Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeluzu View Post
Hi Ladies!

I'm excited to say that I'm joining your group. June 11, 2011 at Excellence Playa Mujeres. SouthernSweetie, we share a date. YAY! :) I'm not very far in the planning process at this point. We just had our date confirmed last week. I started working on our website. I'm planning on doing electronic save the dates and constantly updating and adding to our website to keep our guests stoked. We're going to have a pretty small group. It's looking like 15-25 people at this point. I'm so happy that all of our best friends and family are totally on board with our plans. I purchased some plain jane invites on clearance from Micheal's a few months ago, but now that we've got our place picked... I'm just not sure if they'll do. I ran across a thread with DIY message in a bottle invites... OMG!!! I loved them. We've got such a small group that I think they would be totally DIYable. Nice to meet you all!
Welcome Date Twin!
welcome1.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post
Yay, I know... MONTHS!!!! Sorry I didn't get back to you so soon. I got back and posted my review, then had to go to work extra for the week before. Then my Papa died, and then I had to give my notice to work. So kind of a crazy two weeks since I've been back. Southernweetie, I responded to you on one of the threads (I just can't remember which one, so I might go find it and PM you). Also, It was hard to gage the sunset, because it was always cloudy except one day we were at dinner, and I got some great pics (we were at the Thai lounge). I took pics between 7:20 and 7:40 , and an internet site said about 7:30 for sunset. I put my reception at 7, if that helps.

OH MY GOSH!!!! I Have a date twin finally MP1122!!!!!
Welcome back, Chris! I know first hand how insane things can be. We just started phase 1 of layoffs for the hospital - in total it's supposed to be over 200 people. Can you say chaos and mayhem? I was so sorry to hear about your grandfather. I replied to your post/thread. Thank you for remembering to oblige me about the times for sunset. You rock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post
I'm going two a couple of forums to try and thank whoever nominated me for B2B MoTM. I had no idea and I am very touched! Thank you so much whoever did! I indulged and voted for myselfembarrest.gif
PPPD, Congrats and goodluck! Maybe it has something to do with this quote below. That was so sweet of you, I think I should hop over and vote for you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post
I bet you ladies are gorgeous just the way you are. You should go and try on some dresses; I swear, no matter what we all look like, the perfect one is out there and will transform us all into goddesses! Besides, somebody already thinks we are beautiful the way we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening everyone...I am getting married June 8th 2011 at the Grand Riviera Princess. I am with a couple of you guys on the weight loss. I refuse to try on dresses until some of this weight is gone. Congrats everyone!! I PM'd a few of you in regards tp sharing a photographer. If anyone else is interested, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust View Post
Yay, I know... MONTHS!!!! Sorry I didn't get back to you so soon. I got back and posted my review, then had to go to work extra for the week before. Then my Papa died, and then I had to give my notice to work. So kind of a crazy two weeks since I've been back. Southernweetie, I responded to you on one of the threads (I just can't remember which one, so I might go find it and PM you). Also, It was hard to gage the sunset, because it was always cloudy except one day we were at dinner, and I got some great pics (we were at the Thai lounge). I took pics between 7:20 and 7:40 , and an internet site said about 7:30 for sunset. I put my reception at 7, if that helps.

OH MY GOSH!!!! I Have a date twin finally MP1122!!!!!
OMG!!! We are date twins!!! The Dreams is a great place to get married at! My FI and stayed at the Dreams last year and they put us in a room where we could see the wedding ceremonies off our balcony. It is an AMAZING location! I would of had mine there if they would offer a catholic cermony. I have pics on my facebook page send me a friend request if you wish to see them. Melissa_Perez13@hotmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oopsie!! I just read the forum rules and noticed that Pm-ing in regards to sharing photog's is a no-no!! So sorry ladies if I offended anyone!! I did not know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal1880 View Post
So does anybody have their dress yet?
I got my dress! I'm not sure about it yet though. I wanted to just go very simple and casual and still feel beautiful, which I feel that my dress qualifies for those standards. But, every time I watch an episode of Say Yes to the Dress, I feel like I have missed out on one of the major parts of being a bride. I got my dress at Nordstrom (it was quite inexpensive) rather than at a bridal salon. What do you think ladies? Am I missing a quintessential part of being a bride, or am I just missing a huge price tag?

JS Boutique Beaded Crisscross Matte Jersey Gown - View All - Nordstrom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeluzu View Post
I got my dress! I'm not sure about it yet though. I wanted to just go very simple and casual and still feel beautiful, which I feel that my dress qualifies for those standards. But, every time I watch an episode of Say Yes to the Dress, I feel like I have missed out on one of the major parts of being a bride. I got my dress at Nordstrom (it was quite inexpensive) rather than at a bridal salon. What do you think ladies? Am I missing a quintessential part of being a bride, or am I just missing a huge price tag?

JS Boutique Beaded Crisscross Matte Jersey Gown - View All - Nordstrom

I'm not sure. Part of me wants to say that you are not worrying. But if you already feel like you are missing out, then you probably are. This is your one day! Be practical, but be happy with your decision. If you decide on trying for the bridal salon, you could always use your Nordstrom as your TTD, or try selling it here! If you decide that your dress is perfect, then awesome score on the small price tag!! Good luck!

MP1122
Totally wanted Catholic too, but also wanted outside.. We are having our Catholic at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×