Charmaine that's great news that you have finally decided on your dream wedding, I am so happy for you! Definatley stay on here so what If it's a uk wedding, it's still a wedding and we can all still help each other. I know that if my family hadn't of been coming to Mexico my plans would have hanged. :D

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok that´s me, I´m done. Just finished packing, had a temper tantrum when my wedding dress kept falling off the hanger, had a crying fit when i saw antony´s grandad´s pocketwatch that he´s planning on wearing..... i´m an emotional wreck. this is not like me at all!

char, glad to hear you´ve sorted out what you really want, you will have an amazing wedding, wherever it is.

Josie, good luck with your wedding, you´ll be gone before i get back, hope everything is wonderful for you.

To everyone else, thanks for listening to me rant over the last 10 months, see you all when i get back.

jo XX

Good Luck Jo will be thinking of you, can't wait for you review!! :)

Char - So happy for you & it definitely seems like you've made the right decision for you two, definitely keep popping in us ladies like to hear about all weddings....good luck!! :)

Well ladies I have not been on in a while, have been popping in & catching up from time to time but with Christmas haven't really been doing anything weddingy!!  But now its THIS YEAR!!! OMG!!!!  Am so so so so so so excited!!  Really need to crack on now, more so with sorting this body of mine out, its alright in the dress it pulls it all in but the next day people will be like 'wheres the bride gone?' 'that can't be her surely'!!.....hahahaha!!

We had a bit of a drama two days before new year, we came back from being away at my mums for Christmas & walked into a major smell of gas, I took the kids back out while we waited for the emergency gas & when they got there they found our boiler was leaking gas.  They then put on the carbon monoxide detector & it was at 1400ppm which basically means if we had gone to sleep in the house we wouldn't have woken up.......& if it wasn't for the gas leak which we smelt we would've never known we had the carbon monoxide leak as that has no smell!!  How lucky are we....it really shook me up thought kept thinking what could've been & more so for the kids. The house got shut off & we had to go & stay at the Marriott hotel for 5 days!!  Today the new boiler is being fitted & new pipes for £2000!!!! Bloody great 4 months before wedding, freaking disaster!!  But hey we are all ok which is the main thing........thank god!x

How is everyone else?  Where are we all with plans?x

OMG how scary!!! That just made my heart race reading that! So glad your all ok and safe!

Do you have house insurance that will cover the cost? Exactly what you dont need ontop of a wedding!!

I am trying to get hold of the alterations department for my first dress fitting but not having much luck today! I have however got all the mens favours and ordered some of the ladies. I also got some little disney pads and pen sets out of the pound shop for the little girls coming. Now i'm stuck and need ideas...... What do you get a 13 yr old boy and a 1 yr old boy as favours??? I was thinking a small car or truck for the 1yr old? But so stuck on Harrison who is 13 HELP! x

Waybuloo - OMG that sent shivers down my spine, so so pleased that you are all safe and well (fate), bummer about the cost!

We had Jays car break down just before xmas and that cost us £700 which we wasnt happy aboutsad.gif

But on the bright side I went and picked up my dress today and tried on MY dress. I had tears in my eyes when I put it on it fitted really well, just needs adjusting around the bust.woot.gifIt's now at my mums house in the spare room, i just want to keep putting it on!!!

I also was looking at tiaras and found one which looked just right and my mum brought it for me, what do you think?msnwink.gif

tiara michelle.JPG

We do pay an  insurance with british gas  that will pay us back what it cost us to stay at the Mariott but as for the cost of the boiler because it was over 7 years old they don't cover the cost.  They do give us £200 towards the new one though which I suppose is better than a kick in the teeth.  Am just trying to stay positive as now they have started work on the house today & I know we will have to pay the money this week it has just hit me how much we really can't afford it along with the wedding as well, it is going to eat most of our savings.  My mum & dad are saying that they will help us & £2000 is nothing compared to our lives which is true but there is no way I am taking any money off of them they have already helped us so much with the wedding bless them.

On what to get Harrison I am no help sorry honey.....have been sat here racking my brains but can't think of anything for a 13 year old!!!!  bloody useless I am....lol.  A car for the 1 year old is perfect though.

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

OMG how scary!!! That just made my heart race reading that! So glad your all ok and safe!

Do you have house insurance that will cover the cost? Exactly what you dont need ontop of a wedding!!

