Quote:
Originally Posted by roo66 View Post
Michelle i love your bridesmaids dresses.I dont think you need necklaces with them the necckline is fab as it is.Maybe a bracelet.How old is your son good old next go up to age 16.We went shopping today we went into hobby craft and i found four small starfish in a pack i got two packs and sent Paul to see if he could find magnets.Tomorrow im gluing the magnet and making buttonholes for all the boys and Pauls dad.Josh my youngest wanted a buttonhole i think the total was less than £10.00.
I found the sand aswell but i thought £4 a tub was quite a lot i found some in merchant chandler for £1.50 a tub so that job is ticked off the list
The parasols are bugging me i dont want to pay $70 for shipping
I guess im waiting for a bargain,or for Paul to say hell get them lol
My son will be 13 when we go. He's is small though. We got FI's suit out of Next but they dont do the same colour in the boys. So i'm just gonna get the smallest mans and have it altered. As he's giving me away i really want him in the same as FI.

Arrr the buttonholes sound cute. I love hobbycraft! I was looking online today at personalized lip balms etc.. for the OOT bags but i can only find minimum orders of like 24.. Can you get them per item anywhere. Dont really wanna pay out for 24 when i only need a few!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Girls

Thank you for the lovely replies, i will sit tight till November and save all the pennies we can, we can book the wedding direct with the hotel and book the holiday with First Choice but i am worried that if something goes wrong i wont have anyone to go back to where as if i book with First Choice then i can. The prices to book direct with hotel and first choice were not much different either really.

Michelle2011......Love your bridesmaids dresses they are lovely and the colour is fab.

I can sympathise with you ladies whose parents are not going, i have had a few problems with family as well but always knew it would be a possibility when choosing a DW and as Nicy says plenty of photos and videos will be great.

We have our engagement party tomorrow so something to look forward to then on with the wedding planning but dont know where to start first what would you ladies advise.

Vicky x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon-to-be-McRae View Post
Hi Girls

Thank you for the lovely replies, i will sit tight till November and save all the pennies we can, we can book the wedding direct with the hotel and book the holiday with First Choice but i am worried that if something goes wrong i wont have anyone to go back to where as if i book with First Choice then i can. The prices to book direct with hotel and first choice were not much different either really.

Michelle2011......Love your bridesmaids dresses they are lovely and the colour is fab.

I can sympathise with you ladies whose parents are not going, i have had a few problems with family as well but always knew it would be a possibility when choosing a DW and as Nicy says plenty of photos and videos will be great.

We have our engagement party tomorrow so something to look forward to then on with the wedding planning but dont know where to start first what would you ladies advise.

Vicky x
Vicky i felt the same as you as it turns out we had to book our wedding with Caribbean Warehouse and i am dealing direct with the WC at the hotel. Saying that CW do have a wedding department and will be on hand to help if any problems arise. Could you not just get the wedding date "on hold" and then when you book with First Choice get them to confirm the wedding etc and then have them as a back up. If there is a special date to you i would try and get it reserved....

Have fun at your engagement party - ours was nearly 7 yrs ago now i can hardly remember it, ha ha ....

Ok girls i've seen on ebay some personalised labels. So i'm thinking if i ordering them and then buying lipbalms from superdrug and sticking them over the label? You do get over 100 of them which i dont need but they are so cheap it is a better way than paying out for the actual wedding lipbalms if that makes sense? What do you think?

Michelle the ebay lip balm labels sound perfect.Gunna check them out now.Ive just realized theres a wedding fair four miles up the road from us.SO IM GETTING OFF OF HERE !!!! easier said than done hahah and going to see if i can find something for my hair.

Sorry michelle whats the name of the person on ebay ill check them out.I could do lip balm for the girlies and because where we are staying is a watersports centre i could get the boys the coloured sun block for there noses ummm another project maybe

With regards to the lip balms - there is a company on ebay who will do personalised lip balms in batches of 10. They are just silver tins of lip balm and then they do a sticker to go on top as I used them for my friends hen do a few years ago - i'll see if i can dig out their details and come back to you ..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2011 View Post

Ok girls this is 2 of my BM's in their dresses and shoes... what ya think?

Click the image to open in full size.

I dont know if to have them wear a necklace or not? looks nice with or without. I also need to think about my jewellery! Arrgghh!

