Photo

Gran Caribe Real - Non guest Day/Evening Pass

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 char79uk

char79uk
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

Can anybody please tell me if the Gran Caribe have Day/Evening passes for non guests of the hotel to purchase. The reason i'm asking is that I want to have my wedding there in June 2012, but some of my guests will be staying at other hotels. I know that I can pay for non hotel guests to attend the ceremony and semi-rivate reception (which is only 1 1/2 hours) but we feel that this will not be enough time with the guests and would like them to stay on after to have a drink at some of the bars until the late evening.

Or we are even thinking of not paying for the semi-private reception and getting day passes for the non-hotel guests and booking into one of the restaurants to have the reception there and drinks at the bars afterwards.

If anybody does have any information on day/evening passes please let me know. I know that most hotels have passes for non-hotel guests but I can't find any information on the Gran Caribe website.

Thank you
    xxx Charmaine xxx

#2 knm61210

knm61210
    • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

9am-5pm $65
      12pm-5pm $50
      9am-11pm $95
      Kids 6-12 $35
      Kids 0-5 free

Unfortunately they do not have just an evening pass... you might want to think about upgrading to the private reception (which is 3 hours). That's what we decided to do.

#3 AishaB

AishaB
      • 2,350 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:15 AM

Hi welcome to the forum. Happy planning!
        BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#4 yeya99

yeya99
        • 111 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

I was told that my guest did not need to purchase day passes that only the vendors from outside the hotel need day pases. Then again, Im getting marred in the ocean front chapel and then having a small cocktail after wards. Speak to you weddig coordinator about this.

#5 abbypoo

abbypoo
          • 57 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by char79uk 

Can anybody please tell me if the Gran Caribe have Day/Evening passes for non guests of the hotel to purchase. The reason i'm asking is that I want to have my wedding there in June 2012, but some of my guests will be staying at other hotels. I know that I can pay for non hotel guests to attend the ceremony and semi-rivate reception (which is only 1 1/2 hours) but we feel that this will not be enough time with the guests and would like them to stay on after to have a drink at some of the bars until the late evening.

Or we are even thinking of not paying for the semi-private reception and getting day passes for the non-hotel guests and booking into one of the restaurants to have the reception there and drinks at the bars afterwards.

If anybody does have any information on day/evening passes please let me know. I know that most hotels have passes for non-hotel guests but I can't find any information on the Gran Caribe website.

Thank you

My WC told me that the guests do not have to pay for passes, but I think they're only allowed on the premises like half an hour before the wedding starts and have to leave right after. Hope this helps.

#6 yeya99

yeya99
            • 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

I just had my wedding there. I only had the catholic ceremony in the chapel as our reception was elsewhere.   It is not necessary to buy day passes.  ALL of my guests as well as my husband and I stayed in other hotels and we did not have an issue there.  Guest’s passes are only for people who are not attending a function like a wedding at the hotel.  Again don’t freak out and DON’T buy guest passes  they are not needed for your guests to attend the wedding.

Originally Posted by char79uk 

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users