Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...FI just told me that he spoke to MIL from hell and she is coming over to 'visit' in a couple of weeks for 2 loooooong weeks.  I swear if that women dares to say anythng to me about Wayne's brother not being best man i will not be held responsible for my actions.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by char79uk View Post

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...FI just told me that he spoke to MIL from hell and she is coming over to 'visit' in a couple of weeks for 2 loooooong weeks.  I swear if that women dares to say anythng to me about Wayne's brother not being best man i will not be held responsible for my actions.

OMG 2 weeks!!!! I am dreading 2wks with my MIL! At least we will be in a big hotel and i can lose her.. hee hee... lots of deep breaths for you hun!! Fingers x'd she'll know better than to have a go at you about it.

well thankfully Michelle she is not staying with us she has a flat to stay in when she comes over to England (not that I would ever allow her to stay with us and I think FI would know there'd be a murder committed), but even her being here is going to drive me mad, she has Wayne running around after her like a headless chicken....'oh sweetie can you just drop me down the road' (well NO because you live 1 hour drive from us, so it's not just down the road is it).....grrrrrr she gets me so angry.

Can you believe that we have been together 9 years in May and our mothers have NEVER met.  His mum looks down on everybody, god knows why though because it's not like she's a millionnaire she only owned her own hairdressing business and her own house.   I said if they meet and she makes my mum feel bad in anyway shape or form for being 'working class' and not owning her own house etc etc then I will go for her, becasue my mum is so lovely and wouldn't even say anything.  Wayne thinks its a good idea for us to have them meet when she is over this time as we have been putting it off for ages but i'm not so sure, i suppose it has to happen eventually though!!!

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

OMG 2 weeks!!!! I am dreading 2wks with my MIL! At least we will be in a big hotel and i can lose her.. hee hee... lots of deep breaths for you hun!! Fingers x'd she'll know better than to have a go at you about it.

Oh well thats a bonus that shes not staying with you. My MIL lives 5mins away but since we fell out she doesn't bother me so much and just 'pop by' so i suppose i shouldn't complain, lol. I see her at a minimum now. phhheewww!! I'm really hoping i dont have one to many on my hen night and tell her a few home truths...eeekkkk lol...

WOW i can't believe they've never met. You got away with that for a long time lol. My mum is also lovely and doesn't really like MIL to much (mostly cos of the problems she causes me) but they are totally different kinds of ppl. My dad has only met my inlaws a handful of times and me and Dan have been together for 9yrs this yr. My dad keeps himself to himself doesn't really go to social events but he has made a comment to my mum that MIL makes him feel like a down and out.. so just proves its not me. The woman thinks she's god and is so patrinising with it!!

Fingers x'd Charmaine she wont bother you to much in the 2wks she's over... if she does bring the wedding up just say as little as possible that way what she dont know wont hurt her. If she comes round just make yourself as busy as possible to avoid her getting to you :o)

Michelle thank you so much for such a kind words earlier, i don't know what would i do without you girls...:))) Venting sometimes helps for sure especially when you talk to people that can relate to what you are going through! :))

Charmaine - congratulations on confirming your church!!! i am sure it is gorgeous :)) We want to do church blessing as well when we come back from Dominican, so will have to look into it soo! (another thing added on to do list! :))

I am soooo sorry that you will have to have your MIL around for whole two weeks!!!..:/ Just stay strong and like Michelle said, try to take deep breathes and keep yourself busy...that's what i do when my MIL is coming over (which is very rarely thank god!! :D)... i try to pretend that i am off making tea's and coffee's and helps even more i noticed if you put something in the oven every time she is over lol....so you have an excuse to leave the room as many times i as you want..."to check on things" ;) and stay in the kitchen until you relax before coming back again :D... maybe this will help you as well :D

Girls, do you know, we have been together with Oliver almost 5years and our parents haven't met either!!!! lol :D I met my MIL only over a year ago...before I found it odd when my FI would say that we should delay meeting his mum for as long as possible, he actually told me "honey, you should enjoy your peace while you can, cos after you meet her there will be no way back..."...but only now I understand exactly what he meant LOL :D

My mum is a very open and sincere person, and my MIL is complete opposite too , just like your parents Michelle and your MIL!!! - i swear when they meet and my MIL will say anything inappropriate to my mum or any member of my family..I wont be able to control myself! ...

