for the visa thing, it's just the advanced passanger information you need to do. your TA will give you details and you just have to email your passport details. it's painless and takes seconds.

for documentation all i've done is have our birth certificates appolstilled. that's all we need (and i've heard you don't even need that). i'll let you know if there's anything else.

i just had a presentation at work. the girls came over with a trolly with 5 bottles of champagne and lots of nibbles, all my friends at work came over for a glass or two. they got us £100 in mexican pesos, a zorbing experience from our gift list and a Bath spa and afternoon experience from our gift list! we're SOOOOOOOOO lucky!! had a lovely afternoon! now we're all off to a local champagne bar for more drinks!

i won't be on as much now girls, as im not at work any more! but i will pop on! have fun with the planning and i'll let you know how Mexico and the Wedding goes!!!! it's so real and so exciting! thanks for all your support and i'll speak soon!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Well in that case I will get one anyway so we can both pass ours around (if need be) and we just have to make sure you have mine.... so there is your something borrowed? :-)

yes you will definatly get yours back :-) What a lovely thing to do with your nans birth year... Lovely x

xox
I think that is a wicked idea, count me in, although I am the last so far to get married but i'll send it back to you I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxmysockz View Post
Ok taking on board what you said Nicci... I just ordered them!
So I ordered the sta
I only plan on getting married once and I want favours people will love and re-use!!

I also really wanted a starfish for my bouquet but every site I found wanted ridiculous shipping $65 for a $15 starfish!

I found a website that has the bottle stoppers and the starfish that wants only $18 shipping! thewave.gif

rfish Starfish Bouquet Jewelry - 3 colors

Andddd a fuschia and orange garter to go with my wedding colours woop pinkie.gif

Darling Duo Fuchsia/Orange Garter

Also great Idea to get a list going of UK brides!!! xx
I am loving the starfish bouquet and garter...thanks for the link i've seen a few things that I'm going to order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
So heres the current list of UK brides............

July 2010
Woodsylou
30/07/10
Moon Palace
From Bishops Stortford

Sept 2010
roo6 6
03/09/10
Zante, Greece
From Lenham, Kent

Oct 2010
Mrs Price 2010
05/10/10
Riu Tequila
From Gloucester

Dec 2010
yeya99
30/12/10
Gran Caribe Real

January 2011

jodieP (Jodie)
11/01/11
Riu Caribe
From Glasgow

janapana(Joanna)
12/01/11
Riu Tequila
Living in Spain

josietoms (Josie)
24/01/11
Catalonia Riviera Maya
From Tunbridge Wells, Kent

March 2011

BecaJ
26/03/11
Gran Porto Real
From Luton

April 2011

Jacqui
April 2011
Moon Palace
From Liverpool

roxmysockz (Kerry)
08/04/11
Dreams Riviera Cancun
From Billericay, Essex

May 2011

JoanneIreland
May 2011
Barcelo Maya
From Ireland

Nicyx (Nicola)
06/05/11
Riu Palace
From Warrington - living in Annan

June 2011

Michelle2011 (Michelle)
01/06/11
Barcelo Maya Palace
From Welling, Kent

Waybuloo (Lisa)
02/06/11
Gran Bahia Principe Tulum
From London

July 2011

leonie1986
07/07/11
Casamagna Marriott, Cancun

Lynsey
25/07/11
El Dorado Royale
From Glasgow

November 2011

Soon-To-Be-McRae (Vicki)
12/11/11
Gran Caribe Real
From Blackpool

char79UK (Charmaine)
July 2012
Gran Caribe Real
From Croydon
wow didn't realise that there were so many of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsylou View Post
LOVE them! so brillia

hey! welcome! where in the UK are you? i get married at the Moon Palace NEXT WEEK! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!!

Thank you!!! I am mega excited! it's my last day at work today, look at my desk!!

