Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicyx View Post
welcome3.gif & Congratulations on booking your wedding.... How much have you planned so far?

xoxo

Cheers Nicy. Well so far we've only got me and my fiance booked aswel as my Mum and Dad. I've got the prices for the other guests so they're just getting their deposits together now so should be booked in a couple of weeks.

Other than that thats as far as I've got really! I want to get cracking with things but I feel like I'd be doing everything too early, but I suppose it's best to be prepared.

What about yourself, how far have you got with planning etc.?x

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecaJ View Post
Cheers Nicy. Well so far we've only got me and my fiance booked aswel as my Mum and Dad. I've got the prices for the other guests so they're just getting their deposits together now so should be booked in a couple of weeks.

Other than that thats as far as I've got really! I want to get cracking with things but I feel like I'd be doing everything too early, but I suppose it's best to be prepared.

What about yourself, how far have you got with planning etc.?x
We have just had our date confirmed by TC as the date we requested 6th May at 1pm (although we did request 4pm) Im so excited.
My mum and Dad are booked along with FSIL, Hubby and baby. I think thats all thats going to be coming... wish everyone was coming but cost was a mojor factor for most. I have chosen my dress but not bought it yet, will look at getting it at end of year. Stephen is still deciding what to wear, I have always wanted him to wear a kilt (hes scottish) and a few weeks ago he finally agreed (He hates his legs, but i think secretly he always wanted to) but the only thing detering him now is the weight of it.... but im almost positive he will go with it :-)
I have bought a few bits and bobs and made a few bits 2.
I just want to go all out and get everything now but i know i need to be sensible about it all :-)

Im just waiting for my wedding pack to come through now then when i have that i think it will spur me on slighlty. My next mission is to get in touch with WC at the resort so i can find out cost of hair, photog, and confim times etc, i think being intouch with her will make it seem more real :-) x

This might seem a bit random ladies but here goes....

I am having my little boy as a pageboy with a ring cushion, so what happens regarding the best man as he would normally take care of the rings righthuh.gif?? I am a bit confused as to what happens with the rings if i have them on a ring cushion please can anyone help clear this up for me sorry i am being a bit dense lol.

Vicki x

Quote:
I've just booked my wedding yesterday for March 2011!! We booked through First Choice for the Gran Porto Real. Yay I can't wait! It's so exciting to have it all finally booked, now I can do the fun parts like the dress, OOT bags etc.
Welcome along .... now the fun can really start.

Michelle love the headband.

I have gone with a tiara and no veil - I just couldnt get on with a veil and I know as it will be windy right down on the shoreline it would annoy me. But I love veils on other people.

I got my tiara at the national wedding fair its was half price (£45) as it was the last one and discontinued - not that it matter to me. I will try and take a picture of it next time I'm at my mums as her spare room is slowly turning into my wedding room!!!

nicy, we went to party in the (car)park with my family last night, there's a massive fiesta in one of the local towns, the average age was at least 60 i reckon!

now i'm stuck at work wanting everyone to bugger off home, and instead i'm making cocktails..... it's sunday night people, go home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
This is really cute.

Stephen will love it - adds a bit of fun to proceedings - lol.

Oh and on a positive note i got a verbal offer of a job following my interview on wednesday - woo hoo thewave.gif
however learning all these bartering tricks in the last few weeks i'm gonna stick to the 'oh i have recently been made redundant - i'll see if i can get a cheaper quote elsewhere.....' line - lol x
WELL DONE!!!!!!!!! that's just fabulous! so glad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
Hey Ladies

So much has been going on here, not been on for a few days so will have to have a read and catch up.

Josie....Congrats on the job thats excellent news yay x

Woodsylou....Wow you must be soooo excited with only a few days to go, are you all set and ready?

I have been looking at dresses for the past few weeks now purely because everything is quite expensive i want to have plenty of time to pay for everything so trying to get a head start, so after looking and trying LOADS of different styles on i finally found THE DRESS and have put my deposit down yay was sooo exciting, here it is (the pics are of someone who had the same dress and are selling it on ebay!)

Click the image to open in full size.

What do you ladies think?

