Oh forgot to say I had some postcards made up on Vistaprint to give to my guests to send out to their relatives and one to us. I am also going to put them on the tables on the wedding night for them to leave us a message (instead of of a guest book), then I am having a guest book for the AHR which I am going to stick the postcards into. What do you think?

RivieraMayaPostcard.jpg

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@LaLastMinute - welcome and congrats on getting married!!! :D At last there is another Dreams bride here :D...we are getting married in dreams too, but in Dominican Republic - but i have looked at your resort and it is stunning! And your wedding is sooo soon too, you must be so excited! :D

I am glad that you have ordered a box for your dress and they will deliver it on time!  We are flying with Thomas Cook as well...and i am worried about exact same thing...cos my dress is so big I am not sure will it fit in the box at all..:(( Its kind of rubbish of them to be honest, cos I would of thought that as you are traveling for your wedding (i am sure plane won't be filled with destination brides!) they would make an exception and let you in with your dress!!! I would of been even prepared to give up mine and my FI's hand luggage just to have my dress safe with me!!!...

But i guess i will just have to wait and see how it goes..

@Mel - I am so glad that everyone is safe and well in NZ and it is so thoughtful and generous of you arranging a charity event to help out!!! I am sure that the money you will raise will help many!!!

Btw, I would love to join in for a March diet and exercise challenge!!! :D I don't usually go to the gym, cos i don't drive and nearest gym is miles away,...but i do some exercises at home and on Kinect thingy too lol :D But if you need support I am here hun :)) And I am sure many more girls here will be up for the challenge too :D

@soon2beMrsG - WAU your villa is fantastic!!! simply breathtaking!!! Congrats once again :D I am more or less at the same stage of planing as well, however I got my invites and dress already...but i know how overwhelmed you feel! With invites just keep looking and you will know when you will find just the right ones for you, you can check our Etsy, there are loads of ppl that make some gorgeous invites (that's where i got mine from :D)...I love idea of message in the bottle invites though as well :))

xoxo

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

We are very lucky as far as luggage allowance goes, flying with Thomsons we get 23kg luggage allowance, 7kg Hand luggage because we are staying in a Premium hotel and an extra 7kg hand luggage for wedding attire. I'm going to get a box for both my dress and the bridesmaids dresses so that I know they are with me and that they dont get lost.

I have discussing hen nights with my chief bridesmaid this weekend. We are going up to London for the day/night. We are looking at doing Cocktail masterclass in the day then off to Carwash for the evening it was that or Partyboat. Still not 100% sure yet what do you think? I think the carwash 70's night will be a good giggle as fancy dress is compulsary.

Char everything sounds like its going great, everytime i go somewhere and see butterflies i think of you. woot.gif

Thomsons are great!! one of my BM's and her family coming for 10nights (travelling same day as us but 15mins earlier and from different terminal) are travelling with Thomsons. She has offered to take bits with her if i wish but i really want my dress with me :o) Monarch dont let you have any extra for bride or groom and they wont let us pool our allowance either (Harrison wont have any so wanted to combine his)!

Your hen night sounds fab! What a giggle :o) I have just had a text off one of my oldest friends saying she may have to pull out of my hen cos maybe going on holiday with her inlaws now :o( one of FI's bestest friends has also said he can't come to the AHR as he is on a work conference... :o( can't be helped i suppose. Just wanted our nearest and dearest with us x

Hi Lyndsey my new wc is okay, hasn't give in to giving any offers yet though :-( I'm gonna wait till I get out there to sort some things out ie cocktails when we walk back down the isle, and the way I want things set up.

We done our draft list for ahr today omg we had about 300+ on it OH had put everyone down that he works with where I had only put people I really talk too. Think we need to revise this list later in the week :-)

Hair and make up trials thursday can't wait but have only got three bridesmaids coming. Just seen another place today advertising bridal nights with free hair and makeup trials, must be the new in thing. Might go to that one aswell lol

Its so hard to do a list, we were like that, and my family is HUGE compared to Stephens... so i had to cut loads off, so i just missed people i dont see and i said to my mum if they have a prob giv em my number as i know some of my dads brothers who i havent seen since like i was 10 will kick of with my dad... cant be doing with it, My dad has 10 brothers and sisters, who all have a minimum of 3 kids who have kids and some of them even have kids and my mum had 5 brothers and sisters with kids and kids, and it drives me mad, Stephen on the otherhand has like 3 aunties and uncles with like 5 kids between em... Nice and easy.... I have invited the aunts and uncles i see and who bother with me and just not invited the rest....

