• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by roo66 View Post

Pauls just woken up its 1.20 in the morning jabbering cor innit bright in here WTF go back to sleep you nutter oh hang on now hes saying it wasnt as bright as this a min ago NO you had your eyes closed you nutter go back to sleep.

i get that all the time from antony, "when are you turning the light off, it´s too bright i can´t sleep" DURR you´ve just been snoring for the past hour, dozy sod!

hahahahaha you lot make me crack up!!!!  nob jockey & moody knickers made me laugh out loud in work....my boss was like 'you alright Lisa', yes fine just a client making me laugh!!!

On the 'in law' note we fell out with MIL two years ago & haven't spoken to her since, I know it sounds bad but am really glad.....she would have made my life hell over this wedding, they are divorced so Richards dad is coming with us & he is really easy going which is great.

Oh I am going to watch that shipping thing, was going to order pink silk fans from a US based site today but may have to rethink if am gonna get a mahoosive shipping charge??!!

This made me laugh out loud cos we had the same conversation last week hahaha

Originally Posted by janapana View Post

i get that all the time from antony, "when are you turning the light off, it´s too bright i can´t sleep" DURR you´ve just been snoring for the past hour, dozy sod!

Originally Posted by waybuloo View Post

hahahahaha you lot make me crack up!!!!  nob jockey & moody knickers made me laugh out loud in work....my boss was like 'you alright Lisa', yes fine just a client making me laugh!!!

On the 'in law' note we fell out with MIL two years ago & haven't spoken to her since, I know it sounds bad but am really glad.....she would have made my life hell over this wedding, they are divorced so Richards dad is coming with us & he is really easy going which is great.

Oh I am going to watch that shipping thing, was going to order pink silk fans from a US based site today but may have to rethink if am gonna get a mahoosive shipping charge??!!

Two years!!!!  You lucky begger! Now if i manage that i will pat myself on the back, hee hee.. and she's not coming to your wedding! I'm jealous, ha ha. How bad does that sound!

I got pink fans off ebay. 12 for £4.99 or something. They came from Hong Kong and were dirt cheep! Try looking on there. x

Roo - OMG.  Your story sounds like my up bringing!  Accept I was the poor girls with the nits, no hair cuts and shoddy, horrible clothes.  My mum essentially used my sister and I as a cash cow through my dad to fund the 4 other children she had to 2 other fathers.  We would go home to my dads and my stepmum would strip us off before we wwalked in the door!  Our clothes were either binned or soaked till the stitching came apart from the napisan!  Our shoes were polished and we were chucked in a bath of detol and 2 doses of nit shampoo.  Then we were feed till we gained so much weight that it took the whole school term to lose it.  We were wormed and dosed on vitamin C and then shipped out for doctors, dentists and hairdressers appointments! 

To this day - as a little girl of 9, I was so humiliated and felt so protective of my mother but also so desperate to not have to go back home. 

I just want to let you know, that these children will appreciate what you do for them one day.  More then you realise at this very moment. My stepmum made us feel like normal people again after that bit of routine.   I really feel for you and think you are doing a brave and amazing job.  People forget sometimes how difficult it is to be a stepmum as you are usually painted as some interferring/horrible person but at the end of the day, people forget that you are taking on a whole nother family  and that is something that not all that many people can relate to.

Keep going - be the bigger person, try not to slag off their mum in front of them however hard that is to do and just try and be an ear when they want to have a moan with out voicing an opinion and I promise they will have more respect for you then they do for her.  My stepmum now has the last laugh as I havent spoken to my mum for 5 years and it is  my stepmum and my dad that are going to be walking me up the aisle because she was far more of a mother then my mum ever was.

So so so sorry if that was a long one girls - but I just wanted to let Roo now how special she was!

xxxxxx

Michelle its a shame our weddings are so close I reckon I could've brought most of my stuff off of you when you are finished!!!!....lol.....sounds like we are having a lot of the same things!!x

Kiwimel - what a heartfelt post!!  Needed a like like like button (not for what you went through obviously but for the loving things you say)x

Louise you look stunning in the photos you posted.You really do look like you had the time of your lives.

