Playa Weddings Photo/Video

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 beachykeen

• 109 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

We have started to book a Cancun based company called Playa Weddings for our photo/video. I love the video style that they use. Has anyone else used them or plan on using them?
    Here's the link to their website:

Playa Weddings - Video and Photography in Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya

#2 bride2b10

• 320 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

We are using them as well for our wedding in June. I heard good things and I really like their style as well!

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#3 TheMeBride2010

• 22 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:54 AM

I heard great things about them and can't rave enough about their professionalism thus far. They will be doing my wedding in november and I always love their work....Rachel is great at getting back to you via email and for referrals she helped already calm me down once ha ha ha and at that time I hadn't even booked her yet. So i am a big fan already

#4 LDeeken

• 200 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:13 AM

We actually met Rachel and Paul last summer when we did a site visit. They were AWESOME!! They will be shooting our wedding in June and we are super excited. They appear to do great work! Not too mention I think their prices are much more reasonable then some of the others in the area.

Hope that helps!

#5 Pinky

• 134 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

Thanks I'll have to bookmark this, they sound awesome!

#6 J&E2011

• 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

I also met Rachel and Paul on my last trip to the Riviera Maya. My wedding coordinator recommended them to me. They are very nice and we are VERY interested in hiring them for our wedding. However, I'm a bit concerned that after emailing Rachel last week with our wedding date, she has not responded. I'm glad that I came across this threat and I'm happy to hear great things about 'Playa Weddings' from other brides. But maybe I'm just being a little paranoid... How long does it normally take to hear back from her? Is she prompt to respond to your emails?

It's been over a week... I sent her 2 emails about the pricing and date. I'm a bit nervous that maybe I'm better off looking for other photographers in the area...help!

#7 Guest_iluckie_*

• Guests

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:57 AM

Playa weddings is a serious company, very professional as far as I've heard and read, a good choise.

Good Luck!

#8 shoelover14

• 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

i used playaweddings for our wedding in playa del carmen this past january. paul & rachel are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the pics and video we got from them were way beyond our expectations. they are super fun to work with and true professionals. BOOK THEM!

#9 beachykeen

• 109 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

We ended up booking them and I couldn't be happier! They got back to me right away with their prices and once we booked they sent the paypal request for the deposit and gave me a tentative picture schedule. It was great to see how they would use the time we booked them for. And they will also add an extra hour of photo or video if you need it. We did the 5 hour photo/video package but might add an extra hour of photo to make sure they get enough shots at the reception. Great experience so far, and I can't wait to meet them in October!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users