• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lisa,

We told guests April 1st.  Our room block is open until April 30th.  We wanted to have plenty of time to contact people that didn't RSVP (some people are not good at this) and possibly invite other friends that understood family got priority.  I think 2-4 weeks before your room block closes is the safest way to do it.  : )

Originally Posted by LisaandJeff View Post

Hi Ladies!

What date are you telling your guests to RSVP by?  Is April 20th too late for a June 18th wedding?  The invites will go out in two weeks, but STDs have been out for months.  Most people have already booked.  How much time are we going to need to finalize numbers of centerpieces, OOT bags, menus, etc.?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by LisaandJeff View Post

jszy10- Thank you for posting your day-of schedule! It just made everything seem a little closer and a lot more real!

We are getting married on June 18th at Cabo Azul in San Jose del Cabo.
Here's what we have so far:
Photography: Alec and T
STD: sent (Zazzle boarding passes)
Invitations: ordered (Oblations)
DJ: Joaquin
Cocktail music: Daryl Currie (does Jack Johnson and Spanish guitar). :)
Rehearsal dinner: Tequilas restaurant
Dress: first fitting in March
Hair/makeup: Suzanne Morel
Jewelry: Haute Bride
Registry: almost done
Website: a work in progress (anyone else having trouble with theknot.com sites??)

Currently ordering OOT coolers, koozies, and accessories!

Five more months!!! Good luck with your planning, ladies!!

Originally Posted by kford0515 View Post

Hi ladies!  I'm getting married at The Royal Cancun on June 18, 2011.  Glad to find this thread, it will help me stay motivated to get stuff done! 

Hello date twins!  I am getting so excited.  Nice to see alot of you doing so much.  I got into a bit of a lull and I'm trying to force myself to make the invites.  But, I booked the AHR at least (July 9th at our picnic groove).  Anyone going to be at Dreams Cancun between June 15th- June 29th?

Ok I just wanted to say...I've been realizing how many people are starting to come on here that are 2012 brides and it's freaking me out!! I realize that I have less than 4 months left! It freaks me out in a good way. I have a lot to do!! Seeing all these late 2012 brides make me really notice how little time I have! Anyone else feel this way??? I remember when there were still a lot of 2010 brides around planning their wedding!

I totally get it my date twin!  I am now having to do "the little stuff" that I had been putting off.  Ahhh!  Plus my bf just got engaged and she is one of those "infamous" 2012 brides, it is pretty crazy!

Originally Posted by june11bride View Post

Ok I just wanted to say...I've been realizing how many people are starting to come on here that are 2012 brides and it's freaking me out!! I realize that I have less than 4 months left! It freaks me out in a good way. I have a lot to do!! Seeing all these late 2012 brides make me really notice how little time I have! Anyone else feel this way??? I remember when there were still a lot of 2010 brides around planning their wedding!

I agree!!! It's so exciting though!!  I love being the one who is getting married soon, instead of being the one that was jealous of all of the girls on here getting married in 2010!!  :o)  Anyone do anything new since our last chat!? 

I ordered my hair flower from etsy and the seller made me matching ones for my bridesmaids, so that's done.  My girls bridesmaids dresses just came in Tuesday, so I'm exciting to go pick them up next week!  I may have decided on their shoes too.  FI's suit came in last last week and just needs a few minor ajustments.  I also purchased all of the starfish I'm going to need for various AHR things and the guy's boutonnieres.  My girls and I started working on the AHR invites last weekend, so those are slowly getting done as well (although I feel like addressing them in going to take longer than making them!!!)  I'm starting my P90X workout schedule on Monday, I'm a bit nervous about it!!  The 13-week program will take me up to less than a month before the wedding!

I have ordered all of the starfish I need for the guys couts, the aisle way decor and various other decorations.  I ordered and decided on the centerpieces.  Ordered the paper lanterns for the cocktail social from www. asianideas.com (they are having a great sale!).  Completed templates for OOT bag tags, key card holders, hangover kits, wedding day timeline.  Still working on the program, bride and groom chair signs, thank you signs and starfish for the head table.  Ordered beach bags for BM's and decided on their shoes which I will be purchasing also.   Mailed "Thanks for Booking" letters and luggage tags to those that have booked. 

But, there is still so much left to do!

Sounds like everyone is making great progress!  I was JUST telling my fiance the other day that it's crazy to see 2012 brides on here!  Makes me know that our date is actually really close! 

We still need to get suits for the groomsmen, but I think that's the last BIG thing we need to do.

I'm anxious to start on OOT bags, but really should wait until after our RSVP date (April 1) so I don't waste money on getting too much!  Our costs are really starting to add up...I've been keeping a tally and it's kind of scary!  What starts as just $5000 total quickly gets bigger... Anyone else experiences this?