lights was very expensive $50 per post, believe me it's not worth it. There are lights around the area and if your having a Dj he has lights so I wouldn't worry about them. I used my bridesmaid bouquets as my centrepieces and just took pink waterbeds for the vases I sorted vases out when I got there and wasn't charged for them or for my set up. I took scatter crytals and bubbles for the tables and brought maracas in cancun for favours. I would recommend that you only book the essentials through the offside wc as they will charge for everything and the onsite wc don't. After the party had finished we all went to the mojito bar and carried on.

Believe me your time will come round so fast I booked mine 18mths in advance and that time flew by. My advice is don't stress as they really do do a great job out there and your guests will love it none of mine wanted to come home. The resort, food, staff, kids clubs are all amazing and the cocktails are even better.

We took 4 big suitcases (1each for us 1for kids 1 for wedding stuff) I took my dress as hand luggage in a travel box along with my handbag, if you booked with thomsons you will get an extra 5kg each for bride & groom for wedding attire.

Do you know sensatori is also on Facebook? Happy planning, any more questions just ask

Whats ur profile picture on facebook hun? I cant seem to find you.. Im Jenna Barroccu if you can find me.. Thanks for all the info.. I love the rooftop but Thomson quoted me over £1200 extra for it! I think ill leave it until im there and have a look at it.. Alot of people only say too book the essential with the miami wc.. Ive reserved my private event at plaza zavas with her and a few other things.. Do you still have a copy of your detail sheet I could see, if you wouldnt mind? Its nice to get an idea incase I forget certain things.. I was really concerned because I booked my wedding time early (before i found this site). Because when you think of having a wedding in the UK, you have it earlyish, so i just booked it for 1.00pm, not thinking about the sun and timescale of everything else.. Ive managed to change it to 1.30 and I have the cocktail party so keep people entertained if we're still taking pictures.. I find the cost of their decorations very expensive! I want to take as much as I can but then ive got the think of carrying it over there, the set up fee etc.. The material for the gazebo is about $150! I find that ridiculous for a 25 minute ceremony.. Ooh well, I suppose its our one wedding day lol.. I havent gone for a DJ, Im renting to the amp for 4 hours and taking an Ipod.. We're paying for all 37 of us to travel to london and stay over the night before too so had a save some money somewhere.. Did u have to have blood tests? Do you know what this is for? Ive heard so many different stories from being related to STDs lol.. Did you do OOT bags? Im doing t shirts for us all to travel in so am thinking of doing some sort of bag.. Ill give them to everyone in london so they can all pack their own lol xxxxx

Leaving in 5 weeks hun yippeeeeeee!!!! I've ordered a travel box (through the girls on here) and carrying it on the plane, they decorate the box for you in your wedding colours it looks really good!!

Can someone please tell me how to get pics on here I've been trying all day and it's not working xxx Thanks

Originally Posted by jennaba3 View Post

Aww yes, put some pics up for us to see! Booking for 37 for eventful to say the least lol.. That colour is gorgeous.. Im thinking of colours everyday but I dont think ill decide fully until I see my bridesmaids in the different options.. When do u leave for Mexico now? Are you taking ur dress on the plane with you?? xxxx

Ladies, what are you all taking for your centrepieces? Im struggling with what to have.. I love the vase arrangements but theyre so expensive through the hotel.. I know alot of US brides take their own but the thought of packing vases as well as everything else just seems a bit much.. Anyone have any ideas that is easy to pack? Or a cheap alternative to buy out there? xxx