• Wedding Date:October 13, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

Congrats!!!

#32 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
  • 300 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

does anyone know the process of receiving the Holy Communion hosts to distribute during the wedding mass?!

#33 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
    • 164 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

HI is anyone using Father Aguilar? He was responsive at first but now I have heard nothing. I would like some more information on the ceremony so I can prepare my programs. Anyone have the wording or schedule?

May 29th, 2011
      Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

#34 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
      • 300 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:16 PM

Father Benito also fell off the map with me for a little while there... I wrote to my WC and told her and a few days later I got a response back from him finally.. I saw on the thread that she got on him about needing to respond back to me :) nicely of course, since he's a priest and all lol

Originally Posted by Terpgurl 

HI is anyone using Father Aguilar? He was responsive at first but now I have heard nothing. I would like some more information on the ceremony so I can prepare my programs. Anyone have the wording or schedule?

#35 Terpgurl

Terpgurl
        • 164 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:32 AM

Thanks Amara3CUS! I even talked to my WC and was like is he alive b/c he was responsive at first but then nothing for months. After I posted, I sent one last ditch email to Father Benito and he FINALLY responded. He said he would send me the ceremony information shortly. I just want to make sure my program reflects what's really happening b/c I've been to weddings where ppl don't know when to stand, kneel, sit and it's so awkward.

May 29th, 2011
          Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

#36 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
          • 300 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

good call!

Originally Posted by Terpgurl 

Thanks Amara3CUS! I even talked to my WC and was like is he alive b/c he was responsive at first but then nothing for months. After I posted, I sent one last ditch email to Father Benito and he FINALLY responded. He said he would send me the ceremony information shortly. I just want to make sure my program reflects what's really happening b/c I've been to weddings where ppl don't know when to stand, kneel, sit and it's so awkward.

#37 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
            • 88 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

hello ladies, can I ask a silly question . . .

Does MP offer a Catholic Ceremony that is legal?  My FI and I were hoping to do everything in Cancun (sort of one stop shop).  Did I miss something when I was reading the information on the website?

Thanks

Waiting on Palace Resorts to sign our contract.

#38 JayKay

JayKay
              • 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

Try finding the MP thread and hopefully some of the past, present, or future brides will be able to answer your question!  Happy planning!

Originally Posted by Bojanglesgirl 

hello ladies, can I ask a silly question . . .

Does MP offer a Catholic Ceremony that is legal?  My FI and I were hoping to do everything in Cancun (sort of one stop shop).  Did I miss something when I was reading the information on the website?

Thanks

#39 Bojanglesgirl

Bojanglesgirl
              • 88 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Try finding the MP thread and hopefully some of the past, present, or future brides will be able to answer your question!  Happy planning!

Waiting on Palace Resorts to sign our contract.

#40 krsmith

krsmith
                • 528 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

No it is not legal in Mexico! We are doing a Catholic ceremony at MP, and we were told that we would have to make it legal BEFORE we went down there. They keep church and state totally seperate. Your wedding will be valid in the eyes of the Catholic church, but not legal in the US. Hope that helps! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users