It is a hard thing to do though!!!! xx

Good luck for Thurs... dont forget to post pix :-) xxx

Originally Posted by char79uk View Post

Nicy, I'm glad that you're feeling better about the AHR, I agree with the other girls if you're not having a sit down meal it shouldn't really matter as you do want people to be up and dancing.  Try not to stress babe, it will all work out in the end and you'll wonder what you were so worried about. xx

Thanks chick.... i know im prob worrying about nothing, but you know when you just get sumit in your head and it gets worse the more you think about it!!!! xx

I had the photographer/videographer come around on Saturday to show me his portfolio.  Wow wow wow, is all i can say, i was so impressed, his photography is amazing, he also showed me 3 wedding DVD's just the highlights and i was blubbing like a baby watching them.  We've decided to go for the 'storybook' album, i don't know if you girls know these type of albums but they are amazing like a magazine telling the story of your whole day.  Because we booked the videographer too, we got a 20% discount on his already very reasonable prices so I have come in £300 under budget.  We're going to put this towards trying to get the draping for the golf club.

Thats fantastic Char, brilliant that its so much under budget.... The drapes will be more of a reality at this rate.... Brilliant xx

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

God where are you seeing these free hair trial ad's? I want one lol. I'd love someone to show me how to do makeup too :o) I have no idea. I might just go beauty counter in HofF and see someone. Which is best benefit or Mac? I've heard they are both good :o)

I wish i could find free hair trials... I went in HofF the other day and "Benefit" make up charge £15 you get the products and a trial and they show you how to apply the make up etc...  x

Originally Posted by LaLastMinute View Post

Hi All,

I found this thread fairly recently and have just been sort of skimming it.  I'm getting married at Dreams Tulum on 10 March 2011.  We fly next Monday.  I'm not terribly stressed about it, apart from one thing, for which I really, really need some advice!!! 

Ten of us are flying as a group on Thomas Cook.  I booked the wedding directly with the resort months before I booked the travel and accommodation.  I assumed I'd be able to take my wedding dress as a carry-on.  I checked their website, which says, wedding dresses must be packed as hold luggage (unless, of course, you've booked your wedding through them).  I thought I'd be able to get around this, as the bridal shop I got my dress from said they could pack my dress into hand luggage, so I could carry it on anyway.  Well, here's the fun bit... I looked up Thomas Cook's cabin bag allowance, which is 43cm x 28cm x 23cm (which doesn't mean anything to me, because I think in inches)... so I started looking online for a bag that would fit this... It doesn't exist!!!  I can't find a bag like this anywhere!!!! 

My FI thinks I should just get a box with exactly those dimensions, because they couldn't turn it down.  I'm worried that they would find a reason and then my dress would be in a box in hold luggage, which would be even worse.  I'm thinking that I should just get a bag that's closest to the dimensions I can find and hope that they'll let it through.

Maybe I'm worrying over nothing, but if everything else were to go wrong (rain, etc.), the dress is the one thing I would wantcry.gif

I only have a week... PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!!!  Any advice at all would be appreciatedembarrassed.gif

Welcome, and a massive congrats.... :-) I was going to post a link to boxes but after reading futher down the thread i see you got sorted.. :-) One less thing to worry about.... Please come back and tell us about your wedding x

Hi ladies

I just need a bit of advice, it might sound like a bit of a dumb question...do I send my save the dates out to everybody, even if i'm only inviting them to the reception and not the actual church ceremony or do i only send it out to the people who are attending both ceremony and reception???  Even as i'm writing this it sounds like a dumb question, I am assuming that I would send it to everybody regardless of what part of the day they are attending...but just to be sure please advise!!!  stupid.gif

Like Michelle said i wouldnt have a clue, i would definatly have asked this if i did STD's , as soon2bemrsg says.... do one for evening and one for day.... i think thats a great idea if your unsure :-)

Originally Posted by soon2beMrsG View Post

@ Michelle: all of the hairstyles are so pretty!!! Intricate yet simple and chic really beautiful!

Ladies I am booked finalized with our booking and now ther remaining stuff is: Dress, guestlist, theme... basically everything... I wanted message in a bottle invitations to go with the destination but some of them look really tacky. cry.gif i will continue to search but I have to say I really loved the airline tickets invitations.  Hope all is well with everyone.

endless summer.jpg

Tim and Natty's endless summer villa wedding in Montego Bay Jamaica 21, April 2012.

http://www.jamaicantreasures.com/prp026.php

OMG what a beautiful picture :-) x Lush x

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwimel View Post

Hi girls,

Thank you so so much for all your lovely concern.  Thankfully I am North Island based and so are my family but we had a few friends and family friends who were based down in Christchurch so it was a bit hairy for a while.  Everyone has been accounted for but I am disappointed in the NZ community over here - it seems there has been no appeal or fundraising events organised officially!  So hard to try to arrange something but I have organized a bake sale on Wednesday with the funds going direct to the Red Cross and hopefully my small contribution should be able to help someone in need.

