How Big is Your Bridal Party?

(both sides combined)

we are looking at having 6 or 7 each! it sounds crazy to me because it will be half of our attendee list but we both agree that these people are so important we cannot get married without them standing for us!

i guess i started thinking about it more from the financial perspective - more pressure on them to 'have to go'. more gifts, etc.

i love hearing all your situations!

:)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always planned to have just 1 on each side, but then reality set in. I have 4 sisters that I am very close to and 4 girlfriends that I have been friends with my whole life. I decided that even if it looked crazy, I didn't want to get married without them by my side. So, I have 8 BRIDESMAIDS...ahhhh! (and I didn't ask Mike's 3 sisters, that would have been even more ridiculous!) Mike also has 8, his brothers and mine and close friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyB View Post
Zero... we had no bridal party because we only had 6 guests attend our wedding.
Sorry that i didn't put 0 as an option! i just assumed there is always at least 2 for witness's but that is not always the case blush2.gif

I had to say other, cuz I will have 3 girls and he will have 6 guys, if they all book like they said they would. I have 4 close girlfriends that can't participate in the Jamaica part of it, cuz they all have 1+ kids, but they are helping with everything else and will be a part of the AHR.

We have 8 total. My FH wanted it to be 2 total, but I had to keep talking him up. We finally agreed on 6, but then I had to put in a friend that has been really helping me out lately and a really good friend, so he agreed to make it 8. That is where we stop for sure. Its hard though because I have a lot of close friends.

Ours is huge...8 on my side and ELEVEN on his! We decided not to worry about whether my number and his number were the same or whether we had too many and to just ask everyone we wanted to ask. Since they're not all standing up on an altar or anything, I"m not that concerned how it looks. I guess there is going to be some doubling up walking down the aisle.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics