Originally Posted by samcalv1 View Post

Michelle - Songbird by Eva Cassidy is soooo beautiful the words are lovely cheesy.gif

Thanks Nicy the boxes look lovely are they big enough to put the dresses in?????

For our AHR they aren't charging us for the room but the food is about £10 per head and we are looking at about 100-120 people coming, cake is about £200 and the DJ is £300, Crikey just realised it's nearly £2k!!!!!! I thought I was having a bargain!!!!! LOL 

My dress is a slim dress.... post pix shortly.... watch this space....... and mine will deffo fit, the box to me looks massive, im scared its to big.... night have to measure it to put my mind at rest!!! LOL :-)

Were not doing food food, just a finger buffet really. Our DJ is £150 & Cake from M&S for £63 :-) Feel like a right scrooge compared to you lot, but we just simply cant afford it!!! xx

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nicy were the same simply cant afford it thats why were getting married in mexico nt much more expensive than our usual summer holiday. i think our room is free to hire im getting caterers but got quoted 450pp so going to cater for 100ppl. we have 2 friends who are djs so will ask one of them. cake prob will get one made or same as you m&s. x x

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

My dress is a slim dress.... post pix shortly.... watch this space....... and mine will deffo fit, the box to me looks massive, im scared its to big.... night have to measure it to put my mind at rest!!! LOL :-)

Were not doing food food, just a finger buffet really. Our DJ is £150 & Cake from M&S for £63 :-) Feel like a right scrooge compared to you lot, but we just simply cant afford it!!! xx

Nicy your not a scrooge at all. Every time we have a party we do our own food, my sister is in catering so she gets it done cheap within the firm. I would do that now but the hotel wont allow it. Another way of getting money out of you. We had our engagement party in a social club and did it on a really tight budget. We've spent alot of money on our AHR but it is only one night and no matter how much we all have or haven't spent on it we are all gonna have a fab time at our parties cos it will be with our friends and family! :o)

OK with this pic, bear in mind i was up at 6am to get ready for work, and it is now 2.30 in the afternoon, stressful day..... Excuse the hair & make up.... (god i hate having my pic taken) pix do not do the dress any justice!!! I look so tense.... Hope this dosent happen on the wedding day with photo.... i need to learn to relax in front of a camera!!!!

100_0551.JPG

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

Aww you look lovely!! Your dress is so pretty! You will be fine in the wedding pix you dont look bad now. Just think your be in holiday mode and all relaxed, (especially after a few tequilias, hee hee) x

Thanks Michelle :-) The pix really dont do the dress any favours, its a thousand times better in real life :-) Hopefully with hair and make up and a nice tan i will look a million dollars!!!

Yeah, and for the AHR definalty agree... friends and family together.... no matter how big or small the venue :-) Im looking dead forward to it my AHR, been talking about it in work today!!!

So much going on my brain just cant take anymore, lol,

Need songs.... We are so so so stuck!!!! Eva Cassidy has such a beautiful voice Michelle, no wonder you chose that :-) xx

xx