Amurka have you looked in Monsoon they have a couple of lovely short white dresses......I am thinking of getting one for the rehearsal dinner as like the others am planning on wearing my wedding dress as long as I can!! :)

Michelle you make me chuckle about MIL's T Shirt/vest....how funny!!  But I think you should definitely sell yours on ebay.....they are gorgeous!!!!  You are so clever :)

Nicy I can't believe how far up the list we are now....only seems like yesterday when I was near the bottom......I can't wait for it to be our turn but in the same breath I don't want the planning to be over....am really enjoying it!!

I have my dress fitting on Monday....eeek can't wait!! Have had a really bad week on the diet though need to really knuckle down or might have to come down the aisle to 'I like em big I like em chunky' from Madagascar....lol!!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol waybuloo, I am sure you will look beautiful walking down the isle no matter what :))) We all have a little set backs from time to time...this week wasn't too good for my diet either lol :D...today had burger and chips for lunch LOL :D...but we just need to stick to it girls and we will succeed !!! :D

I will check Monsoon online first thing tomorrow morning, thank you so much for a tip - I will let you know if I have found smth that I like :))...

xoxo

Here is the Jane Norman Dress, the pics dont really do it any justice as it looks even more gorgeous on :-) Pics make it look flatter than it is.....But you get the general idea x

Front:

100_0460.JPG

Back:

100_0461.JPG

I actually think im going to wear this the night before the wedding for the meal the 7 of us will have!!!

Originally Posted by amurka View Post

Thank you Nicy so much if you could post a picture it would be lovely :)) I have not checked in Warehouse yet, but i might do this weekend together with Oriental Pearl :)) I will keep my eyes open too and will post any beautiful dresses I will find here as well :))

xoxo

Coast also do lovely dresses :o)

Originally Posted by waybuloo View Post

Amurka have you looked in Monsoon they have a couple of lovely short white dresses......I am thinking of getting one for the rehearsal dinner as like the others am planning on wearing my wedding dress as long as I can!! :)

Michelle you make me chuckle about MIL's T Shirt/vest....how funny!!  But I think you should definitely sell yours on ebay.....they are gorgeous!!!!  You are so clever :)

Nicy I can't believe how far up the list we are now....only seems like yesterday when I was near the bottom......I can't wait for it to be our turn but in the same breath I don't want the planning to be over....am really enjoying it!!

I have my dress fitting on Monday....eeek can't wait!! Have had a really bad week on the diet though need to really knuckle down or might have to come down the aisle to 'I like em big I like em chunky' from Madagascar....lol!!

I have my dress fitting on Monday too! :o) can't wait to see my dress again. I have had a bad week only worked out twice. I had a sunbed today and the site in the mirror was vile!! I have orange peel thighs and i wanted to throw up!!! Ewwwwwww I seriously need to sort it OUT! lol

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

Here is the Jane Norman Dress, the pics dont really do it any justice as it looks even more gorgeous on :-) Pics make it look flatter than it is.....But you get the general idea x

Front:

100_0460.JPG

Back:

100_0461.JPG

I actually think im going to wear this the night before the wedding for the meal the 7 of us will have!!!

I love this dress it is lovely and looks so floaty! Great of Mexico!!! x

Nicy - your dress looks amazing!!! :D That's exactly what I am looking for as well :)) Oh I love the floaty dresses and in such a heat it will be fantastic too :))

Michelle - I will seriously look into dresses this weekend and will drag my FI through bluewater lol :D About the diet, don't worry hun I am sure you will get back into your routine next week :)))...as you saw above many of us are off our usual regime.. (damn you burger and chips...lol :D)...i put it down to crappy weather :)) But spring is just around the corner so i believe it should be easier to get into shape :))

xoxo

Hi Girls!

How are you all?  I havent been on in so long - it has taken me 4 days of paid work time to catch up with what has been happening!  I cant believe some of you girls are married already and how close some of you are to becoming Mrs'!  Especially you Nicy - your big day is zoooming!  Im so so excited for you!  It was so funny - I was rading all the posts dating back from December (!!) and I got to the bit where you mentioned your Cabbage Soup diet and I had to wait a bout 6 pages to find out how you had got on!  Well done you - 7 lbs is wicked.

