• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know cost is a massive factor in this but I cant help but think your only going to get married once and those pictures will be with you forever. So if you dont like the style now, will you not like your pics?

Have you got a link to the pictures your photographer has taken? x

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

Kerry - no still dont know what to do. With the 2night minimum rule for outside vendors i think it will work out alot more expensive to get an outside photographer and we want a video. We hardly get anything with our wedding package either :o(... it is annoying as we wont get that day back and i REALLY want nice photos sad.gif

Girls i felt like that when my dad decided he wasn't coming. Luckily i have a gorgeous son that has stepped in to give me away. Failing that i prob would of had my mum or walked on my own. Hope you work it out. x

I seem to have hit a dead end lately.... Not really done anything weddingy for a while... feel a bit of a spare part lately :-(

Im off for a fortnight after ths week so no doubt my wedding head will come back then, and i can start getting a few more things together and re-working my list etc :-)

I would love to get an outside vendor for photog, if it was maybe just a matter of cost for that i would be ok, but just cant affort a nights stay for one!! Would work out way too expensive i think.... i have emailed our resort photog for samples but not heard back yet.....

Great idea having both mum and dad.... You make me laugh Susan..... with your "and they BOTH did make you after all lol" comment!! Haha :-)

Michelle... WOW... Love the length of ya list.... Fantastic...... :-)

ARGH....... 7 Months, 3 weeks and 1 day for us, Cant believe were nearly in the 6 months...... It has flew since May when we booked it..... It scares me when i think about it as i havent even ordered my dress yet!!!! ARGHHHHH..... Roll on my weeks off work...... I need my wedding head back :-)

Shit, i havent ordered my dress... reading that back i have just scared myself even more!!!

xoxo

I know Michelles list scares me!!!

I would order your dress if i was you v. soon as i ordered mine in Feb and what with alterations and problems with the material I didnt get it until July - dont wait until the last minute!  I just have to try and fit in mine now - lol!

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

I seem to have hit a dead end lately.... Not really done anything weddingy for a while... feel a bit of a spare part lately :-(

Im off for a fortnight after ths week so no doubt my wedding head will come back then, and i can start getting a few more things together and re-working my list etc :-)

I would love to get an outside vendor for photog, if it was maybe just a matter of cost for that i would be ok, but just cant affort a nights stay for one!! Would work out way too expensive i think.... i have emailed our resort photog for samples but not heard back yet.....

Great idea having both mum and dad.... You make me laugh Susan..... with your "and they BOTH did make you after all lol" comment!! Haha :-)

ARGH....... 7 Months, 3 weeks and 1 day for us, Cant believe were nearly in the 6 months...... It has flew since May when we booked it..... It scares me when i think about it as i havent even ordered my dress yet!!!! ARGHHHHH..... Roll on my weeks off work...... I need my wedding head back :-)

Shit, i havent ordered my dress... reading that back i have just scared myself even more!!!

xoxo

lol isnt it funny how you just have sudden panics about the wedding. I think of things and suddenly my stomach does a little flip. Glad im not the only one!

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

xoxo

On the photography front we are going with Octavio Montes http://www.octaviomontes.com/home.htm as our hotel allows in outside vendors - for what he charges his photos are very good - we also didnt want to have hundreds of photos sitting in a drawer for years to come. As we will only have a few on show and budget is a major factor for us despite it being our wedding day - I dont want to be paying for one day for the rest of my life - as harsh as that sounds.  He also ensures he has everything back to you within 3 days either at your hotel or meeting him at the airport x

Originally Posted by josietoms View Post

On the photography front we are going with Octavio Montes http://www.octaviomontes.com/home.htm as our hotel allows in outside vendors - for what he charges his photos are very good - we also didnt want to have hundreds of photos sitting in a drawer for years to come. As we will only have a few on show and budget is a major factor for us despite it being our wedding day - I dont want to be paying for one day for the rest of my life - as harsh as that sounds.  He also ensures he has everything back to you within 3 days either at your hotel or meeting him at the airport x

I prob sound as harsh as you but im the same... ofcourse i want wedding pix (professional) but i also cant justify spending loads and being in debt my married life.... xox

Yes i feel the same but i do want nice pix. I will prob only have a few on display at home but i want those to be nice ones without paying a fortune. It seems some of the outside photographers charge a fortune. I think if we weren't having an AHR i would justify paying more but i dont want the price to get out of control. I might have to sacrifice the DVD and just have photos although it would be nice to have a DVD to watch in yr's to come..... I have been approached by a photographer. He works with his wife and their photos are gorgeous. They are looking to expand their destination wedding portfolio and are interested in shooting our wedding, for travel expenses x2 and a fee. In return for all the photos edited on CD ready to print! I think i will ask them to look into the travel cost etc and see how that goes. It's so stupid our hotel has rules and fees for outside vendors. Cheeky way of getting you to use their company!

Morning ladies! Finally managed to get Antony to buy a suit this week, It´s a really dark grey with a pinstripe in it. slimfitting with a waistcoat and a pale lilac shirt..... mmmm i have to say he did look rather gorgeous in it! I never see him suited and booted, he´s always in chef whites or scruffs, think i´ve seen him in a suit about 5 times in nearly 5 years so when i saw him put it on i thought, ding-dong! You´ll do!

Wedding invitations done, my mum posting them for me when she goes back to uk on friday. All of them have the luggage tags and pens in with them, and two sets have travel mugs (they´re to be handed out directly to my mums family.... saving on postage (i´m  not tight... honest!)

The rest of the travel mugs will be sent to Sheffield for me, then when i´m back in October i´ll hand them out then.

OMG i have less than 4 months to go. Had a bit of a wobble of late, OH and I work completely opposite shifts so that someone is always home for the kids (mia´s school closes between 12.30 and 3,30 for lunch every day so you have to pick them up) so 7 days a week one of us is working, then i work 4 nights on top of that, needless to say it doesn´t help our relationship, especially with a mardy-arse 2 year old who may as well live on the naughty mat. And we have both been so tired with the long hours and the heat that all we do when we do see each other is snipe and fight- i was starting to think,,,,,, why am i marrying this man, we don´t even like each other! anyway so we´ve rejiggled our shifts so that someone else is looking after mia over lunch, and we get to spend a couple of days a week together, and it turns out i do actually still like him! bonus! I was seriously starting to wonder if it was too late to call the whole thing off. Most upsetting. It´s a shame that work and those pesky kids get in the way!!!!

Morning girlies

We are home god its blimming cold.The last of the washing is in the machine BUT there are all the smellies shoes and clean stuff to sort and pack away.ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

We have had a fabulous two weeks the wedding was perfect the sun shone and it tipped down on the Saturday the day we should of been married.

The photos we have see are great so im hoping the postman arrives today with the three albums and disc of all the photos he took.He sent them from Ireland on Saturday.

We should have the dvd today aswell YAY.

Apart from the wedding highlites we enjoyed some funny moments one of them being go karting ending with the oldies race my mum pauls mum neither of them can drive lol and Pauls dad.All the while someone was doing a commentry saying sport gone wrong lol

I hope allof you are ok xxx

back to the unpacking lol