Hi Nicy, I've only just got around to reading your review and it brought tears to my eyes, congratulations hun, everything looked amazing and you were such a beautiful bride. xx

herbie - good news that your friend is on the mend x  your brochures and AHR look fab, your all so talented.

Lyndsey - welcome back Mrs, can't wait to read your reviews, your photos are beautiful xx

Nina - OMG I can't believe that they can do that, i really hope that it all gets sorted for you hun, fingers crossed xx 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i -iHi Nina, sorry to hear you have had so many troubles if it helps put your mind at rest I also booked with blue bay travel last November and it took both hotels ages to put my reservation in the computer - the second hotel took about 2 and a half months! But I wouldn't worry they do have it on file but just don't put in on the computer. Just keep chasing them they eventually have it!

Nina - OMG can't believe what they have done really hope you sort it out x

Herbie - beautyweddings who are dealing with all the legal documents have only asked for scanned copies of our and our witness passport, I've checked to see if they need anything else and she e-mailed me to say they have everything they need...... They haven't asked for our birth certificates??? Think I will take them with me when we go just in case...... Do different hotels in Mexico require different documentation?????

Yes Sam each hotel I different I think. We have told to tale copies of our bc as they keep keep them. I had some really good and some really shit news today. My friend (2nd dad) has been told as long as he has no set backs he'll be fine to come to Mexico so very pleased about that. Then tonight I got a text from my cousin to say that younger cousin (18 and also one of my bridesmaids) is back in the mental ward (she has bipolar) and she tried to slit her wrists this morning, apparently she had not taking her tablet properly for the last 3 weeks and hit a real low. She had been doing so well (had been out of the mental ward 1yr at the beginning of tlastmonth). Her mum is distraught as are her sisters. She text me tonight saying shes sorry it was a mistake and she will take her tablets properly from now on. I just cried when I got the message, I just wish I could make her better. Sorry for the downer girls but I just needed to talk to someone. X

Ohhh Herbie I don't know what to say hun xxxx Really really hope everything works out for your cousin xxx

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Yes Sam each hotel I different I think. We have told to tale copies of our bc as they keep keep them.

I had some really good and some really shit news today. My friend (2nd dad) has been told as long as he has no set backs he'll be fine to come to Mexico so very pleased about that. Then tonight I got a text from my cousin to say that younger cousin (18 and also one of my bridesmaids) is back in the mental ward (she has bipolar) and she tried to slit her wrists this morning, apparently she had not taking her tablet properly for the last 3 weeks and hit a real low. She had been doing so well (had been out of the mental ward 1yr at the beginning of tlastmonth). Her mum is distraught as are her sisters. She text me tonight saying shes sorry it was a mistake and she will take her tablets properly from now on. I just cried when I got the message, I just wish I could make her better.
Sorry for the downer girls but I just needed to talk to someone. X

Originally Posted by nina874 View Post

I am getting our vows renewed on Valentines day 2012 and I cannot wait!

You look amazing Nicyx, you both look so happy, have you come back down to earth yet?

Congratulations nina :-) Bet you cant wait hun, How long will you have been married? xx

Back down to earth, with a massive bang :-( Dont know what to do woth myself........

Originally Posted by nina874 View Post

To everyone who has jetted off or is getting close I hope that you have the day of your dreams, to all those who have recently returned I hope that your day was perfect.

I am so behind on this thread, I have been trying to liaise with vendors in Cancun to get things nailed down, but I have just spoken to the resort and they have a record of our wedding but no record of any of the rooms that I booked through our TA nearly a month ago!! I have paid a £5K deposit to hold 7 rooms and the flights for 20 people and they have no record at all of those rooms being booked WTF??? I wanted to add an extra room as I have decided that the combination of children that we have in 2 of the rooms is a recipe for disaster if not outright anarchy and mayhem. I thought  add an extra room dissolve some of the more fiesty alliances - no worries. I am gobsmacked!

My main worry is that we had this happen 2 years ago when we booked to go to the Maldives with Virgin, 2 weeks before we were due to go we get a letter saying that the resort was oversubscribed and we would have to book an alternative - turns out that Virgin routinely do not confirm their allocation until the last minute thus ensuring that they get to hang onto your money for as long as possible, only that time the resort resold the rooms to another tour operator and we lost out. If that is what Thomsons have done I am going to go nanas, finding a holiday at the last minute for 2 people was bad enough, can you imagine id they cock this up?

I have got to wait until Monday now to speak to Blue Bay Travel to try to get to the bottom of this, thank god I haven't paid any of the vendors deposits yet!

Sorry about doing such a selfish post, my head is frazzled!

Oh my god, this is worrying at the best of time let alone when planning your wedding/renewal etc!!! I would be a nervous wreck!!! You poor thing hun.... i cant believe that!!! :-(

Have they got back to you yet? xx

Omg Nina I can't believe that has happened to you that is just awful. Make sure you really push this I would ask to speak to the manager straight away. I really hope you get it sorted.

