Newbie needing suggestions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 zelda062

• 162 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

My name is Wendy and I am recently engaged!! My fiance and I would like to get married in the Caribbean but don't know where yet. I would love any suggestions or reasons you chose a location. I am looking for a place that wouldn't be too expensive for guests to travel to, and good all inclusive resorts, leaning towards adults only. I would love any suggestions or ideas!!
    Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#2 lizconemac

• 161 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

Welcome to the forum Wendy! I'm sure you'll find lots of information about wedding locations on this site. Look at some of the wedding reviews. I'm getting married in Maui, not the Caribbean, but I chose my wedding site (the Marriott) based on a wedding review posted by someone on this forum. Her pictures and description just sold me! So I'd highly recommend reading some wedding reviews. When I first started planning my wedding I knew I wanted to get married in Hawaii, but I didn't know which island. I chose Maui because a lot of my guests have never been to Hawaii and I thought Maui was the best "first island" to visit. So I picked it based on what island I thought my guests just HAD to visit. Good luck with everything!

#3 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

Welcome Wendy!! Congrats on the engagement!! We chose Jamaica as many our guests are not frequent travelers and the marriage requirements are "easier" in that you don't have to translate documents into Spanish. Check out some wedding reviews to get an idea of whats available.

Good luck planning

#4 martin

• 343 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:18 AM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning here you will find great ideas.

#5 rosieposie

• 649 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:23 AM

Hi & Congrats!

Grab some wine & chocolates, then spend an evening sifting and searching through the forum. It'll give you great ideas and help you narrow some things down.

good luck!

#6 Mere

• 729 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:47 AM

Congratulations & Welcome to this helpful site! Good Luck and Happy Planning!

#7 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
              • Vendor
              • 323 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

Hola Wendy,

Welcome to the forum.
                Definitely Riviera Maya have everything you need.
                Happy planning.

#8 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
                • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hi Wendy,
                Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users