Vicki I agree that things suddenly change when you announce you are getting married....on FI's side only SIL has said congratulations nobody else has bothered and same as when we got engaged. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Charmaine & Vicki, as horrible as it is it's also nice to hear i'm not the only one. Sometimes i think to myself am i being harsh but then i remember the look in her eye and think hell no she was a cow to me.. FI struggles with it. Like you have said at first it seemed he wasn't sticking up for me, but he tells me he did... he is very protective and defensive of his family. I think his mum always had it in for me and i have always thought the whole family very odd and fake.. fake love they give out makes me wanna puke!! I really can't take much more of her in my life. I get all tense at the thought of seeing her or even hearing her voice. She annoys the life out of me.. like you's also alot of other things have happened but i've bit my tounge but i cant take it any more. FI has always known she's not been my favourite person. Although he struggles to admit it is his mum in the wrong and issues i know he wouldn't be marrying me if he thought it were me in the wrong..

I dont know what the future holds and i'm not looking forward to her being in it. I wish she weren't coming to my wedding or Mexico for that matter. Maybe they are jealous of us. They dont feel needed by their sons anymore cos we have stolen them.. Charmaine i wish my MIL lived in St Lucia.. she is only 5 mins away!! At the minute she has been having Scarlett every friday as i work and i hate, HATE handing her over to her. I get all worked up before she collects her. But as of Sept Scarlett goes Pre-School and she wont be having her anymore. I can't wait.. I mean i'm not stopping her seeing her grandchild but FI will have to take her round there at weekends. So hopefully once i see her less in Sept i will feel better and more chilled. I just need less contact with her. She also doesn't treat my son like her own. Scarlett is "her little girl" and Harrison well she has nothing to do with him... the woman is a B**ch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooo i feel better for that vent! Thanks girlies! xxx

Im so sorry to hear about all you girls family troubles, i can only try to understand you as i couldnt imagine what its like to have stuff like that going on.... Just glad you lovely's can come on here and vent as sometimes its good to talk someone you hardly know and dont feel judged and we can hopefully make you feel slightly better about yourselves :-) I really wish i could say or do more to help x

Cant get used to this new layout!!! Where have my tickers and siggy pic gone :-(

Couldnt get on here yesterday due to site maintinence but those of you who know me on facebook will know but me and FI wre together 9 years yesterday :-) Whoo Whoo!!! x

My sixpence & "I DO" stickers came today and my bra thing and my Knickers.... All exactly what i wanted :-) So exciting x

Oh girlies i used to have the MIL from hell.I have a good one now it took me three goes.She loves me as if i were her own and is always saying Paul is a better person with me in his life.The price i pay is shes not all there lol

I mean it shes as nutty  as a fruit cake, a sandwich short of a picnic.

Shes very sweet very generous BUT she will show Paul and i up with her loudness and chat which always starts with her telling anyone shes been a carer for 25 years.

I think the sooner we realize that others will not treat our children as there own the easier life will become.

As sweet as Pauls parents are every weekend they buy a packet of sweets for the three grandchildren my youngest is a year older than there eldest but they would give them sweets and leave mine out.Im talking three bags for £1.00.

They have also given them money i.e a pound and not given any to Josh even tough Josh is standing there. I know my mum wouldnt do that.Infact ive told her now to treat Pauls differently because thats how they do it

That being said the good outways the bad

Good luck girls xxx were signing up for a life time of it

Nicky glad you were pleased with all your shopping.I bought the i do stickers and ive found a site that does little boxer knickers with crystals on the back/front Im thinking of having white ones with hot pink crystals with Mrs Newnham. I think there about £18

Actually i wonder if they could actually be a diy project.UMMMM hobby craft here i come ive got the glue id just need to buy the crystals which arnt expensive

Has anyone tried making them?

Ive decieded i may go with a birdcage veil aswell im disappointed with how little my hair has grown and think if i went this route i could simply curl it with one of those wand things.Have any of you seen any nice ones anywhere?

Im running out of time

Infact the whole hair thing is keeping me awake.Dosent help i dreamt my mum was murdered by my youngest sons friends aggressive pig of a dad WTF i wish id dreamt my dress had shrunk on a boil wash or somink lol (im not lol about my mum,just the boil wash bit)

Ive been feeling a little low well pissed of of late we are running out of time finance wise which is curbing me from making the final purchases i need/want.Like something for my hair.

I know its not the bee all and end all but i think i work hard so would like to be able to just go get what i want

Sorry rant over hows everyone elses mood ?

Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

Charmaine & Vicki, as horrible as it is it's also nice to hear i'm not the only one. Sometimes i think to myself am i being harsh but then i remember the look in her eye and think hell no she was a cow to me.. FI struggles with it. Like you have said at first it seemed he wasn't sticking up for me, but he tells me he did... he is very protective and defensive of his family. I think his mum always had it in for me and i have always thought the whole family very odd and fake.. fake love they give out makes me wanna puke!! I really can't take much more of her in my life. I get all tense at the thought of seeing her or even hearing her voice. She annoys the life out of me.. like you's also alot of other things have happened but i've bit my tounge but i cant take it any more. FI has always known she's not been my favourite person. Although he struggles to admit it is his mum in the wrong and issues i know he wouldn't be marrying me if he thought it were me in the wrong..

