Hey Alisa!  Did you check out Shalanda's (sgray) Aventura pics?  She just got married in December and used the resort photog and her pictures were beautiful.  I am still going with Octavio Montes because he offers me more for the price, but just an FYI in case you wanted to see current examples.

Originally Posted by adales View Post

Hi girls!  I am also a June 2011 bride.  I am getting married at Aventura Cove Palace on June 11th.  We will be there from June 6th to June 13th.  So far we have booked the hotel, date confirmed, ordered my dress, ordered bridesmaid dresses, invitations sent out and a few odds and ends still alot to do though.  I am still looking into possibly booking an outside photographer.  My package comes with one but I worry that the pictures won't be up to my standard.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I did look at her pictures and they were great.  I may want to look around for a TTD photographer though.  The resort photographer wants to charge $500 for the session which includes 40 photos and a photo book.  Does your TTD session price include pistures or the negatives?

I know!!  That is why I am staying with my photog...the price overall for what he is giving me is much better.  My 4 hour session is $799 which includes 110 prints and a CD of all pictures taken and his TTD is only $250 extra -- which includes 35 more prints and all pictures taken during that session as well.

Originally Posted by adales View Post

Yes I did look at her pictures and they were great.  I may want to look around for a TTD photographer though.  The resort photographer wants to charge $500 for the session which includes 40 photos and a photo book.  Does your TTD session price include pistures or the negatives?

Thanks all for your help!!!  If I could find anyone getting married around the 3 - 6th, maybe we could share??

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Congrats!!  I booked Octavio Montes (www.octaviomontes.com).  His rates are 650 for 3 hours, 799 for 4 hours and 950 for 5 hours (and $200 for a TTD session).  He is the most affordable person I've found.  Others are anywhere between $1000 - 2000.  La Luna has beautiful photography, as well as DelSol, but they were out of my price range.  It depends on what your budget is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnigurl View Post

Hello girls!  June 4th at Azul Sensatori!!  Have any of you booked a photographer yet?  Was wondering some ballpark prices!

Yay!!  I am working on my registries now (trying to get my FI to help...not working so well lol).  My bridesmaids dresses and my TTD should be in in just a few weeks and as soon as they are I'm headed for my first dress fitting!! (my gown is already in)  Right now I'm just working on buying little things here and there, like I just purchased our toasting set which I looove :o), and I think I found a garter that matches my bridesmaids dresses which I think will be cute.  I'm headed to my parents house in the beginning of February to start working on my AHR invites with my girls, so I'm excited for that!  (I am originally from 3 hours away from where I live now, so my maid of honor and family are back there!)

Originally Posted by erinbrooke124 View Post

My invitations are oficially in the mail, registries are completed, and bridesmaids dresses will be ordered this week!  Whew!  :)  How is everyone else doing?

Wow!  You are on a roll too!  I guess we have to be since we're 5 MONTHS out!  I also have my wedding ring, but I have to have it sized and then appraised with my engagement ring for insurance...that isn't as fun!  :)

Originally Posted by jszy10 View Post

Yay!!  I am working on my registries now (trying to get my FI to help...not working so well lol).  My bridesmaids dresses and my TTD should be in in just a few weeks and as soon as they are I'm headed for my first dress fitting!! (my gown is already in)  Right now I'm just working on buying little things here and there, like I just purchased our toasting set which I looove :o), and I think I found a garter that matches my bridesmaids dresses which I think will be cute.  I'm headed to my parents house in the beginning of February to start working on my AHR invites with my girls, so I'm excited for that!  (I am originally from 3 hours away from where I live now, so my maid of honor and family are back there!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinbrooke124 View Post

My invitations are oficially in the mail, registries are completed, and bridesmaids dresses will be ordered this week!  Whew!  :)  How is everyone else doing?

Hey girls!  So I turned a negative into a positive with my resort -- they are about to post 2011 prices for their spa/salon that are upwards of DOUBLE the 2010 prices.  They told me if I made my appointments NOW that they would honor 2010 prices, so I did!  It actually forced me to plan out my entire wedding day ALREADY, so I am actually even more excited now that I won't have to worry about that later!  Our resort is offering up to $1500 in resort credit that can be used towards tour, upgrades and spa services, so I think this is what pushed their prices to skyrocket -- for example, for my girls to get their hair done was going from $42 to $89!!!!  So here is my schedule!  Hope it helps some of you when you eventually are ready to set yours!

8:00am -- breakfast with my girls (most likely room service because the boys don't leave for their deep sea fishing trip til 8:40ish)

9:00am -- MASSAGE!!  I thought it would be really nice to start my day out with a relaxing massage.  While I'm in for my massage, the girls are going to take advantage of all of the free services at the spa like the foot whirlpools, hydrotherapy room and things

10:00am -- Mani/Pedi (for me, my girls and the moms)

11:30am -- bridesmaids and moms get their hair done

1:00pm -- head back to the room and most likely order room service for lunch (I'm going to let people serve me all day and milk this! lol) -- plus the guys come back from fishing around 1:30 so I want to make sure I'm back in the room!!

3:00pm -- my bridesmaid/sister-in-law will be begin working on my hair and makeup (she works a spa and is a hair dresser)

4:00pm -- photographer shows up for the finishing of my hair and makeup and getting my dress on!!

5:00pm -- Wedding Time!!

jszy10- Thank you for posting your day-of schedule! It just made everything seem a little closer and a lot more real! We are getting married on June 18th at Cabo Azul in San Jose del Cabo. Here's what we have so far: Photography: Alec and T STD: sent (Zazzle boarding passes) Invitations: ordered (Oblations) DJ: Joaquin Cocktail music: Daryl Currie (does Jack Johnson and Spanish guitar). :) Rehearsal dinner: Tequilas restaurant Dress: first fitting in March Hair/makeup: Suzanne Morel Jewelry: Haute Bride Registry: almost done Website: a work in progress (anyone else having trouble with theknot.com sites??) Currently ordering OOT coolers, koozies, and accessories! Five more months!!! Good luck with your planning, ladies!!