Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Future Mrs. M

November 2010 Brides - Riviera Maya

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
I am using Marvin from Maya Deseno Floral .::: Maya Diseño Floral Profesional :::. Flores y Plantas Exóticas
for flowers. His prices are amazing and I know past brides that have used him and said he was great.

For music my cousin and a good friend of my family is playing some where over the rainbow on spanish guitar for the ceremony

We did the mariachi band for the cocktail hour who is than going to walk with us over to Kool

I am using DJ Doremixx (Ivan) for the reception

For favours I got luggage tags made through etsy that are also going to double as the place card holders. We also got personalized cigars and little vanilla ones for the girls. Lastly I also got pashminas for all the ladies.

By the way the suggestion on the side pony tail is definitely I am going to consider. I have to wait till October until my trial so in the mean time the hair inspiration binder just keeps growing lol

Where did you find your mariachi? How much are you guys paying? We're looking for a 5-7man group but we were quoted $900...is that too high?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddemayo View Post
Hey!
So I emailed Fernando and indicated that there was another bride on DW that had also booked him for her wedding to have hair and make-up on November 13, 2010 which was the same day as my wedding. In the email I said, "I wasnâ€t sure how this would work out being that we are at different hotels and I believe our weddings are at the same time. Please let me know for I have 7 girls (this includes me) who are confirmed for hair and make-up so I donâ€t want to find out at the last minute if there has been a change, itâ€s just too many people to leave in limbo".

I received an email back just asking if I was having photos done before the wedding, cause if I was he would come around 10:30 then and we would be ready by 2:00. He didnâ€t say anything about another bride or wedding. I had to put a $435 deposit down. Not sure how it will work out…….I canâ€t get to nervous about this or worry too much. I am sure everything will work out in the end. Although the hair and makeup is the most important part for me as well. Worst comes to worst we will be taking a ride to the MAC in Cancun

Chipotle99, How many girls do you havehuh.gif And did you also transfer your deposit to his sisterâ€s account??

BTW did anybody else find it odd that you wire money to an account but donâ€t have a contract in place? Part of me thinks I should email over my own contract and have him sign it along with myself……would that we weird
I had to wire money to his sisters account to. At first I did find it strange but my WC Yazmin de La Mora assured me that she has worked with him before and that he is very reliable. The reason is it costs money to send money to Mexico this way ti does not cost any additional if you send it to his sisters address in Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelov321 View Post
That is so funny, I was going to book Ivan to DJ at my reception, but last minute the resort said they wouldnt allow it. (outside vendor restrictions) He is such a nice guy! Wow, we've been planning the same wedding LOL
AHAHHA we have been great minds think a like :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacj13 View Post
Where did you find your mariachi? How much are you guys paying? We're looking for a 5-7man group but we were quoted $900...is that too high?
I booked it through the Royal and they are $700 for a 7 person mariachi. $900 that is insane!!! I asked my outside WC Yazmin and she quoted me at $550 for a 7 person. But with the $100 outside vendor fee to save $50 and go through the hassle we just stayed with the one for the resort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
I booked it through the Royal and they are $700 for a 7 person mariachi. $900 that is insane!!! I asked my outside WC Yazmin and she quoted me at $550 for a 7 person. But with the $100 outside vendor fee to save $50 and go through the hassle we just stayed with the one for the resort.
I thought $900 was insane for Mexico! $550 sounds more like it. Can you send me Yazmin's contact information?

Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacj13 View Post
I thought $900 was insane for Mexico! $550 sounds more like it. Can you send me Yazmin's contact information?

Thanks!!
Ya that is insane! here is her info Yazmin De La Mora info@yazmindelamora.com
She has been awesome to work with and she actually did Matt and Sol's wedding from Del Sol Photography :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi girls! I am getting married on November 5th at Hotel Marina El Cid. You guys are WAY more organized that we are, but we're planning to get started with everything soon. We have outfits for everyone, people are already starting to book, but we have to send out invites, plan flowers, choose our menu, plan activities, and find a photographer, hair stylist, etc. Plus we need to choose our honeymoon location! That being said I would LOVE some suggestions on photographers, florists, activities (we wanted to charter a boat to take everyone on a sailing trip). You girls all seem to have done your homework. I'd love try to share decorations/photographers if that's an option. Our colors are black, white, cream, and peach. Any help would be amazing!! We've been engaged for a year at the end of the month and I feel like we've hardly done any planning...oops :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboone View Post
Hi girls! I am getting married on November 5th at Hotel Marina El Cid. You guys are WAY more organized that we are, but we're planning to get started with everything soon. We have outfits for everyone, people are already starting to book, but we have to send out invites, plan flowers, choose our menu, plan activities, and find a photographer, hair stylist, etc. Plus we need to choose our honeymoon location! That being said I would LOVE some suggestions on photographers, florists, activities (we wanted to charter a boat to take everyone on a sailing trip). You girls all seem to have done your homework. I'd love try to share decorations/photographers if that's an option. Our colors are black, white, cream, and peach. Any help would be amazing!! We've been engaged for a year at the end of the month and I feel like we've hardly done any planning...oops :)
I would highly recommend Catamaya for your sailing trip! :::::::::: CATAMAYA :::::::::: We went in January and it was so awesome! The boat is beautiful and the crew couldn't have been more fun. Everyone who wanted to went snorkeling (all gear provided of course) and others just swam off the back of the boat. It was a sunset cruise so they went under power to the snorkeling place, then sailed back towards the sunset. It was gorgeous! I will post some pics later as I am off to an appt now. Oh, and they sail out of Puerto Aventuras, just south of Playa.

:) Michelle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaaah, ladies. So I am JUST now focusing on getting in shape and I'm freaking out!!!!

 

What are you guys doing to drop those extra pounds? Any exercise systems/videos that you would recommend? I am aiming to lose 10 lbs in 3 months so I can have enough time to get my dress altered before we go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalanyc View Post
Aaaah, ladies. So I am JUST now focusing on getting in shape and I'm freaking out!!!!

What are you guys doing to drop those extra pounds? Any exercise systems/videos that you would recommend? I am aiming to lose 10 lbs in 3 months so I can have enough time to get my dress altered before we go!
I just started P90X and let me tell you, it is CRAZY!! Youll definitely lose 10lbs and more. If thats not for you, I did Weight Watchers for 6mos and lost about 30lbs while on it. 10lbs isnt a lot, you can definitely drop the lbs just by changing your diet. GL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalanyc View Post
Aaaah, ladies. So I am JUST now focusing on getting in shape and I'm freaking out!!!!

What are you guys doing to drop those extra pounds? Any exercise systems/videos that you would recommend? I am aiming to lose 10 lbs in 3 months so I can have enough time to get my dress altered before we go!
my FI is doing the px90 and I can not believe the results! it really is amazing but a lot of work and you need to have the time to do it.

I did weight watchers plus going for a 45 minute jog everyday and alternate with a 45 minute power walk and weights. I lost the 30 lbs I gained over the last 5 years that we dated lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

weight watchers is definitely good for losing weight...changing your diet is the best way to see results...the jillian michaels 30 day shred is awesome too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×