• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the info on the blood tests ladies, i got myself into such a panic over it yesterday...but again it is so confusing the RIU website says they test for HIV, Syphilis, Herpes, Gonorrea and all STD's but then Jo said she spoke to the WC at RIU and they said they only test for HIV and Syphilis...like you said Jo the coldsore virus is a form of herpes, at times i suffer from coldsores so the virus is in my blood so are they really saying i wouldn't be able to get marrried in Mexico over a coldsore....aaarrrggghhh i just wish they'd be clearer. 

I thought that everybody had to get apostilled/translation....now i'm even more confused sad.gif

OMG Richard suffers with cold sores terribly!!  In fact we are just dreading him getting one on the day.....I am going to email my WC now....can you imagine getting there & not being able to get married!!.....& I thought DW were supposed to be easier!!

Thanks Kerry for your comments, I know I shouldn't worry about everyone else I think, I'm just a bit of a worrier....

Vicki your poem is just perfect....lovely, in fact I think you should design a card with that on the front & sell it to Clintons :)

Did anyone see 'Don't Tell The Bride' last night....OMG.....I would've gone MENTLE & would definitely not have married him.....if you didn't watch it basically the lady wanted a traditional country manor house with all the trimmings & all her family & friends there 150 of them!!  She was very close to her family & her nightmare wedding would be anything tacky.....SO he books them a trip to Vegas!!!!....Only takes 6 people with them which means even her own brother can't go, which leads to her sister/best friend saying she won't go without the brother.....nightmare.....it all ended with a 'will she won't she' get on the plane....I wouldn't have, I mean the man you are marrying should roughly know what you want, surely?! Admittedly he booked a lovely room at the Venetian & a old gangsters mansion for the reception which was beautiful.....but with the 6 of them, & she hated the dress he chose......I quizzed Richard after to see if he would know exactly what I would want & thankfully he did!! :)

Originally Posted by waybuloo View Post

OMG Richard suffers with cold sores terribly!!  In fact we are just dreading him getting one on the day.....I am going to email my WC now....can you imagine getting there & not being able to get married!!.....& I thought DW were supposed to be easier!!

Thanks Kerry for your comments, I know I shouldn't worry about everyone else I think, I'm just a bit of a worrier....

Vicki your poem is just perfect....lovely, in fact I think you should design a card with that on the front & sell it to Clintons :)

Did anyone see 'Don't Tell The Bride' last night....OMG.....I would've gone MENTLE & would definitely not have married him.....if you didn't watch it basically the lady wanted a traditional country manor house with all the trimmings & all her family & friends there 150 of them!!  She was very close to her family & her nightmare wedding would be anything tacky.....SO he books them a trip to Vegas!!!!....Only takes 6 people with them which means even her own brother can't go, which leads to her sister/best friend saying she won't go without the brother.....nightmare.....it all ended with a 'will she won't she' get on the plane....I wouldn't have, I mean the man you are marrying should roughly know what you want, surely?! Admittedly he booked a lovely room at the Venetian & a old gangsters mansion for the reception which was beautiful.....but with the 6 of them, & she hated the dress he chose......I quizzed Richard after to see if he would know exactly what I would want & thankfully he did!! :)

Ok, so no i am a tiny bit worried as i never thought about the herpes thing (coldsores) :-(

I suffer from them & by the sounds of it just like Richard, & we too are so so worried i will have one on the day and when i get them they arent just small.... being there 6 days before we get married is a worry. I have read about a few things online which i am going to my doctor with to see if she recommends and if not what she can recommend.

1.) Lysine tablets

2.) Aciclovir

Haha, yes i did watch dont tell the bride.... funny, funny, funny smile120.gif It was so obvious she was going to go to Vegas and marry him... it drives me mad that prgram but i still love.gif it. I cant believe he got it SO wrong!! I mean there is getting one or two things wrong but to get it all wrong!!!! and to be honest the dress he chose was a lot more flattering on her dont you think? I know its each to their own etc but still ...

Funny as we were talking the other day about it, I would 110% trust Stephen with everthing inc the dress.... just wish he was doing eveything now so i didnt have to worry!! LOL x

oooh thanks for the tip I am going to get Richard to talk to his Doctor.....

& yes I much prefered the dress he chose....funny isn't it how different people see different things.....I just can't believe she went through with it, it is supposed to be the happiest day of your life & how could it be if some of the people you wanted there most weren't.....& did you think there was a slight chance he was gay?  with his best friend?!........I'm all for the man who is in touch with his feminine side but saying 'love you' at the end of a telephone conversation & playing with his hair at the end...all a bit odd if you ask me.....Richard reckons he was singing 'Always on my mind' to him at the end!!....haha...god I sound like a right old gossip but something wasn't quite right!!...haha & to gamble the wedding on red or black.......she shouldve done the same as to whether to marry him or not!! See how he liked it!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

have just heard from one of my friends that when ants and i come back to uk in november without the kids, the night out  we had planned with all of our friends all together (a kind of get your liver in training for mexico event) has now been taken over by one of antonys friends girlfriends, who is a born organiser and who has decided that it would be better for the girls and boys to go out separately. wtf? i am going to have to kill her. she´s not coming to the wedding anyway (a million crap excuses, but tbh i´m glad she´s not coming as i don´t much like her).

i mean seriously, me and antony NEVER get time together away from the kids, we´re hardly likely to want to not spend it together. nope, that´s it. i´m going to have to facebook her with a big FUCK OFF AND STOP ORGANISING MY LIFE. this is the girl who requested we change our wedding date to fit in with her holiday allowance.....

ok i´m going now before i get thrown off the forum for swearing!!!!!

(ARSE)

I also suffer with coldsores. Especially in the sun etc and when stressed and run down! (Mexico will prob cause a massive one that will take over my lips and i'll be named Mick Jagger)!! I got one the day before we flew to Egypt with friends! I have to use high sun protection on them! So if that's the case they will defo not allow us to Marry! It is ridiculous and i'm sure it will be OK. Thousands of ppl have herpes! It's a virus for goods sake! I will go MAD if they say we can't marry because of this. I'm sure if it were that big a deal you would be warned or asked about it by your TA before travelling, surely?

Yes i'd like to know what the Doc says about those medicines too.

Jo - I would tell the girl you had the night organised already and want to stick with it as planned! Who is she to tell you what to do? I would be steaming. I have a friend who is a bit of an organiser. I dont mind but i am capable of organising things myself and when it comes to things i've arranged i'd be mad if someone else took over too! You tell her girl!!!