Nicyx - cheer up Charlie!  I bet you will have a fabulous time and will realise it isnt all worth the worry!  I just knoe it will all come out in the wash.

Invites should arrive this week!  Will attempt to post a pic when they get here.  V excited!

I have been really good with the gym this week but appalling with my eating.  I wouldnt be surprised at all if my weight is up.  Back to the healthy diet this week and setting myself a challenge for gym and diet for the entirety of March.  Anyone else feeling super motivated and want to join in?  Let me know as I could do with the support! 

WOOP WOOP - not long to go now chicas!  Im starting to get right hyped up for those of you getting married in the next 3 months or so!

Mel xxx

Awwwwww, great idea to fund raise.... Glad your friends and family are safe xx

I know your right.... Chin up... stop worrying girl... You know what it gets likme sometimes... :-(

Ive been a naughty girl.... after all that hard work a few weeks ago... 3 put back on but i have been being good again and using the kinect to exercise to.... I weigh 10st and want to get to about 9st 2lb ish.... i will check in with you as we go through March..... :-)

Cant believe i get married 9 weeks on Friday!!! OMG!!!!! x

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

I have just checked Monarch and their dimensions are 56cm x 45cm x 25cm so glad these boxes are OK. Thomas Cook has a small hand baggage allowance so glad we are not going with them now :o) x

Yeah, TC hand luggage is crap... We booked theough TC but are flying with Thomsons, Thank god x

We are very lucky as far as luggage allowance goes, flying with Thomsons we get 23kg luggage allowance, 7kg Hand luggage because we are staying in a Premium hotel and an extra 7kg hand luggage for wedding attire. I'm going to get a box for both my dress and the bridesmaids dresses so that I know they are with me and that they dont get lost.

I have discussing hen nights with my chief bridesmaid this weekend. We are going up to London for the day/night. We are looking at doing Cocktail masterclass in the day then off to Carwash for the evening it was that or Partyboat. Still not 100% sure yet what do you think? I think the carwash 70's night will be a good giggle as fancy dress is compulsary.

Char everything sounds like its going great, everytime i go somewhere and see butterflies i think of you. woot.gif

Yes, were the same as you herbie.... 23KG and 7KG PLUS an extra allowance for wedding... so this is brilliant :-)

Hen night to me was so hard to organise... thats where i missed having a CBM!!! Haha... 70's sounds brillinat though x

Oh forgot to say I had some postcards made up on Vistaprint to give to my guests to send out to their relatives and one to us. I am also going to put them on the tables on the wedding night for them to leave us a message (instead of of a guest book), then I am having a guest book for the AHR which I am going to stick the postcards into. What do you think?

RivieraMayaPostcard.jpg

Love these :-) xxx Great job x

Girls im gunna rant so sorry but i hope someone can possibly help.My  mum is still in hospital  she was admitted last wednesday she has been diagnosed with Pancreatitus caused by gall stones.She had heart surgery 15 mths ago where basically they f...ked up and she had, well she had a major heart attack that finally made them fit a difibulator after 9 days of lying in a hospital bed beng preped ready for theatre and then cancelled 3 times.

Anyway i went off there !!!

She takes massives of drugs each day including water tablets.SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ON SATURDAY !!!! i call her and she says shes bloated full of fluid BUT shes on intravenous fluids and so she had been since last Tuesday.She speaks to a nurse who tells her

"We treat one thing and cause another" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she takes water tablets everyday and has a RESTRICTED fluid intake at home because of her heart condition!!!!!!

Tonight i call her whilst at work and she says shes not good shes lke an elephant man her legs look like there hanging over her shoes and she cant get her trousers up past her hips when she went into hospital they were hanging off her.I told her to put the phone down and ring her bell and tell them she feels poo blah blah and she wants a doctor.

By now im in a panic and my boss says its ok to go home fantastic but what the bloody hell can i do when shes so far away!!!!!!!!!

We decide i should call the hospital speak to the nurse in charge and see if mum did call

SOOOOOOOO

Yep shed buzzed and the drs were with her call back n half an hour and theyll tell me more.She was very pleasant and i explained about the heart op etc and of course we are worried and she says ring at any time blah blah

Oh i  forgot the dr she saw this morning told her she cant go on holiday in May cos he wont operate cos if he did shed die.Of course she could get a second opinion but if they said yes he would still not do the op :(

I get home just after midnight and make the call as the nurse said too.Im told shes busy however my mum has had something for the pain and they will do another heart trace in the morning WTF WTF WTF all the while i can hear the nurse telling her what to say.