Click the image to open in full size.

have you thought about buying things out there? i am worried about weight, so im getting my tea lights, shot glasses and star fish from wallmart out there!

it depends on your airline. im with thomas cook. out hand luggage is only 5kg and 23x17x11 so there's no way i can take my dress on as hand luggage. but we did get a free suitcase up to 20kg for wedding 'etire' only!
for the visa thing, it's just the advanced passanger information you need to do. your TA will give you details and you just have to email your passport details. it's painless and takes seconds.

for documentation all i've done is have our birth certificates appolstilled. that's all we need (and i've heard you don't even need that). i'll let you know if there's anything else.

i just had a presentation at work. the girls came over with a trolly with 5 bottles of champagne and lots of nibbles, all my friends at work came over for a glass or two. they got us £100 in mexican pesos, a zorbing experience from our gift list and a Bath spa and afternoon experience from our gift list! we're SOOOOOOOOO lucky!! had a lovely afternoon! now we're all off to a local champagne bar for more drinks!

i won't be on as much now girls, as im not at work any more! but i will pop on! have fun with the planning and i'll let you know how Mexico and the Wedding goes!!!! it's so real and so exciting! thanks for all your support and i'll speak soon!!! xxxxxxxxxxx[/QUO

Woodsylou, your desk looks wicked.

Have a fantastic wedding and enjoy every moment of it...can't wait to see your review xxx

Quote:
So heres the current list of UK brides............

July 2010
Woodsylou
30/07/10
Moon Palace
From Bishops Stortford

Sept 2010
roo6 6
03/09/10
Zante, Greece
From Lenham, Kent

Oct 2010
Mrs Price 2010
05/10/10
Riu Tequila
From Gloucester

Dec 2010
yeya99
30/12/10
Gran Caribe Real

January 2011

jodieP (Jodie)
11/01/11
Riu Caribe
From Glasgow

janapana(Joanna)
12/01/11
Riu Tequila
Living in Spain

josietoms (Josie)
24/01/11
Catalonia Riviera Maya
From Tunbridge Wells, Kent

March 2011

BecaJ
26/03/11
Gran Porto Real
From Luton

April 2011

Jacqui
April 2011
Moon Palace
From Liverpool

roxmysockz (Kerry)
08/04/11
Dreams Riviera Cancun
From Billericay, Essex

May 2011

JoanneIreland
May 2011
Barcelo Maya
From Ireland

Nicyx (Nicola)
06/05/11
Riu Palace
From Warrington - living in Annan

June 2011

Michelle2011 (Michelle)
01/06/11
Barcelo Maya Palace
From Welling, Kent

Waybuloo (Lisa)
02/06/11
Gran Bahia Principe Tulum
From London

July 2011

leonie1986
07/07/11
Casamagna Marriott, Cancun

Lynsey
25/07/11
El Dorado Royale
From Glasgow

November 2011

Soon-To-Be-McRae (Vicki)
12/11/11
Gran Caribe Real
From Blackpool

char79UK (Charmaine)
July 2012
Gran Caribe Real
From Croydon
FAB.... Ive just come on here to do this... WONDERFUL you have saved me a job :-) And like the others have said didnt realise there were so many of us!!! WOW x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Price 2010 View Post
I'd check with your tour operator regarding weight! I'm going with Thomsons and they give you extra for your wedding attire and because my hotels classed as 'Platinum' they give you extra as well!! My bloke keeps telling me that I'm got no excuse to be over..... hmmm still might happen!!
Yes im with Thomsons so have 23kg each as its "platinum" then 7kg as hand luggage each (thats for everyine flying with us) then we "bride & groom" get an extra 5kg each and we can use that either as hand or check in, were going to see what dress and kilt/suit weighs then decide :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsylou View Post
haha! cute isn't it? so far today i've had a gorgeous photo frame, a 'home sweet home' thing to hang on the wall and a bottle of bubbly! more to come too! WAHOOO!

i have a few things, beaticians/hairdressers, i need to pack, i need to confirm the catamaran trip, i need to change money up, that kind of thing. im sure there is more, but i can't be bothered to think about it! i just want to be drunk! hahaha!
The desk is fantastic... noway on earth would the people i work with do anything as nice as that, we'd be lucky if we got a card... But i put it down to the part of the world i work in (i think carlisle people live in a but of a bubble.... if your not from round there then your not really welcome.... SORRY if i offend anyone (dont think anyone from here is from Carlisle so i should be ok) but thats they way i have been made to feel)

But back to you Louise... FAB FAB work collegues and friends you have that is so so lovely, hope you enjoyed your champers :-)
It'll be more exciting for you now though that you have finished work :-) xx

