I'm getting married at 5pm.  I definitely think if you want light to take pictures after the ceremony that you try for 5 or 6 at the latest?  That is all in your preference though!

Our ceremony is 2pm... we want the moment I walk down the isle to be the first time we see each other that day...it means a lot to me. Therefore I want the pictures done after the ceremony. We would have done 3pm but it was taken, and anything after that might be bad for the lighting. Our reception is at 6:30. We don't want a cocktail hour b ecause....well, it's all inclusive lol. I don't want to be in a hurry and stressed out so I want to take time with pictures.

Thanks everyone for all the input!!!

The more I think about it I also really want the first time him seeing me is when I walk down the aisle!  A couple of weeks ago the 5pm slot was open!  I think I am going to try to change it! 

Originally Posted by june11bride View Post

Our ceremony is 2pm... we want the moment I walk down the isle to be the first time we see each other that day...it means a lot to me. Therefore I want the pictures done after the ceremony. We would have done 3pm but it was taken, and anything after that might be bad for the lighting. Our reception is at 6:30. We don't want a cocktail hour b ecause....well, it's all inclusive lol. I don't want to be in a hurry and stressed out so I want to take time with pictures.

We won't be seeing each other until the wedding either!  He is going to stay in our room and I am going to stay with one of the bridesmaids.  He and the guys are all going on a deep sea fishing trip the morning of (yes I know..out on a boat..at sea..before the wedding..maybe not such a good idea LOL!!) and me and all of the girls will be spending the morning at the spa.  Luckily I've been told that my resort offers a suite for me and the girls to get ready in, so I plan on being back there before the guys are back from their trip.  I think its definitely a nice tradition to keep :o

While he is gone i'm going to go into the room and drop of the BD book for his gift so he gets it when he comes back!  I think that will be a nice way for him to "see me" before the ceremony ;o)

and coones..I think you will be very happy with a 5pm wedding if you can get it.  You will be able to get some pictures while the sun is starting to set, and your dinner will be at a perfect time.

That sounds like a fun adventure for the boys!  But I like the sound of the girls day better! 

Yes, 5 will be much better!

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

We won't be seeing each other until the wedding either!  He is going to stay in our room and I am going to stay with one of the bridesmaids.  He and the guys are all going on a deep sea fishing trip the morning of (yes I know..out on a boat..at sea..before the wedding..maybe not such a good idea LOL!!) and me and all of the girls will be spending the morning at the spa.  Luckily I've been told that my resort offers a suite for me and the girls to get ready in, so I plan on being back there before the guys are back from their trip.  I think its definitely a nice tradition to keep :o

While he is gone i'm going to go into the room and drop of the BD book for his gift so he gets it when he comes back!  I think that will be a nice way for him to "see me" before the ceremony ;o)

Can I ask probably a silly question because I should probably know the answer, but........What is a BD book?

I finally figured out what the BD book is!  That will absolutely be a nice way for him to "see you"!  That is a cute idea!

Originally Posted by coones View Post

Can I ask probably a silly question because I should probably know the answer, but........What is a BD book?

Quote: