• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey ladies

To put your mind at rest about document translation etc - just check with your hotel direct but as long as your name on your birth certificate is exactly as it appears on your passport you will be ok and wont need anything translating.  My husband had to have his birth certificate and change of name deeds translated as he changed his name and this in total cost about £300.  When you get to Mexico and sit down with your wedding co-ordinator you will see the amount of paperwork they have to do to make your wedding a legal one! It is colossal!

One thing which I will say which is a bit of a hidden cost as me and I think the other Jo found out although your wedding is legal and you will leave with a copy of your wedding certificate this still doesnt make it legal here in the UK.  You will have to pay the hotel an additional cost for them to have the other copy they have of your certificate apostilled so as you can use it as a legal document here in the UK it only costs about another £100 but its something all the travel agents forget to tell you!!  This is how so many people get caught out years down the line and find out their wedding wasnt legal!! It can take up to 6 months to get back so you cant change your name until you have that document and then get it translated into English and apostilled back here. 

Oh and the blood test you have - our WC told us they say it is for HIV, pregnancy etc but it is actually to make sure you havent eloped to Mexico to marry a member of your family!! Its to check you are not related so rest assured on that front - lol :-)

I had v little contact with my WC until we got there and even an hour before the wedding I had no idea how we got to the ceremony site what we had to say etc but with the sun, tequilla and fun all around you, you really wont care.  My husband was just really worried he would get his spanish bit wrong as we both had to say 'si accepto' as in I do - he practised this all day as he kept saying 'si accepta' and our WC said please dont say that it means something completely different!!

Josie xx

hey girls,

we have to have everything confirmed with our WC by next week - ahhhhhhhh i am getting stressed lol don't even know why really!

herbie, are you having a private reception? if so what have you chosen to do?

me & kev are off work monday and we are going to shop til we drop lol, cannot wait!

Hi lyndsey We are having a private reception at Zavaz plaza by the pool 6-10pm. We get married at 3, so have got a bit of a wait, so Iight have to be a bit late for wedding to pass a bit of time hehe! I'm not doing a cocktail hour just thought we could go to a bar while photos are being done. I've got photographer 2:30- 5 then 6:30-9. What about you??? Michelle hope your feeling a bit better? Nic woopwoop on the wedding dress!!!!! Welcome all the newbies :-) Well I had the strangest night last night. MIL is staying at FIL house (they split up 9yrs ago) for the week to visit son. Very bizarre her being there and she just turns up saying that she has arranged it with the kids my FIL has no say in it. He just phones me and says the bitch is here again!! My son went round for dinner to keep FIL company, when we went round to pick him up my daughter freaks out crying' I'm scared'. She has only seen her 4times in the last 3yrs. So we was round there for 3hrs and not once did she mention the wedding (she's not coming to Mexico). Arrrhhhh Have had manic couple of weeks, bridesmaid dresses are in which means I can now book our fittings in :-) can't wait to put my dress in again :-) Well week off planning next week as it's mine and hollies birthday so it's all birthday birthday birthday!! No doubt I will still pop on here though.

Wow glad we dont have to do the birth cert thing! Sounds like alot of cost and work lol.. hope you all get it sorted whoever has to do it....

Enjoy your shopping. We had a shopping weekend last week. Went to lakeside with mum on sat and got some of my wedding makeup from the benefit counter in debenhams then went Ashford on sunday with FI. He got bits i didn't :o(

Herbie - you also have a weird MIL i see, lol. I'm jealous as yours is not going Mexico. Mine cant stand me and never mentions the wedding but she is coming!! I might have to shove her in the pool, ha ha !!

Hopefully going to try scarlett's flowergirl dress on her this weekend. So exciting!! All the fittings are being finalising!

I have my last fitting on the 4th April the same day we find out what primary school Scarlett got eeekkk!!

Off to Zumba in the morning, mum is coming so should be a laugh watching her ha ha... backs still not right so going back to doc's next week! along with second lot of jab's!! not looking forward to that!

Welcome to all the newbies !!! xxx

Nicy - Soo Happy your dress is in..... What a weight off your mind xxxx Hope you feeling better soon x

Can't believe how much time is left for you all xxx

I've started having wedding dreams.... Dreamt last night that I forgot to book to have my hair and make up done for the wedding so I was chasing this woman around the hotel trying to get her to do my hair and make up!!!!  I never bloody caught her either????? Has anyone else on here had any wedding dreams???

LOL Josie......how true that is!!!! I reckon us lot on here know more than them....lol

Help girls!!  Now we are down to actually putting our music on cd for the ceremony I am really confused.....I was always set on walking down the aisle to Pachelbel in Canon d harp but now can't decide between that & Songbird Eva Cassidy......I like the simpleness of Pachelbel but the words in Songbird are perfect & so emotional......what do you think?