• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love one shoulder dresses!  You definitely need to be careful with jewelry with them though.

My to-do list hasn't changed since last week - just spent 4 days taking my mom on vacation for her 80th birthday.  Now I feel so far behind!  Thank goodness its a 3 day weekend coming up.

Some of my guest have been to both before are are STOKED to go back.  I wanted to go on a private tour to Tulum and cenotes, but they insist XCARET is awesome and we may go!!!!  Not sure about Xplor but she said X-hela is boring.

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Hey girls!! Does anyone here have any or heard any feedback about Xcaret or Xplor?  FI and I are trrying to decide which one we want to go to since we won't have time for both!

Thanks Jen...I have done quite a bit of research on both of them today (mostly from trip advisor), and what I can come up with is that Xcaret has a lot of various things to do, but seems more laid back and nature'ish.  My FI is really into that stuff -- birds, fish, etc.  Xplor seems more active.  I love the camera aspect of Xplor -- every helmet has a number/sensor that takes pictures of you all over the resort, and you can buy the who disc of your whole trip/day there for less than $40 a person.  A lot of the pictures look like it is a lot of fun.  I asked him to look at both websites and he really doesn't care where we go (he wants no part of planning lol).  I was first leaning towards Xcaret because I thought he would really want to do the snuba or shark swimming, but now I think I'm leaning towards Xplor?

There is also a palace resort called "Xpu-Ha Palace" that is a eco-resort...and they have snorkeling, flamingos, turtles, aligators, etc....so I was thinking if we wanted that eco-park feeling maybe we could just go there for a day and everything would be free!

Hey girls!

Just when I thought life couldn't get any more hectic, it did!  Guess who had to go into emergency appendectomy surgery Tues am?  Yep, this girl!  Just what I need a week and a half before I leave for my wedding.  I got released from the hospital last night.  The doctor seems to think I will be fine by the time we leave but I am seriously stressing.  Oh and to top it off we are moving out of our house this Saturday into a new place that we just bought.  Shoot me now!!! 

Originally Posted by adales View Post

Hey girls!

Just when I thought life couldn't get any more hectic, it did!  Guess who had to go into emergency appendectomy surgery Tues am?  Yep, this girl!  Just what I need a week and a half before I leave for my wedding.  I got released from the hospital last night.  The doctor seems to think I will be fine by the time we leave but I am seriously stressing.  Oh and to top it off we are moving out of our house this Saturday into a new place that we just bought.  Shoot me now!!! 

AWW, Alisa! I can't believe that. I think if any of us were in your shoes we'd be stressing hardcore too. On a bright note, at least it happened at home rather than abroad! Could you imagine? Wow, I can't believe that you have to move right now too. I despise moving... Do you at least have a long weekend with all 3 days off from work? Do you have a good support system with lots of family and friends to help you out? If you have any favors to cash in, now seems like the time. I'd just reach out and see who is able to help. You can't do it all... Especially while you're still recovering from surgery. Poor thing! The good thing is as that as soon as you get all of this yucky stuff over with, you'll have a nice new home to enjoy and then you get to go to paradise and get some much needed R&R.

smile03.gif

Oh, no!  I agree with Amanda and looking on the bright side...better here than there...but still, you poor thing!  So jealous you are moving into a new house!!!  So much fun to start your new lives together in a new house to call your own!

Originally Posted by adales View Post

Hey girls!