Photo

How Big is Your Bridal Party?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 Wisco4

Wisco4
  • 666 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

So no ushers huh? I guess they aren't really needed?
    ~Amanda

#32 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:58 PM

They aren't needed but if you had some people in mind and wanted to use them as ushers it would be a lovely way to include them.

I actually had 2 other cousins I didn't have a place for act as "attendants". One passed out the bubbles and the other had people sign the guest frame. They got to be on the program fan, lol.

#33 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:02 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by amyh
        I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a huge party!

I have 9 MOH's he has 10 BM, 2 FG's, and 2 babies of honor (my nephew and his neice)

I'm happy there are others here with large wedding parties. I tried so hard to keep it small, but felt like I would regret it if I didn't include those closest to me. My only problem is I have 5 nephews (NO nieces!) and I want them all in it. So, it may look a little odd to have 5 ringbearers...oh well!

#34 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lizz10179
          I'm happy there are others here with large wedding parties. I tried so hard to keep it small, but felt like I would regret it if I didn't include those closest to me. My only problem is I have 5 nephews (NO nieces!) and I want them all in it. So, it may look a little odd to have 5 ringbearers...oh well!
          That's how we felt, go ahead and have your big fat DW party...we did, lol.

#35 jesswins

jesswins
          • 142 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:22 PM

I am going to have 5 on my side and my FI may have up to 8-9. That's not including my brother or his half brothers. My FI is loved by all of his friends and he is too nice. He wants to ask the guys whose weddings hes been in and his other close friends. I don't care what it looks like either, thats not the point. He says if they all come to the wedding he will have them all be groomsmen. He has only officially asked two to be in the wedding. I was surprised that even a few guys just assumed they would be in th wedding and made statements like "i finally get to be a groomsmen" Statements like these are what is increasing the number on his side. I say he makes a decision and sticks to it.
            jess

#36 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:03 AM

we had 0 and I couldn't have been happier!

I still had my lady friends with me getting ready and one of my best friends did my hair and make-up (she owns her own salon and is fantastic).

We did however have 2 friends (one buy and one girl) do readings.
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#37 ncainey

ncainey
              • 159 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:45 PM

I am having six and he is having five. I've read in etiquette books (i know, i should toss etiquette out the window since I am having a DW!) that for a DW you should have no more than three on each side. It's good to see you girls don't care either!!

#38 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                • 679 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:53 PM

We are each having one. When we were planning a traditional wedding we were going to have 5 on each side, but I didn't want to over do it for a DW. I do have 3 nieces and a nephew, and at least 3 of them are coming. I want all of them to be part of the ceremony.
                  Brittney & Peter
                  July 12, 2008
                  Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#39 beckyandbrian

beckyandbrian
                  • 113 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:18 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TammyB
                    Zero... we had no bridal party because we only had 6 guests attend our wedding.
                    Tammy, I am so glad I read this message! I was just stressing to my FI about how no one is going to come to our wedding. I know we are a little over 6 months out, but everyone has made it pretty clear that they aren't going to be able to make it. So far, we have a confirmed 6 (one of which we feel may back out). So, this is my question...what did you do for the reception. I was just thinking of whether we should even have one if there will only be 6. I figure our guests may not want to spend hours with each other for a dinner and how many people will really dance?? Just wondering what you did...(not trying to hijack the post - sorry!!)
                    Our wedding slideshow: www.elizabethmedina.com/beckybrian

#40 Jackie

Jackie
                    • 2,290 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:07 AM

We have 2 on each side, 2 MOH's and 2 Best Men.

My 2 sisters and FI's brother-in-law and father.
                      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users