So its 1.15 in the morning and i have more questions than i have answers.

I understand that the meds she takes including thyroxine water tablets etc can cause problems but is she getting the care she should have should she of been takng the water tablets she cant even lie down in the bed

And why would the op kill her if it was done.All questions i wanted to ask but the nurse was to busy probably reading hello magazine  aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

So what im asking of you girls is if you know anyone with medical knowledge is a build up of fluid a normal reaction from th treatment of pancreatitus or is my poor mum being killed in the irish hospital bed as she was over 15 months ago.Im just hoping i can get some answers im sure her heart condition is complicating things but the dr said to her today he didnt realize shed not been having the water tablets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to know why she would die if they did the op is she very sick are they overly concerned or should they be.

My cousin mum said is going to try and call mums heart dr tomoz and see if he will pop by.I dont think it would work her in the uk but fingers crossed she does get him.

When ive calmed down ill read all of your  posts properly, ive skimmed over them. Thanks girls another noval written xx

I was speaking with FI today (3mths today is our wedding day) and he said maybe we should let Kate my BM take my dress on with her on the Thompson flight as you have a larger weight with them. I'm not sure though. I really want it with me. Am i being silly? She is going on the same day and just 15mins (providing no delays) difference in flight times .... i dont know what to do.. My WC finally got back to me. Didn't answer all my questions and didn't attach the attachment she was supposed to....aaarrrrgggghhhh!!! I have emailed back! I hope i dont have to wait another 2months for a reply!!! Roo - OMG i feel for you. It must be so horrible for you having your mum be ill and you be so far away. Can you take any time off and go over and 'sort them out'... I haven't got a clue about anything medical sorry. I'm no help. It sounds like they dont have a clue either. I totally understand your frustration. I would feel the same. Your poor mum. I bet you can't rest at all knowing all this is going on!! It would be driving me mad especially them saying she would die if the did the op and she wont be able to go on holiday in May! Here if you need to vent xx

Roo my dad has had pancreatitis alot over the past 10yrs. It does cause the stomach to bloat but did not notice it anywhere else. I know that it causes tremendious pain. My dad had is Gaul bladder removed and still got pancreatitis. I hope you get it sorted as I know how stressful it is, but why not get a second opinion you've nothing to loose. Xx

Sorry luggage moan again.. i have just checked Thompsons luggage allowance and it seems that unless you have premium seats (which i dont think Kate and co have) you only get 5kg hand baggage too. So would be no good asking her to take it anyway. I will just have to wing it. Get the box to fit with Monarch guidlines and prey the weight is OK. Otherwise feel the wrath of the bride, hee hee ;o) Herbie - sorry to hear your dad has been suffering too. So horrible. Poor things. Really hope Roo gets the answers she needs x

RivieraMayaPostcard.jpg

this is such a cute idea.  Are they preprinted with your addresses? 

Originally Posted by amurka View Post

@LaLastMinute - welcome and congrats on getting married!!! :D At last there is another Dreams bride here :D...we are getting married in dreams too, but in Dominican Republic - but i have looked at your resort and it is stunning! And your wedding is sooo soon too, you must be so excited! :D

I am glad that you have ordered a box for your dress and they will deliver it on time!  We are flying with Thomas Cook as well...and i am worried about exact same thing...cos my dress is so big I am not sure will it fit in the box at all..:(( Its kind of rubbish of them to be honest, cos I would of thought that as you are traveling for your wedding (i am sure plane won't be filled with destination brides!) they would make an exception and let you in with your dress!!! I would of been even prepared to give up mine and my FI's hand luggage just to have my dress safe with me!!!...

But i guess i will just have to wait and see how it goes..

@Mel - I am so glad that everyone is safe and well in NZ and it is so thoughtful and generous of you arranging a charity event to help out!!! I am sure that the money you will raise will help many!!!

Btw, I would love to join in for a March diet and exercise challenge!!! :D I don't usually go to the gym, cos i don't drive and nearest gym is miles away,...but i do some exercises at home and on Kinect thingy too lol :D But if you need support I am here hun :)) And I am sure many more girls here will be up for the challenge too :D

@soon2beMrsG - WAU your villa is fantastic!!! simply breathtaking!!! Congrats once again :D I am more or less at the same stage of planing as well, however I got my invites and dress already...but i know how overwhelmed you feel! With invites just keep looking and you will know when you will find just the right ones for you, you can check our Etsy, there are loads of ppl that make some gorgeous invites (that's where i got mine from :D)...I love idea of message in the bottle invites though as well :))

xoxo

thanks so much Amurka. It still sounds like you're space age ahead of me.  My girlfriend also suggested Etsy so I'm going to look into that!