Im going to pick your brain about your curls or lack of.Having chosen to curl my hair do you have any tips to make it last.Did you build products into it and spray the life outta it?

Thank you!

Hair - well. in the heat, outside, it just doesn't last. no matter what. i used everythign i could, but if fell out within about 1 hour. i put it up for the reception because 1. it was getting a bit limp and 2. i was sweating to death! haha! are you having your hair down? my advice is to hairspray it before you curl it, and after! but have a contingency plan to put it up later. i did pop back to the room at one point for another curl up, but again, it didn't last long!!

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

louise you looked lovely. I can't wait to see the rest of your photos! And hear more about it. Congrats MRS!!!! lol....

FI bought me my wedding bag today it's so lovely. Then Harrison came home from Bluewater with my sister and had bought me the same bag, ha ha... how funny. Will exchange one.....

SDC10737.JPG

OMG that bag is sooooo beautiful, and what a bargain!! i didn't have a bag on the day (I gave everything to my mum, she had a huge beach bag full of things, including flat shoes for us to change into, make up bag etc etc) but i had a bag on Sunday at our AHR, and just had a lippy, some breath spray (lots of kissing people!) and some perfume in it! it's gorgeous!

I have spent an hour trying to put together Mia´s flowers, and i think i´m getting there, planning to make button hole for Jacob and the dads, and maybe corsages for the mums..... or not! Then hopefully the hotel can match these flowers for my bouquet, and if not i´ve bought some spare purple roses and green orchids so i´ll get all white, and poke some in myself!   

079.JPG

they are SOOOOOOOOO lovely! are they fake? they are gorge! you should sell them! i would of definitely bought some!!

Did you take your own makeup? Can i buy this mineral stuff in the shops? And is there anything on the planet that can stop my chin from sweating?????

Yeah, i invested in some really good stuff. i bought mine from SpaceNK, it's Laura Mercier and it lasts and lasts and lasts! but you can get cheaper alternatives. i advice you going into a big department store and being done up by the counters and seeing what you like :)

have you tried those 'blotter' sheets for your chin? they're good!

Louise i´ve just been looking at your planning thread to see where you got your jewellery, is it lobsterlove.co.uk?

it is, she's soooooooo great (laura) tell her i recommended her (louise woods, now pask!) she will make things to your design, she was brilliant!

Originally Posted by josietoms View Post

Louise - you look beautiful on your wedding day and so happy -  its reminded me why i wanted a beach wedding x

Thank you!!

Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post

Louise - I cant see the pictures it says image not avaliable !! :(

Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post

Louise - Cant see your photo's unfortunately, have been dying to see them too as we are getting married at the Moon Palace too!!!  Brilliant planning thread BTW!!

weird! i'll post a few more at the bottom of this thread :)

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

Hey roo.... You remember a while ago a few of us girls were saying about the something borrowed and we were saying we could pass round the lucky sixpence? Well i was wondering as your next (WHOO WHOO) are you wanting to borrow a lucky sixpence? Not necessarily as your something borrowed but just to join in and start the sixpence moving? Your more than welcome to borrow mine if you want?

xox

Quote:

"Oh Nicky thats really sweet of you yes please,but where do i put it lol"

Girls. i have one! i am happy to start off the passing it along thing? i put mine in my bra! hahaha! cause i didn't have time to think abotu it really!

ah well, didn´t get too far with the lists, the urge to spend money over took me so i started looking at bridal jewellery. so far i LOVE the one you wore louise, but i also like these two, just not sure if they´re too blingy?

y?!Bzv1chQ!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKiQEw0RISNLBBM(,i+oU1w~~0_35.jpg... !BzmmqzQCWk~$(KGrHqZ,!jgEw44nDg4tBMWwV2kIl!~~0_35.jpg

they are both gorgeous. and there is no such thing as 'too bling'!!

