Newbie looking for Dominican Wedding Traditions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dania

• Site Supporter
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hi I’m new to this forum and I’m very happy to hear from all these wonderful brides! My fianc© and I are planning on getting married in Punta Cana, DR next spring around the middle of March at the Paradisus Palma Real. My FI is white and I am Dominican raised in New York. He told me he would love to incorporate Dominican wedding traditions into our wedding. The problem is that I don’t know any beside, our music, food, and the Aras ritual. Does anybody have any more suggestions? Help!

#2 Amelie-Mellow

• 52 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:47 PM

Why not ask your parents or relatives in the Dominican?

#3 khomac

• 380 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

There's already a thread about this

Kelly & Pablo

Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#4 dania

• Site Supporter
        • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

Thank you so much for directing me to the Dominican Tradition thread.
          As for asking my parents, well, they had a small wedding plus they are both Dominicans and at the time they lived and married there so it wasn't a big deal to incorporate Dominican traditions into their wedding. Same goes to my older family. In the other hand, I am marring a man from a different race/culture so it is very important for us to incorporate his tradition and mine.

Thank you so much again for all the help!

#5 vcwedding2011

• 286 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:28 PM

Researching with the person who knows EVERYTHING, my nana.  Will let you know what she says.

#6 dania

• Site Supporter
            • 75 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

Thank you VCwedding2011

#7 Punta Cana Weddings

Punta Cana Weddings
              • Banned
              • 217 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

Congratulations & !!! You will love this site. Have fun planning your dream wedding!

My Punta Cana Weddings

www.mypuntacanaweddings.com                      info@mypuntacanaweddings.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users