Jump to content

Photo

June 2011 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#441 skp1

skp1
  • Jr. Member
  • 405 posts

    Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:05 AM

    Wow!  What a whirlwind.  A few months ago we remodeled our bathroom and that was crazy.  It was the same time I was trying to get invites out (DIY passport ones so not an easy task).  But, think how relaxed and happy you will be afterwards...even more reason to look forward to the wedding :)


    Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married


    #442 aeluzu

    aeluzu
    • Jr. Member
    • 212 posts

      Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

      I had my second fitting today... I just love this dress. I had the attendant take a photo for me that's a bit better than the last one I posted....

      photo(2).JPG

      photo(3).JPG

       

      OOPS i don't know why they flipped to the side like that? Anyway, all that's left dress wise is pressing and final pick up.

      I do have one dilemma... SHOES! Originally I was going to have the ceremony at the gazebo rather than on the beach, but one of the photographers who goes to EPM often made a point that it is difficult to get good photos in the gazebo, even though it is beautiful. He did kind of a side by side comparison of beach photos vs. gazebo photos and it really changed my mind. So now we're getting married on the beach and I can't wear my heels in the sand. And I can't go barefoot because I'll trip on my dress.... The dress attendant suggested wedge sandals.... but I'm not finding anything cute! EEK. Of course, I've had all of these details set for months and now I change my mind on one thing and have to change a bunch of other things to suit that decision.


      Amanda & Marc
      June 11th, 2011
      EPM! Are you ready for us?

      #443 jszy10

      jszy10
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,192 posts

        Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

        Amanda, you look great!!!  Have you thought about the barefoot sandals?  I think you'd be better off barefoot or with barefoot sandals than in shoes?  I feel like being on the beach you'd end up with sand in your shoes and then be uncomfortable?  I don't really know though?  I've seen some super cute ones on etsy (by searching barefoot sandals)...



        #444 erinbrooke124

        erinbrooke124
        • Jr. Member
        • 282 posts

          Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

          LOVE YOUR DRESS!!

           

          Will the beach have a runner on it?  Maybe that would make shoes more do-able?  Heels would definitely be hard and you don't want to ruin your dress in the first 20 min :)  what about something with a little wedge?  Just enough to get you off the ground?
           

          Originally Posted by aeluzu 

          I had my second fitting today... I just love this dress. I had the attendant take a photo for me that's a bit better than the last one I posted....

          photo(2).JPG

          photo(3).JPG

           

          OOPS i don't know why they flipped to the side like that? Anyway, all that's left dress wise is pressing and final pick up.

          I do have one dilemma... SHOES! Originally I was going to have the ceremony at the gazebo rather than on the beach, but one of the photographers who goes to EPM often made a point that it is difficult to get good photos in the gazebo, even though it is beautiful. He did kind of a side by side comparison of beach photos vs. gazebo photos and it really changed my mind. So now we're getting married on the beach and I can't wear my heels in the sand. And I can't go barefoot because I'll trip on my dress.... The dress attendant suggested wedge sandals.... but I'm not finding anything cute! EEK. Of course, I've had all of these details set for months and now I change my mind on one thing and have to change a bunch of other things to suit that decision.



           


          June 14, 2011 <3
          Photographer:Sascha Gluck
          Hair/Makeup: Fernando Fuentes
          Dress: Blue by Enzoani - Casablanca :: Bridesmaids: Alfred Angelo Pure 7108/7109
          Booked:Bride+Groom+35 Guests


          #445 royalbride610

          royalbride610
          • Jr. Member
          • 172 posts

            Posted 28 May 2011 - 04:06 AM

            I'm finally beginning to get really excited!! We're leaving in 9 days! Wedding in 13!!!



            #446 aeluzu

            aeluzu
            • Jr. Member
            • 212 posts

              Posted 29 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

              Thanks for the advice ladies! After much, much, much searching I found a cheapie pair of wedges from Target. Something that I think I would wear again. I'm just going to use them for the ceremony and then switch over to my sexy shoes. Crisis averted! LOL. It's funny how as the wedding gets closer, even a small set back feels HUGE!

