VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

0 here ... we just didn't want a party, it worked for us

#22 bethtamar

• 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:42 PM

We have ten total. We each have 2 siblings and 3 best friends, however, one of his siblings is a sister (I have two sisters) so she will be a bridesmaid and I will have 6 on my side and he will have 4 on his! I don't expect them to buy us gifts...I have been a maid of honor three times and I know how costly it is!
      Beth and Jason
      May 25, 2008
      Nuevo Vallarta

#23 -Kate-

• VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:10 PM

We are having 2 - but they are both on my side. FI didn't want to have to choose bw his friends so he's chillin' alone.

#24 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

We are having 2 on each side.

#25 michelle08

• VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:25 PM

It's nice to hear that not everyone is having equal numbers...I really wasn't sure if this is weird or not.

We are each just having one for now...but it could change. Especially now that it's not uncommon to have an unequal number...although if I did that I guess the dresses wouldn't match either...but as long as they are all brown...

#26 KRISTEN

• 402 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:33 PM

we are having two on each side.

Glenn and I at our Couple's Shower
              Nov. 3, 2007http://tickers.Ticke....9a03/event.png

#27 foxytv

• VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

We will have 5 BM, 4 GM and 2 ring bearers.

#28 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

I was other, we are having just our children (5 of them) be our wedding party~

#29 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 3,754 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Susan101207
                    We have 7 on each side...and they will all be standing up at the gazebo. At first I was worried that it would look ridiculous, but FI was not willing to cut back...and now I'm glad we didn't. I'm no longer concerned what it will look like :)
                    Originally Posted by mkdela
                    Ours is huge...8 on my side and ELEVEN on his! We decided not to worry about whether my number and his number were the same or whether we had too many and to just ask everyone we wanted to ask. Since they're not all standing up on an altar or anything, I"m not that concerned how it looks. I guess there is going to be some doubling up walking down the aisle.
                    I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a huge party!

I have 9 MOH's he has 10 BM, 2 FG's, and 2 babies of honor (my nephew and his neice)

#30 starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:41 PM

We started out planning with 6 and 6 plus 2 junior bridesmaids, and a flower girl.

We ended up with 4 on his side, 5 on mine, no junior bms, a flower girl, and a ring bearer.

Don't feel like you have too many. It's a blessing that you have so many loving relationships in your life...some people don't have that. For some couples it's hard to cut out these instrumental people. It was for us so that's why almost half as many people were standing up for us as there were sitting down, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users