An update on me:

Well  I hadnt really done much up until Christmas and now I am in full planning mode.

The dress is paid for.  I absolutely love it BUT I have been proper panicking for the last few weeks.  Something in is really worried that it just isnt beachy enough.  I feel so comfortable in it but once you start looking at accessories (Hair flowers, bouquets) and everyone elses (Floaty bridesmaid dresses) and I feel like maybe mine is a bit "English Church Wedding).  Its so pretty and I love love love the back but Im nervous.  I will be interested to hear your thoughts *waits with baited breath*

http://www.onewed.com/wedding-dresses/designer/paloma-blanca/dress/strapless/a-line/floor-length/4065/#photo_id=377

I even emailed the lady at the wedding shop telling her I was too worried it was too much and I would be too hot!  She hasnt emailed me back yet ........

Chris' shirt has been ordered and recieved.  We have the same shirt for him and the 3 attendants.  He originally wanted to wear a fred perry polo top but I had to put my foot down a little.  I mean, I know its both of our day and all but come on!  I would have had to wear a tennis dress with it!

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/ps-paul-smith/white-embroidered-placket-dress-shirt-460780

We dont know what to wear on the bottom half regarding trousers and footwear yet so we are just having a bit of a think about it and hoping we will spot something soon that gives us inspiration.  All I know is he wants dark coloured trousers and not linen or beige.  talk about against the grain my DH!  LOL

I brought one of those dress boxes the other day!  We are flying with BA and I just didnt  want to take a risk so I brought one.  I brought the large and they told me it would take 10 days but it arrived in 3!  They arent cheap  (Just under £50 by the time you pay for postage - an empty box in a box!!!!!) but they are acid free and so you can actually store your dress in it forever if you so wish.

http://www.dressinabox.co.uk/

I am in thr process of finalising the designs on the invites and ordered some beautiful fans as part of the favours.  They arrived on Monday and I am really pleased - great price and they smell DIVINE!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25-NEW-Sweet-scented-Sandalwood-fans-wedding-favours-/180364991204?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item29fe975ae4 

Anyway, I'll stop waffling for now!  Im sure your bored of it all already :)  Is anyone doing/done  a whiteboard guest book?  I am thinking of doing this but wanted to pick someones brains firts.

Take care and cant wait to catch up again!

Kiwimelxxxx

Hi Kiwimel, nice to have you back. I really wouldn't stress about your dress. It is so beautiful. I love it. My dress is not beachy at all. Nothing like i thought i would go for but i love it and no matter where in the world i was getting married it is most definately 'the one'... your's is perfect and if you love it then its right for you :o)

I need to get my travel box too. I must order that...

I wasn't planning on doing the whiteboard but i do think they are a great idea and i'm sure your guests will love it :o)

Welcome back Kiwimel, I am totally with Michelle....my dress isn't beachy either at all & I am in no doubt that I am going to boil in it but no pain no gain so they say....lol.  If you love it & it makes you feel like a princess then it is the one regardless where in the world you are xx

OMG Michelle what time is your fitting?  mine is at 12 O'Clock?.....I am so panicking that it won't look like I remember it or I look really fat in it......I have lost some weight but still lots to go, I hear you on the sunbed, my legs are like corn beef at the minute!!  I brought two new tankinis online & was so happy when they arrived because they are gorgeous....then I put them on.....OMG what a bloody sight!!....seriously need to starve for the next 14 weeks!!!! :)

Hey kiwi, good to see you back....

Thanks :-) I was so so made up with 7lb, like you wouldnt believe!!!

Your dress is beautiful, I think its fine for a DW, if your happy with it and you feel its the one, then i wouldnt worry at all, i think it will be perfect :-)

Yes, i need to order my box aswel... im not sure whether just to order it now or wait until i have my dress, i dont supose it matters but its next day delivery on the site i have (which was reccommended by a lovely on here) so i may just wait :-) They are a great idea, as im certainly not putting my dress in the hold....

As i say to Stephen, it will be so easy to go buy a suit in Mexico if something happens to the cases but to find a wedding dress... thats a whole different ball game took me 18 months to find "The One" :-)

No im not havbing a whiteboard either, although i do like the idea

xox