               

              Tasha! Girl! So soon. My wedding is the day after yours and I head out of town on the 7th. It's just so soon and exciting! I can't wait to get back and hear how everyone's big day went. It's all just going to fly by before we know it ladies!


              Amanda & Marc
              June 11th, 2011
              EPM! Are you ready for us?

              #447 skp1

              skp1
              • Jr. Member
              • 405 posts

                Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:41 AM

                I LOVE Target!!!!  They have everything.

                 

                so is anyone else on an emotional roller coaster now that we're so close?  I go from being super excited to being super annoyed.  I've friended all my vendors on Facebook and when I see pics and stuff from other weddings I just can't wait!  But then other times I'm just overwhelmed and wondering why I even did this in the first place (the wedding part, not marriage).


                Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married


                #448 aeluzu

                aeluzu
                • Jr. Member
                • 212 posts

                  Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:55 PM



                  Originally Posted by skp1 

                  I LOVE Target!!!!  They have everything.

                   

                  so is anyone else on an emotional roller coaster now that we're so close?  I go from being super excited to being super annoyed.  I've friended all my vendors on Facebook and when I see pics and stuff from other weddings I just can't wait!  But then other times I'm just overwhelmed and wondering why I even did this in the first place (the wedding part, not marriage).


                  Steph, I think every bride feels that way at one point or another during the planning process. You're definitely not alone! For me, I hit that patch several months ago. Now, I'm feeling pretty chill, a bit anxious, definitely excited! Not regretful though. I think you just need to take a few deep breaths, maybe make a to do list just to manage some of the anxiety that you're feeling and remember that above all else, the only thing that matters is that you and FI will be there... committing yourselves to each other. That's what it's all about in the long run, not about all of the details that are so easy to fuss and fret over. No matter what happens with all of the vendors and favors and guests, this will be the most memorable and one of the best days of your life! Soon enough, the "I do"s will be said, rings will be on your fingers and all you will have are memories of this wonderful time in your life.

                   


                  Amanda & Marc
                  June 11th, 2011
                  EPM! Are you ready for us?

                  #449 jessicap

                  jessicap
                  • Newbie
                  • 21 posts

                    Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:47 AM


                    I'm right there with you, aeluzu. We leave a week from today, and I keep alternating from chill to anxious to excited--sometimes all within a matter of minutes. There are definitely days now where I feel overwhelmed, but I'm realizing more and more that it's all going to be just fine, and the details will all work themselves out. There are definitely things I wish I had more time to do, and things we've given up on that I wish we had time for, but it's going to be great no matter what. 

                     

                    ...or at least that's the pep talk I keep giving myself. :-)

                     

                    skp1, hang in there. Good luck!

                     

                    Originally Posted by aeluzu 




                    Steph, I think every bride feels that way at one point or another during the planning process. You're definitely not alone! For me, I hit that patch several months ago. Now, I'm feeling pretty chill, a bit anxious, definitely excited! Not regretful though. I think you just need to take a few deep breaths, maybe make a to do list just to manage some of the anxiety that you're feeling and remember that above all else, the only thing that matters is that you and FI will be there... committing yourselves to each other. That's what it's all about in the long run, not about all of the details that are so easy to fuss and fret over. No matter what happens with all of the vendors and favors and guests, this will be the most memorable and one of the best days of your life! Soon enough, the "I do"s will be said, rings will be on your fingers and all you will have are memories of this wonderful time in your life.

                     



                     



                    #450 jszy10

                    jszy10
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,192 posts

                      Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

                      I'm just ready to go!!!  lol  I think I'm the last June bride to get married, and with being a Teacher and waiting impatiently for the school year to end, I feel like these last few weeks are going to last forever!!  All I really I have left to do is put my programs together and finish my welcome books.  I ended up changing a few things like my shoes and jewerly, and now I'm ready to have my last dress fitting!  I'm getting so excited to just get to Mexico already!!!  :o)






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users