How is everyone's planning going so far?

Vicki xx
OMG that is BEAUTIFUL! what a princess dress! it's so gorgeous!

Quote:
Oooo, any excuse to flash the dress pinkie.gif
Im going for this Maggie dress, I LOVE IT :-)

Im actually thinking of ordering my dress online at
Discount Unusual wedding dresses-money save wedding, Unique bridal gown,evening dresses from superbweddingdress.com

Im a tiny bit worried after reading the horror stories but i figure €135 is a small gamble if i get it and its all good... Ive read a few good reviews so i think i will go for it and save myself like £800!!!! :-)

xox
that's so beautiful! i agree about risking it. if it's awful you are only losing about £100. go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post
Nicy i'm sure you will still love your dress too. It's stunning, I love it. All our dresses are gorgeous we all have such good taste ha ha...

Our plans are going well thanx Vicki.. and yesterday it just got better when FI asked his friend that is booking up to be bestman!! Yah!! So happy for him it's all coming together nicely now!

My friend went to a wedding on Sat and when i looked at the photos she had a lovely hair band in. Exactly what i'm looking for so i'm gonna ask her were she got it from. I'll post pix once she tells me so you can all see what you think..
awww that's so great! i bet he's over the moon! also, what about borrowing your friend's hair band? save some ££'s!

Quote:
yah my bag came...now i just need MOB, MOH and bridesmaids ones to come...

Quote:
Hi hun, it was graciousbridal..

personalized brides tote bag, brides organizer canvas tote bag - Brides Essentials

I got the OOT bags from Islepac...

Large Organza Tote Bags by IslePac Gift Packaging

yesterday was great thanx had a lovely day in the pub garden with family and friends. Dan was spoilt... paying for it now. He was smashed last night! He was so sick and has only just got out of bed and it's nearly 12!! I have a thumping headache and am now off to a 9yrs party ha ha.. I just want to sleep lol..

OMG I WANT it! how much was it?

Quote:
I've just booked my wedding yesterday for March 2011!! We booked through First Choice for the Gran Porto Real. Yay I can't wait! It's so exciting to have it all finally booked, now I can do the fun parts like the dress, OOT bags etc.
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! that is the most exciting thing! i was jumping for joy when we booked! many congrats!

Quote:
Ok quick question to you girls.

What can i get my mum and dad as a pressie? I want to get them something to give to them on the morning of the wedding with a card. But i just havent got a clue what to get each of them? Can anyone help me with 1 or 2 ideas?

Thanks x
what about a voucher to do something with you and H2B once you're back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janapana View Post
nicy, we went to party in the (car)park with my family last night, there's a massive fiesta in one of the local towns, the average age was at least 60 i reckon!

now i'm stuck at work wanting everyone to bugger off home, and instead i'm making cocktails..... it's sunday night people, go home!
hahahahaha! that's so funny! how you feeling today?

I am a bundle of nerves today, i am litterally living on kalms! three days more of work and that's it! YAY!

i had my school friends and my Moh round yesterday for a cream tea (finger sandwiches, cake, champagne, tea etc) and i put my dress on for them to see and my shoes and jewellery and my MOH and my mum both put thier outfits on too! it was all so nice! feels sooooooooo real!!

A voucher is a great idea but its so hard to get us all together at the best of times, I havent seen my parents for about 4/5 months due to work, cost etc on both sides (which is a sore subject) so im not sure that would work, but thanks for the idea, its definatly something to play with :-)

Glad you like the dress!!! Definatly worth the risk x

WOW the count down is really really on now... I just cant imagine how you are feeling at the moment!!!

Yesterday sounds like a ball... what a lovely day for you, everyone together :-) xox

what about then a voucher for them to do something on their own together?

i feel very odd. shakey. it's not wedding panic, it's more holiday stress you know?! trying to ensure we have everything and we can get it all packed etc! i will feel so much better once we're out there!

WOW, In that case your so calm..... Just to have holiday stress.... If thats what its like I have nothing to worry about!!!! ;-p

It will probably feel more like your wedding when you get out there and the holiday stress has passed!!! How exciting :-)

xoxo