Any Barcelo Premium Punta Cana Brides?

Alexsbabe, I have a question for you. You reserved the marlin for the private dinner and then paid extra to also have the reception there with a DJ? How much extra is renting the marlin and DJ for the reception as well?

Hey bebe5433,

Yes I booked the extra time so we could continue the party! The cost for the Marlin is $100.00 per hour and the DJ is $50.00 per hour. I am trying to keep a limit on the spending LOL but there are just so many things I want. My fiance says we should get the IPOD staton, mic and CD player but then I think "who is going to change the music and stuff" I just want everyone having a great time and not have to play DJ all night. Then I consider the beach party but then everyone has to move locations and what about rain? I think I am safer with the Marlin and it is more personal. Ok, now that I decided on the location, I need to decide on the DJ? HELP, what do you ladies think?

• Like 1

Hey Alexsbabe....hire the dj from the resort.  They're wonderful and they're reasonably priced. Bring your IPOD just in case there's something the dj may not have.  In all honesty they're up to date with music even with what we listen to here in the states.

Our original plan was to have the reception/dinner at the Marlin but it holds up to 60 people and we ended up with 85 guests.  We did not think this many people were going to the wedding.  So that's why I had the dinner/reception at El Paris till abt 11pm and then added the beach party afterwards.

I think you can also rent the disco for 3 hours for the same price as the beach party. I would imagine that if it rains they will allow you to do this instead.

Alxesbabe, how long do you get for the dinner at the restaurant if it is a private dinner?

Although the ipod is more cost effective, I am not sure if I would want to worry about the ipod during the party. If you set up a play list you wouldn't have to change the music.......

I think they said that the beach party is for 3 hours or 2 1/2 I cant remember, for 350. They must have up'd the prices.

We are doing the beach ceremony, the private dinner at the marlin and the beach party.

Since our ceremony is a symbolic one it is 800 for dinner and ceremony, and 350 for the beach party. I am just trying to get a budget in mind so how much should I set aside for the flowers and decorations???? They only send vague pics and no prices on how much extra decorations would cost. Does any one have an idea?

Does anyone know what the cake looks like??? Or if you can get a more expensive cake with decorations???

ribbit this is the info that I got from the hotel for the extras:

Here is a list of some extra services asked by my guests

Dj services = us$50.00 per hour

Disco rent = us$100.00 per hour.

Music device including a microphone, cd player and i pod hook = us$50.00

Chair ribbons = us$3.00 each.

Champagne of the house = us$13.00

Freixenet champagne = us$25.00

Graygoose = us$70.00

Black Label = us$55.00

Absolute = us$30.00

Projector = us$70.00

Band of the house = us$300, 1 set of 45 minutes.

Rent of restaurant = us$ 300.00

Dinner on the beach = us$ 35.00 per person (lobster dinner)

D Beach Party = us$300 includes Dj + drinks and bonfire

Decoration of the wedding ceremony side (less than 50person = us$250.00) more that 50 persons = us$ 300.00 ( see picture attach) You choose the color.

Flowers:

Bouquets = us$ 35.00

Corsage = us$ 20.00

Boutonnière = us$ 15.00

Spa:

Manicure = from us$ 20.00

French manicure = us$ 23.00

Spa manicure = us$ 37.00

Spa pedicure = us$ 45.00

Pedicure = from us$ 27.00

Make up = us$ 25.00

Hair wash = from us$ 23.00

Hair done = from us$ 35.00

Muscle massage = 30 minute = us$ 45.00, 55 minutes = us$ 75.00

Relax massage = us 40.00 and us$ 70.00

Simple Facial = us$ 60.00

Signature Facial = us$ 90.00

This is my breakdown total for the whole wedding.  Keep in mind I had a lot of guests and there were extras that we absolutely wanted. 

Expenses for the wedding at the resort

$300 Beach party with dj, lights & bar

$300 Ceremony decor - there were drapes, aisle runner, white chair covers, if you want ribbon on your clairs, floral decor

$825 for the the biggest wedding package they have.  I can't remember the name of package.  It was supposed to be $1500 but they deduct $675 if you decide not to do a legal marriage.  We did an exchange of vows and we had Ariana as the officiant. No of your guests will know the difference  We decided to get our marriage license here before the actual wedding in Punta Cana.  Since I had too many guests for El Marlin that's why we went with El Paris. (this restaurant is in the main resort building and they don't allow wedding receptions/parties past 11pm).  We chose menu # 3 and it was excellent.

Then the extras:

$1850 Caribbean Emotions Photo/Video.  Worth every penny.  This one was one of their bigger packages.

$1000 El Trono (don't get scared with this dollar figure) Since I had a lot of guests and went with El Paris, its bigger than El Marlin.  I had tall beautiful centerpieces on every table. Lots of candles, extra bouquets for my bridesmaids, extra bouteniers (groomsmen, my dad and his dad), corsages (our moms) I had extra florals in the ceremony.

It all depends on what you want.  I know people who spend under $2k and they're completely happy with their selections.  I had some extras that I really wanted. A wedding like this in Florida where I live at a beach resort would have costs so much more (abt $30k-35k for 80 guests).  Spending $5k was great for me and my budget.  It looked like a wedding you would only see on TV.  It was breathtaking and beautiful.  I wouldn't change a thing :)

Dania, this is so helpful and a list of what I have been looking for!!!

It is hard to get all of the answers that you are looking for and you only get them in bits and pieces through email.

What does the reception look like?

Is it extra to rent different color table cloths?

What about the decor at the tables, like napkins and plates?

Ariana says that white table cloths, chair covers at both the reception and the ceremony are included in the packages.

We too are getting married at home and going with the symbolic ceremony. It is WAY TOO complicated to get everything translated! :)

With the packages it says you get upgraded for free. Do you just choose the least expensive room and they automatically upgrade you?

Thank you again for all of your information and help. You are taking so much stress off me!