Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#11 tanyam

tanyam
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

Hey Funinthesun2010.... I'm from Brampton too. I am actually just in the process of moving back to brampton from Guelph :) ... I'm planning a wedding for July 2011 (3 months after you) at the Gran Bahia - no decisions have been made yet, but this resort is on the top of my list for sure. What made you decide on this resort?
    Hope your wedding planning foes well - congratulations and good luck with everything!

#12 funinthesun2010

funinthesun2010
    • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

Hello,
      This resort was recommended to us by our travel agent. It was one of our top 3 choices and what made it the final decision was the pricing. Our goal was to have our guests pay $1500 or under, and we got it for just a little bit over. Some of our other favourite hotels were closer to $1800.

I also checked out this site and trip advisor for reviews and pictures and liked what I saw!!!

Good luck with your move back to brampton!!! If you end up choosing GBP we should keep in touch for the planning process!

jessica

#13 tanyam

tanyam
      • 17 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

Hey Jessica,
        It is in one of my top 3 choices as well, and for the same reasons as you it is currently number 1 on the list. what it will come down to is pricing. Since I am getting married in July I am hoping it will be under 1200 per person! I read on here somewhere that some brides decided not to do packages with travel agents and let people book on their own because it was cheaper than a group rate...strange :s ... Hopefully I find a good group rate :)

I am actually doing a site visit of the resort I choose at the end of this august...I plan on staying at Tulum but I will take some pics of Akumal for you if I do decide to go with this resort :) It is too gorgeous that it most likely will be...I will let u know for sure and u can tell me what u want pictures and reviews of :)

keep in touch - my email is tanya_vince_wedding@hotmail.com .

Tanya

#14 JanineA

JanineA
        • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

Welcome to the forum. Happy planning!

#15 Nicyx

Nicyx
          • 2,914 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:51 AM

Hello, congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#16 AishaB

AishaB
            • 2,350 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning!
              BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#17 jennster_04

jennster_04
              • 176 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:58 PM

Just under 7 weeks untill we get married at gran bahia principe akumal! I have my dress! bridesmaid dresses and groom outfits all ready to go! im just workin out our oot bags!!!

We are getting married on the beach at 4pm then dinner at 6 at the dolce vita (italian) and then drinks and dance at the poolside reception the off to the Hacienda at midnight to dance the night away!!!!

There are 25 of us going!

Any questions with planning , dont hesitate to ask!
                Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#18 heartbeat

heartbeat
                • 228 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:07 AM

Congrats and welcome!

#19 artistique

artistique
                  • Banned
                  • 190 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:26 AM

to the forum!! Have fun with all your wedding plans..

Michelle

#20 funinthesun2010

funinthesun2010
                    • 10 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

Your day sounds like mine lol. I'm getting married april 2011 at Akumal with the ceremony at 4pm, then dinner at the Italian restaurant. We are still debating on the poolside reception but I think it would be worth it!

Let me know how the day goes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users