Originally Posted by kiwimel View Post

I'm still panicking over this Moon Palace booking so I am going to frop you an email Woodsylou in the hopes you can explain it to me - I am so clueless!

got your email, i'll reply now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post

roo you deserve a medal! I agree with michelle, get yourself a glass of wine at the earliest opportunity x

I agree 100% Roo you need wine! you poor thing!

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

I got pink fans off ebay. 12 for £4.99 or something. They came from Hong Kong and were dirt cheep! Try looking on there. x

Fans are SUCH a good idea! buy fans girls!!

I'll post a few more pics, i am 'nearly' finished on my review, it's fooking huge! will hopefully post today/tomorrow! :)

here's some pics xx

my flowergirls Amber, Tabby and Eleanor, my pageboy Eddie and my MOH Janine

03010491a70b0f737b8086992c8693a2275a8dee0a74c06668bdde04adf861713b97e7d4.jpg

walking down the steps to the beach aisle

0050175903a95d94723a6671278ead5439aaed631ef8595232c4d37c56cdaad4c7e6a9ec.jpg

7232471328b6f083a1c53af61d44008478f20cc5780fd6546be6a30388ba88b7ebfdc724.jpg

Mummy and Daddy walking me down the steps to the aisle

8947733695ef48993564bb66282ab94b7a6d1999ad6fbe7631841ec67c3e6e2066cf330d.jpg

being walked down the aisle to my man!

2895184945607c4ce0093ac441b929adb2922bb6e709951cc3ab07038b33c5902f979ccf.jpg

me and my husband!

94105167b5957ce9c5d9d0b3fbeda42996d12023fbf36c4335f49abdcfa29a4335a79aa4.jpg

thumb prints on the registar

795017047a97a57078452d2cf2430363cb783e9a6d98eaf85185e9facc6ec12215ca611a.jpg

thumbs up!

3965402110cc57f0dd32ffc8263dc7b340d850acd0af5423945ffd4bad384ad2f6ead6a5.jpg

our sand ceremony

0635562741ac7ac96ec5ab985232b302d0f32b3525be8d65e797e3e03acbf8bf200928b9.jpg

The Ceremony

348169941e49e4de39a7285f2dd925bfa096a8e5202816f81115c72235c3e8500826eea2.jpg

Confetti time!

267416052b25ca32caa6b7b3471ad1dfb801832b74ae9c7c8772d89bbfaad43a4a1a2d6b.jpg

smooooooching!

055046359dda12f22542145e608686075a2105585b223e37872cae01e4b65cda7e238bec.jpg

The whole crew

479986147d37784a06750b343443cc4ccdd2aa656f62dd94af9f8731717bc7076bdd5131.jpg

Romantic (cheesey!) on the beach

806872022d6eb54d76812ad5f3b83adf9168dd47f8f094aae85c52a1d9aeeac10a9dacc4.jpg

my brother's wife Sarah, Andy my husband, me and my little brother Paul, at the roof top bar for our drinks and first dances

145107375abb0c3a14ba222feb4756f687c849bebbde39f9cb8772a90bd50b9d945c9e2c.jpg

cigar time!!

11623187076cb6d084a85a394d04addf456f0f6c2aaa763b0474d03999738b0725e1d419.jpg

yeah, the shipping thing... been to have my friend look at it, i have 3 options

1- drive to Madrid

2- pay an agent to do all this for me

3- do it electonically through the post office. (i think)

another friend is going to talk to his postman for me as option 3 is the best option, fingers crossed. i tell you what tho, i am never buying any thing from outside the EU again.

on the plus side, our luggage tags, pens and my W.I.F.E t-shirt arrived today.. The pens and tags look great, but i´m really disappointed with the t-shirt..... it´s HUGE. have emailed vista to complain. i know it´s only a joke t-shirt, but still, i´d like to wear it at least once.

These are the pens and luggage tags, excuse the middle one, i can´t persuade my camera to take close ups today!

livepreview1.jpg

DSCF3586.JPGlivepreview.jpg