Originally Posted by herbie76 View Post

My life is always busy, with 2 children aged 10 & 2 lifes never quiet.cheesy.gif

I love the ticket invites did you get them printed???

Got the invites from Allurements by Rebecca, found her on here. She was ace although it turned into a bit of a mare getting them through spanish customs. If i was a bit more technically able i'd have used the logo and done something arty myself, but like you, i've got a 2 and 9 year old, 2 jobs, and not even time to go to the toilet for a shit in peace!!!!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ha ha Jo i know the feeling. A 13yr old and a clingy 3rd old. I'm never alone!!! ha ha

Can i ask. What is the wording you've put on the luggage tags? I was thinking.... "we're going to Michelle & Dan's wedding in Mexico, Please look after our luggage" then on the reverse.... "We're off to Mexico, Barcelo Maya Palace, Riviera Maya"........is that ok?

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

Oh that is good the dress shop said it's ok for the boxes! They just said to me they will ring me when it comes in. I really wanted to see it when i was in there but it's not one they keep in store :o(.. When i first purchased it she said my first fitting should be in January so i can't wait for that. :o)

Another lovely friend has booked up to come with us :o).. she is on her own and doing 10nights and had to pay a supplement but was so excited to come she's willing to do it. She booked with Caribbean collection.co.uk. Another really helpful lady. Great customer service with them too :o)

I am stressing about our photographer!! The new ones dont seem much better than the old ones really! I've been looking at all the different hotel photographers and ours is pants in comparison! Dreams have great onsite photographers.. i'm jealous. Outside photographers at our hotel have to stay a minium of 2 nights or a $300 fee each for a day pass so it will work out costly to get someone in :o(

Jan will be here b4 we know it... how exciting :-)

Im so excited for you that your friend has booked!! thewave.gif

Michelle, im sure your photographer will be good!! Whenever we see pix from others we ALWAYS think they look better...... that is until we get ours :-) Ours will be the bestestest!!! (and yours) :-) x

Originally Posted by janapana View Post

Got the invites from Allurements by Rebecca, found her on here. She was ace although it turned into a bit of a mare getting them through spanish customs. If i was a bit more technically able i'd have used the logo and done something arty myself, but like you, i've got a 2 and 9 year old, 2 jobs, and not even time to go to the toilet for a shit in peace!!!!

ha ha Jo i know the feeling. A 13yr old and a clingy 3rd old. I'm never alone!!! ha ha

Can i ask. What is the wording you've put on the luggage tags? I was thinking.... "we're going to Michelle & Dan's wedding in Mexico, Please look after our luggage" then on the reverse.... "We're off to Mexico, Barcelo Maya Palace, Riviera Maya"........is that ok?

Dont know why it wont let me edit the aove post and dnt know why it didnt put my replys to the other "quotes"?

Anyway

Jo. you always crack me up!!!!! Love it x

Michelle, I think that sounds great, if i decide to do them i may steel..... only change names and location... obviously!!!! Where did you get them?

xo

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

Dont know why it wont let me edit the aove post and dnt know why it didnt put my replys to the other "quotes"?

Anyway

Jo. you always crack me up!!!!! Love it x

Michelle, I think that sounds great, if i decide to do them i may steel..... only change names and location... obviously!!!! Where did you get them?

xo

Havent done em yet hun, but was looking on vistaprint and have some nice ones on there :o) Just didn't know what to put on them

I´ve just put "I am going to Mexico for Joanna and Antony´s wedding. Please look after my suitcase!" I left the back blank in case they want to write their details on.

Jacob went back to nursery yesterday, Mia goes back to school a week today..... 12 long hot weeks of summer holidays.... I´m hanging on to my sanity by a thread.

Going for a dress fitting tomorrow morning for the night time dress.... had good intentions of eating well today, lasted until we went to the beach for our tea.... does deep fried calamari fit into the weight watchers plan??????????????????

Not to put a dampener on these lovely luggage tags BUT when I worked at Gatwick anything that was highlighted as being part of a wedding or highlighted that is was for a special event - we would remove as the staff at the 'destination' couldnt be trusted for want of a better word as it was an attraction to those with light fingers!!!!  But I'm sure you will all be fine xx

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH..........

I went for a dress fitting today, for the blue dress that i bought before the "real" one, that i plan on wearing at night. When i bought the first dress, even though it was in size ginormous, the shop owner told me not a problem, we have a seamstress who can take it to pieces and rebuild it to fit you free of charge.... ace, i thought, and can you shorten it, as due to my dwarf like status it´s currently at granny length.... sure no problem.

so today i go and the sewing lady sticks the pins in the top.... fine..... then i ask her about taking it up. PROBLEM. "i can´t do that", she says "it´s impossible" sorry? it´s impossible? WTF? then when i asked her about taking up my real dress a few inches, she said it would depend on the fabric as to whether that was "possible" or not. what, so every 5ft 2" bride in the world has to wear stilts for the day ?????

I probably wouldn´t have bought the blue dress in the first place if they´d told me the length couldn´t be altered, now i am on the hunt for someone who can actually do what they say on the f*cking tin.

On the plus side i´ve got two trips back to the uk booked, one for oct, one for nov, so if i´m still struggling i´ll find someone there who hopefully can do it (if i can fit it in with all the shopping and drinking and shopping and drinking)

We are off to a fancy dress charity party where i work tonight. I have got a cowboy outfit, and i thought i´d dress antony and jacob up in red shorts, white t-shirts , fake tashes and draw 118118 on them.... job done!