I am trying to get hold of the alterations department for my first dress fitting but not having much luck today! I have however got all the mens favours and ordered some of the ladies. I also got some little disney pads and pen sets out of the pound shop for the little girls coming. Now i'm stuck and need ideas...... What do you get a 13 yr old boy and a 1 yr old boy as favours??? I was thinking a small car or truck for the 1yr old? But so stuck on Harrison who is 13 HELP! x

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

Waybuloo - OMG that sent shivers down my spine, so so pleased that you are all safe and well (fate), bummer about the cost!

We had Jays car break down just before xmas and that cost us £700 which we wasnt happy aboutsad.gif

But on the bright side I went and picked up my dress today and tried on MY dress. I had tears in my eyes when I put it on it fitted really well, just needs adjusting around the bust.woot.gifIt's now at my mums house in the spare room, i just want to keep putting it on!!!

I also was looking at tiaras and found one which looked just right and my mum brought it for me, what do you think?msnwink.gif

tiara michelle.JPG

Originally Posted by waybuloo View Post

We had a bit of a drama two days before new year, we came back from being away at my mums for Christmas & walked into a major smell of gas, I took the kids back out while we waited for the emergency gas & when they got there they found our boiler was leaking gas.  They then put on the carbon monoxide detector & it was at 1400ppm which basically means if we had gone to sleep in the house we wouldn't have woken up.......& if it wasn't for the gas leak which we smelt we would've never known we had the carbon monoxide leak as that has no smell!!  How lucky are we....it really shook me up thought kept thinking what could've been & more so for the kids. The house got shut off & we had to go & stay at the Marriott hotel for 5 days!!  Today the new boiler is being fitted & new pipes for £2000!!!! Bloody great 4 months before wedding, freaking disaster!!  But hey we are all ok which is the main thing........thank god!x

How is everyone else?  Where are we all with plans?x

OMG..... Thank god you and the kids are all ok, i know its a heafty cost replacing the boiler etc, but worth it knowing all will be safe and well with you, hubby (to be woot.gif) and the kids x Strange thing to say but thank god for the gas leak.....

xox

Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

tiara michelle.JPG

Arrrr, its really lovely :-) Very pretty, what a lovely gift from your mum.... arent mums fab :-) x

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

Sorry Michelle i wouldnt have a clue what a 13 year old boy would like.... biys are bad anough at the best of times!!! I will have a think and keep an eye out though :-) xox

xoxo

Originally Posted by janapana View Post

Ok that´s me, I´m done. Just finished packing, had a temper tantrum when my wedding dress kept falling off the hanger, had a crying fit when i saw antony´s grandad´s pocketwatch that he´s planning on wearing..... i´m an emotional wreck. this is not like me at all!

char, glad to hear you´ve sorted out what you really want, you will have an amazing wedding, wherever it is.

Josie, good luck with your wedding, you´ll be gone before i get back, hope everything is wonderful for you.

To everyone else, thanks for listening to me rant over the last 10 months, see you all when i get back.

jo XX

WHOO!!! WHOO!!! See you when you get back :-) ARGH!!!! Thanks for letting us share for the last 10 months.... Loving all my virtual friends :-) Dont know what i wuld have done without you all myself :-) x

Good Luck, Thinking of you both on your special day x x

I know I have missed you Jo but I know you will have a fab time and will be an amazing bride!  Cant believe I leave next Friday!!!!

Herbie76 - love your tiara.  I tried mine back on the other day - I think after the wedding I may wear it to do the housework - lol!

Well all of a sudden there doesnt seem to be enough hours in the day what with being back at work.....we have to deliver the tickets to everyone as we did a group booking and I am not waiting for everyone at the airport to give them their tickets - could you imagine if one of the group was running late which is likely to happen with my family - tho it is usually me!  Booked in hair for next Tuesday (my roots are pretty bad as trying to leave them to the last minute), manicure and pedicure for next Thursday, hotel booked for the Thursday evening, still so much to do but then I havent been that organised its my own fault.  It all suddenly hit me how real it is today as the WC asked me to choose my flowers and book in any spa treatments.........I suddenly felt really nervous and like the other Jo said - that is sooooooooooo not like me!  Its really all happening for us - woo hoo.

The flowers I choose; in our package you get a centerpiece, buttonhole and brides bouquet; are below as I really wanted something 'tropical/summery' .....

flower 1.jpgflower 2.jpgflower 3.jpg