Photo

Cancun Costco - Stuff for OOT

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 affiwin

affiwin
  • 177 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:01 PM

I've seen Costco in Cancun mentioned in various threads but couldn't find a thread dedicated to it. Does anyone know what the Costco in Cancun stocks? I have a lot of OOT bags to make and would really rather purchase the heavy stuff (e.g. snacks) when we get down there versus hauling it all the way. Any feedback would be great.

#2 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
    • 283 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

FYI the Walmart in Cancun is Great, I was there last May... lots of Cancun/Mexico stuff there.

#3 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
      • 301 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:44 PM

If you are only worried about stocking up on snacks...then the costco or walmart is the way to do it! Im doing the same for my water bottles for the OOT bags....just bringing the preprinted labels down with me. We get there a few days before our guests so ill make the finishing touches in the evenings!

#4 alison15

alison15
        • 356 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by laurenvuitton
          FYI the Walmart in Cancun is Great, I was there last May... lots of Cancun/Mexico stuff there.
          How close is the Walmart compared to where the resorts are? Very far? I thought it would be cheaper to pick up stuff there but I also don't want to waste my time in Mexico searching for a Walmart.

#5 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
          • 301 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

the wal mart and costco are both downtown....and when i say downtown i dont mean the part of the hotel zone where the clubs are.
            you will have to take a taxi and its about 15-20 mins from the "club zone" to get to either one - BUT i notice you are at the moon palace which if i remember correctly is way at the other end (could be wrong?) so it would be a bit longer.....
            it will be cheaper, but not by much....the only reason i can see for doing it is convenience, i myself wont lug a case of water in my suitcase! hahah

#6 laurenvuitton

laurenvuitton
            • 283 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

We took the bus there and back which was very convienent... and the bus drivers were always very nice along with the locals and told you where to get off at. I would say a 10 minute bus ride from the hotel zone

#7 KGirl99

KGirl99
              • 189 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by alison15
                How close is the Walmart compared to where the resorts are? Very far? I thought it would be cheaper to pick up stuff there but I also don't want to waste my time in Mexico searching for a Walmart.
                Moon Palace is really close to the airport and it's kind of at the far end of the hotel zone. The Walmart is located away from the hotel zone and into the city. You will probably need a cab (about 15-20 minutes) or a bus (about 30 minutes) to get there.

#8 affiwin

affiwin
                • 177 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:23 AM

Thanks ladies! This is really helpful. Granted I can get this stuff in the US before leaving by already have more than enough lug down to Mexico. We are having 120 guests join us so we need quite a bit of stuff to fill our OOT bags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users