We've got 7weeks today till we leave I can't believe how quickly the time is going arrrrhhh! Next couple of weeks are going to be manic bridesmaid fitting, my dress fitting, hen weekend. Couple of days before my hen weekend my son Harry is going on tour with Southend Fc to play in a football tournament in Sweden for 5days, gonna miss and worry about him! So FI has only got Hollie while I'm on my hen weekend (luckily)!!!

I am getting so excited and nervous I don't know what to do with myself!!!

7 weeks, oh my god... its coming round soooooo fast. bet your looking forward to your hen now though, it will be fab. you have so much going on.... it will help with making the time fly to your big day :-) xxx

Originally Posted by char79uk View Post

Hi Nicy, I've only just got around to reading your review and it brought tears to my eyes, congratulations hun, everything looked amazing and you were such a beautiful bride. xx

Thanks chick :-) xx

Yes Sam each hotel I different I think. We have told to tale copies of our bc as they keep keep them.

I had some really good and some really shit news today. My friend (2nd dad) has been told as long as he has no set backs he'll be fine to come to Mexico so very pleased about that. Then tonight I got a text from my cousin to say that younger cousin (18 and also one of my bridesmaids) is back in the mental ward (she has bipolar) and she tried to slit her wrists this morning, apparently she had not taking her tablet properly for the last 3 weeks and hit a real low. She had been doing so well (had been out of the mental ward 1yr at the beginning of tlastmonth). Her mum is distraught as are her sisters. She text me tonight saying shes sorry it was a mistake and she will take her tablets properly from now on. I just cried when I got the message, I just wish I could make her better.

Sorry for the downer girls but I just needed to talk to someone. X

Great news on your friend hun :-)

Really sorry to hear the news about your cousin.... i can only imagine what your going through and what you must feel like, i wish her all the best in her recovery hun, its good everyone is their for her and i wish i could make her better for you (and her) too hun xx Sending love and hugs xxx

Well, i have been at my mum and dads over the weekend, it was fab, I took our gorgeous nephew (Cole) out on sat shopping, we had our neice (Kyia) christening on sunday, and then it was Coles 3rd birthday on Monday. I have had the time of my lives with the kids.... just hate coming home and leaving them :-(

We have been married 1 month yesterday!!! ONE MONTH!!! Where does time go.... its crazy!!!

Michelle will be back soon cant wait to hear ALL about her wedding :-) xx

Hi everyone thanks for all your kind words. My cousin is home now and back on her meds and she knows now that she needs them to keep her stable. She is focusing on the wedding so fingers crossed she won't hit another low. I have been Going to the gym for months now and not lost anything, so I decided to go and have a Universal Contour Wrap done yesterday, well it was loving just having to lay there for an hour and do nothing (heaven) and I lost 8inches I was well impressed so I have booked to have anotherone before we go away. I've got the girls dress fitting Monday mine the following Monday. My London hen weekend next Saturday got my 80's neon tutu, neon legwarmers, etc ready. I'm really looking forward to it, we are doing cocktail masterclass in the day, then hitting some bars then in the evening we're off to Carwash then hotel overnight. I think its going to be one heavy day of drinking!!! I have 10 of us going so should be a giggle, the girls have been getting together plotting behind my back so god knows what's going to happen to me! :-/ Nicy I can't believe you've been married a month where has that time gone! Michelle seems to have been away for ever, can't wait to hear all about it! Lyndsey did you do a review?

Hola Girls!!! MRS PAGE here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha, i've had a quick look through and so much has gone on. Thanx for all the well wishes our day was amazing!! Although we had ups and downs and things didn't all go to plan it all pulled together in the end and had a truely fantastic day!!We are really pleased with our pic's i'll put some up after our reception. Trying to keep myself awake today so i sleep tonight and try and get back into UK time!!! Sooooooo tired though!

Can't believe we are home already :o( wish i was back there now at our gorgeous pool sipping on a Mojito :o( god i have holiday blues already ha ha...

I hope Lisa's day went well i see some pix on FB and she looked AMAZING!! As did Nicy and Lyndsey!! God our husbands are lucky ha ha ha ha ha

Chat soon girlies, missed you all xx

Hi Girls

Herbie - I'm so sorry about your cousin, but hopefully now that she is back on her meds and she's got all the support of the family she'll be feeling better soon. x

Nicy - I can't believe it has been 1 month already, time really does fly by.

Michelle - Congratulations Mrs Page, I can't wait to see your pictures and read your review xx

So I went back to work on Monday after being off for 3 weeks revision leave.  Due to my fractured knee I ended up leaving as I was in too much pain and the doctor has signed me off from the date it happened (14th May) until 17th June.  I've got to go to the hospital next week to have another xray to check the fracture is healing properly and also have the fluid drained from my knee because it is still swollen.  The doctor told me to rest it loads and has given me stronger painkillers and made another appointment for 17th June to see if i'm fit for work yet.  Apparantly because of the torn ligaments I could be on crutches for months!!!

On the up side because I've been signed off sick I get all 15 days of my annual leave, that I took for revision, refunded back to me and i get to sit around all day doing wedding stuff!!