They look great! Personally I dont think they will need a necklace as the shoulder has a lot of detail to it. Love the colour x

Thanx for the comments on the dresses. I didn't plan on getting that bright fuschia pink at first but i fell in love with the dress and am really please with them. I think the colour and design suit a DW... I would have liked it maybe a dusky pink but i am pleased with them. One of the BM's asked if i was going to have fuschia chair bows but i think i will go with baby pink (I love any shade of pink as you can tell) as i dont want it to in your face pink. I think the girls dresses are just enough. I am going to have my flowers in the bright pink too :o) I'm not a bride that HAS to have all the colours matching! I'm very easy going like that!

Quote:
ha ha i thought the same. It would prob go up in the loft! I totally get what your doing.........

Kerry - yeah i think i will ring CW and see. I'm hoping it's just as the hotel havent got their package prices out yet for June 2011. Maybe when they are out i will need to sign something?

Ok girls this is 2 of my BM's in their dresses and shoes... what ya think?

Click the image to open in full size.

I dont know if to have them wear a necklace or not? looks nice with or without. I also need to think about my jewellery! Arrgghh!
STUNNING, they look beautiful :-) How lovely to see it all coming together x Beautiful BM's x

Quote:
Wow that was a bargain. I'm gonna go to Lakeside tomorrow so i will pop in there and have a nosey! See if i can also pick up a bargain ;o)

Spoke to CW she said yes once they have finalised the package i want etc i will get paperwork and legal info to sign. So hopefully this/next month...

I have been searching for a matching suit for Harrison to match FI with no luck. But today i spoke to a dress maker that my BM knows and she said if i get Harrison the smallest mans she can alter it to fit him :o).. so i'm going to order now (so they dont go out of stock) and she said she will fit him up after xmas.. another tick off the box! cheer2.gif
Wow, your on a roll :-) Nice that things are being to be ticked off the list x

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo66 View Post
Michelle i love your bridesmaids dresses.I dont think you need necklaces with them the necckline is fab as it is.Maybe a bracelet.How old is your son good old next go up to age 16.We went shopping today we went into hobby craft and i found four small starfish in a pack i got two packs and sent Paul to see if he could find magnets.Tomorrow im gluing the magnet and making buttonholes for all the boys and Pauls dad.Josh my youngest wanted a buttonhole i think the total was less than £10.00.
I found the sand aswell but i thought £4 a tub was quite a lot i found some in merchant chandler for £1.50 a tub so that job is ticked off the list
The parasols are bugging me i dont want to pay $70 for shipping
I guess im waiting for a bargain,or for Paul to say hell get them lol
WOW, thats a huge difference in price for the sand, glad you got it cheaper, i like th eidea of a sand ceremony, never heard of it until i came on here though. Gosh that is a lot for the shipping alone!! shame its so expensive. hope you get what you want and soon x

Quote:
Vicky i felt the same as you as it turns out we had to book our wedding with Caribbean Warehouse and i am dealing direct with the WC at the hotel. Saying that CW do have a wedding department and will be on hand to help if any problems arise. Could you not just get the wedding date "on hold" and then when you book with First Choice get them to confirm the wedding etc and then have them as a back up. If there is a special date to you i would try and get it reserved....

Have fun at your engagement party - ours was nearly 7 yrs ago now i can hardly remember it, ha ha ....

Ok girls i've seen on ebay some personalised labels. So i'm thinking if i ordering them and then buying lipbalms from superdrug and sticking them over the label? You do get over 100 of them which i dont need but they are so cheap it is a better way than paying out for the actual wedding lipbalms if that makes sense? What do you think?
Yes as Michelle says have fun at your engagement party :-) We never had one :-( Wish we did though!
I think the lables are a great idea... may even look into that myself?! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josietoms View Post
They look great! Personally I dont think they will need a necklace as the shoulder has a lot of detail to it. Love the colour x
Im with you on this i dont think they need necklesses at all the shoulder detail i think is definatly enough :-) Maybe just get a bracelet if you want them to wear a bit of jewellery x

Quote:
This is what i was looking at but if you do a search loads come up with all different designs

175 Round Glossy Personalized Stickers Label Favors New on eBay (end time 06-Jul-10 13:38:41 BST)
The company i used was call The Favour Factory on ebay - they didnt have minimum amounts then - but that was a while ago x