Quote:
Whats this all about - I'm worried now theres another bit of bloody paperworkshuh.gif??
You just get a small form to fill in on the plane, make sure you dont loose it though when its filled in so put it in ya bad safely til you get in airport as i read its $50 to replace it... BAH, anyway to make more money!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by char79uk View Post
I think that is a wicked idea, count me in, although I am the last so far to get married but i'll send it back to you I promise
No problem at all, i think this is a great idea, concidering were all there for each other through the planning process it will be nice to know were sharing our wedding day too :-) x

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsylou View Post
i won't be on as much now girls, as im not at work any more! But i will pop on! Have fun with the planning and i'll let you know how mexico and the wedding goes!!!! It's so real and so exciting! Thanks for all your support and i'll speak soon!!! Xxxxxxxxxxx
good luck and im so so excited for you.... Will be thinking of you on sunday and even more so on the 30th...your wedding day!!!!!
Cant wait to hear all about it and see your pix and i wish you all the luck in the world, savour every second you can and dont forget to take at least 5 mins an hour or so out with your new husband so you can smile and be happy together with your guests :-) xox
lots of love xox

Hi All,

Not sure how I have previously missed this forum!!

I'm from Newcastle & we are booked for Azul Sensatori for May next year, can't wait! We booked with Thomson but are still waiting for our wedding date to be confirmed.

So far there are 40 of us altogether and most of us are staying in the same hotel. It's a mixture of family & friends. What about you lot? Have many people booked up yet?

The forums on here have so far been really useful so hopefully this one will be too! x x x

thewave.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by *lyndsey* View Post
Hi All,
Not sure how I have previously missed this forum!!
I'm from Newcastle & we are booked for Azul Sensatori for May next year, can't wait! We booked with Thomson but are still waiting for our wedding date to be confirmed.

So far there are 40 of us altogether and most of us are staying in the same hotel. It's a mixture of family & friends. What about you lot? Have many people booked up yet?

The forums on here have so far been really useful so hopefully this one will be too! x x x

thewave.gif
Hey Lyndsey welcome to the UK bride thread great to have another UK bride with us xo
Oooooo someone from this end of the country too, most on here are from down south :-)
WOW 40 of you, thats fantastic. I booked with Thomas Cook but were flying with Thomason as its a Thomsons resort were going to. They took ages to confirm date but when they did it was the greatest feeling :-) I have (inc us) 7 of us booked and think thats going to be it, we would like more but it just hasnt worked out that way.
What date in May are you hoping for? We are getting married on 6th May... CANT WAIT... cant wait to have you join in the planning :-)

xox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
Hey Lyndsey welcome to the UK bride thread great to have another UK bride with us xo
Oooooo someone from this end of the country too, most on here are from down south :-)
WOW 40 of you, thats fantastic. I booked with Thomas Cook but were flying with Thomason as its a Thomsons resort were going to. They took ages to confirm date but when they did it was the greatest feeling :-) I have (inc us) 7 of us booked and think thats going to be it, we would like more but it just hasnt worked out that way.
What date in May are you hoping for? We are getting married on 6th May... CANT WAIT... cant wait to have you join in the planning :-)

xox
Hi Nicola,
We are flying out on 6th May and are hoping for 12th may for our wedding date.it's the earliest we can get married as we can't include the day we fly, then the weekend, then 3 full working days. The 12th is a thursday so if we don't get that we might get offered friday 13th! i hope not i feel like we'd be jinxing it!! 7 is still a nice number, we were shocked at how many people actually booked up for us!x

Nicy that is great luggage allowance. I am jealous. Monarch are crap!! We dont get any bonus for being the bride and groom and our allowance is minimal! Rubbish!!

Louise - good luck hun, i hope you have a fantastic time and your wedding is everything you dreamed of and more..:o) the first of the UK brides on this thread to get wed, it's soooooooooooo exciting x

Welcome lyndsey!! congrats and lovely you have so many ppl going with you

i'll have to check as not 100% sure but i don't think thomson have given us any additional luggage allowance. i think its the standard 20kg and we can pay for extra (which i will defo be doing as I struggle to keep below 20 on a 1 week holiday never mind our wedding!!) x