Hi ladies

Just thought i'd let you know that the Church have confirmed our wedding date Saturday 30th June 2012.  whoo hoo i'm so excited the church is just beautiful i love it even more everytime we visit.

I've also booked my photographer and videographer and i've got a meeting with a highly recommended DJ on Saturday.

Bit of a dilema, we wanted the walls of the Golf Club covered in white drapes and a fairy light wall behind the head table, we've been getting some quotes and it is sooooo expensive anywhere from £1500 - £2000...the girls are saying that we can get some fabric and do it ourselves but i don't want it to look tacky, so not sure what we're going to do at the moment as it will eat into alot of our decorations budget, but on the other hand we're not spending alot on the centre pieces as one of my bridesmaids will make them and we're only going to have diamantes scattered on the tables.  I have already got my chair sash bows and table runners, so maybe it's doable but it's soooo much money to spend on covereing the walls but it really does transform the place....hmmmm what to do???

Charmaine....ouch £1500 - £2000 is a lot of money!!!...i can understand how you feel...:/

I am not the best person to take DIY advice from, but maybe you could try and get a peace of fabric (not big) that you think will suite your decoration and try it out on your own wall at home first??...See how it looks and if you will see that it looks great, at least you will have an option of decorating it yourself...?

xoxo

Girls, thought I will share it with you :))...we have decided to change our invitations(half way through creation process lol :D), cos my FI found the ones that he loved and I like them better too :)) and they have RSVP cards included too, which is always handy :D

So here are the pictures, we are planing to add some aqua colour somewhere on the boarding pass and maybe add an aqua ribbon instead of champagne...but will see, will need to consult with lovely lady on Etsy :))

Tell me what you all think!!! :)

InvitationsFinal

InvitesF

Originally Posted by leasexy24 View Post

lyndsey the shoes are fab..

kerry i agree with you you paying for all inc so i see it as a waste of money really! money that can be spent elsewhere.

nicy where did you get your invites from

x

I got these invites.... hope this works....

I know they are nothing special but they do the trick....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230567765559&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Hi ladies

Just thought i'd let you know that the Church have confirmed our wedding date Saturday 30th June 2012.  whoo hoo i'm so excited the church is just beautiful i love it even more everytime we visit.

I've also booked my photographer and videographer and i've got a meeting with a highly recommended DJ on Saturday.

Bit of a dilema, we wanted the walls of the Golf Club covered in white drapes and a fairy light wall behind the head table, we've been getting some quotes and it is sooooo expensive anywhere from £1500 - £2000...the girls are saying that we can get some fabric and do it ourselves but i don't want it to look tacky, so not sure what we're going to do at the moment as it will eat into alot of our decorations budget, but on the other hand we're not spending alot on the centre pieces as one of my bridesmaids will make them and we're only going to have diamantes scattered on the tables.  I have already got my chair sash bows and table runners, so maybe it's doable but it's soooo much money to spend on covereing the walls but it really does transform the place....hmmmm what to do???

Congratulations chick, thats brilliant :-) So much more real now x

Yeah, i agree with the others, DIY.... have a practice run first.. see how you go :-)

You are so organised!!! I can not wait to see your pix!!!! x

well thankfully Michelle she is not staying with us she has a flat to stay in when she comes over to England (not that I would ever allow her to stay with us and I think FI would know there'd be a murder committed), but even her being here is going to drive me mad, she has Wayne running around after her like a headless chicken....'oh sweetie can you just drop me down the road' (well NO because you live 1 hour drive from us, so it's not just down the road is it).....grrrrrr she gets me so angry.

Can you believe that we have been together 9 years in May and our mothers have NEVER met.  His mum looks down on everybody, god knows why though because it's not like she's a millionnaire she only owned her own hairdressing business and her own house.   I said if they meet and she makes my mum feel bad in anyway shape or form for being 'working class' and not owning her own house etc etc then I will go for her, becasue my mum is so lovely and wouldn't even say anything.  Wayne thinks its a good idea for us to have them meet when she is over this time as we have been putting it off for ages but i'm not so sure, i suppose it has to happen eventually though!!!

We have been together 10 years in July and it was about 6 years before our parents met.... not for any other reason other than distance... 1st time they met was at FSIL wedding... they have met a couple of times since, like when i moved to Annan as my mum n dad helped me move and over the last few xmas' as again my parents came up here :-)

I hope the "visit" goes ok.... and time passes by quickly for you.... will defo be thinking of you xxx