I dont know what the future holds and i'm not looking forward to her being in it. I wish she weren't coming to my wedding or Mexico for that matter. Maybe they are jealous of us. They dont feel needed by their sons anymore cos we have stolen them.. Charmaine i wish my MIL lived in St Lucia.. she is only 5 mins away!! At the minute she has been having Scarlett every friday as i work and i hate, HATE handing her over to her. I get all worked up before she collects her. But as of Sept Scarlett goes Pre-School and she wont be having her anymore. I can't wait.. I mean i'm not stopping her seeing her grandchild but FI will have to take her round there at weekends. So hopefully once i see her less in Sept i will feel better and more chilled. I just need less contact with her. She also doesn't treat my son like her own. Scarlett is "her little girl" and Harrison well she has nothing to do with him... the woman is a B**ch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oooo i feel better for that vent! Thanks girlies! xxx

Oh Michelle, everything you have said describes exactly how i feel...it is nice to now i'm not alone...and what is all of this treating the kids differently just because they are not your blood grandchildren, at the moment me and FI do not have our own child together but the minute we do if she dares to treat my daughter any different I will go mad!!

Thank god for this website and you girls, i don't know what I would do sometimes if I didn't have you to talk to.

Thanks xx

Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post

Im so sorry to hear about all you girls family troubles, i can only try to understand you as i couldnt imagine what its like to have stuff like that going on.... Just glad you lovely's can come on here and vent as sometimes its good to talk someone you hardly know and dont feel judged and we can hopefully make you feel slightly better about yourselves :-) I really wish i could say or do more to help x

Cant get used to this new layout!!! Where have my tickers and siggy pic gone :-(

Couldnt get on here yesterday due to site maintinence but those of you who know me on facebook will know but me and FI wre together 9 years yesterday :-) Whoo Whoo!!! x

My sixpence & "I DO" stickers came today and my bra thing and my Knickers.... All exactly what i wanted :-) So exciting x

Hi Nicy

i just tried looking for you on facebook, but couldn't find you, add me Charmaine Thomas, my profile picture is me (in black) and my daughter (in purple)...the rest of you ladies that are on facebook can add me too if you want.

oooooh your things came, was just wondering how the bra thing was...does it work properly??  I am quite big chested (34G) and all the dresses that I am like have a very low back, but I need to have some sort of support so don't know what i'm going to do there smile35.gif

Originally Posted by roo66 View Post

Nicky glad you were pleased with all your shopping.I bought the i do stickers and ive found a site that does little boxer knickers with crystals on the back/front Im thinking of having white ones with hot pink crystals with Mrs Newnham. I think there about £18

Actually i wonder if they could actually be a diy project.UMMMM hobby craft here i come ive got the glue id just need to buy the crystals which arnt expensive

Ive decieded i may go with a birdcage veil aswell im disappointed with how little my hair has grown and think if i went this route i could simply curl it with one of those wand things.Have any of you seen any nice ones anywhere?

Im running out of time

Infact the whole hair thing is keeping me awake.Dosent help i dreamt my mum was murdered by my youngest sons friends aggressive pig of a dad WTF i wish id dreamt my dress had shrunk on a boil wash or somink lol (im not lol about my mum,just the boil wash bit)

Ive been feeling a little low well pissed of of late we are running out of time finance wise which is curbing me from making the final purchases i need/want.Like something for my hair.

I know its not the bee all and end all but i think i work hard so would like to be able to just go get what i want

I am loving the crystal boxer knicker idea.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low, I know it is easier said than done, but try not to let things get you down.  I know that you want everything to be perfect but it will be no matter what little things are missing the main thing is that you and FI are getting married with your family and friends there to share your special day, nothing else really matters. xx

Originally Posted by roo66 View Post

Im running out of time

No i havent tried but great odea, i am going to get a zip up top to take with me so i can get hair and make up donre in it and i think im going to but the stones to stick on to say bride and get one for mum to as we will get hair etc done together... So i'll be DIY'ing them :-) x

The finance thing is terrible, everytime i buy something i feel guilty... BUT i want everything to be right and perfect so i just do it... it is horrible though :-(

Not in to bad mood today, been a long day though.... Tired today. I have applied for about 7 jobs over the last wek and im hoping someone will get back to me with good news that i have an interview... Fingers crossed !!!! xox

Originally Posted by char79uk View Post

Hi Nicy

i just tried looking for you on facebook, but couldn't find you, add me Charmaine Thomas, my profile picture is me (in black) and my daughter (in purple)...the rest of you ladies that are on facebook can add me too if you want.

oooooh your things came, was just wondering how the bra thing was...does it work properly??  I am quite big chested (34G) and all the dresses that I am like have a very low back, but I need to have some sort of support so don't know what i'm going to do there smile35.gif

I think i found you....................

I havent actually tried the bra thingy on yet, i will have ago over the next few days... you get two in a pack so i have one set to mess with :-) Watch this space xox