Photo

Punta Cana Photographer Reviews- Help!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Alliecat023

Alliecat023
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:17 PM

Like most of you, I have been doing a ton of research on photographers in Punta Cana. I got prices from a few & narrowed it down to what fit my budget. (Jorge Alloco & Michael Weiler) Both of them do nice work from what I can see. My only concern is that they both require payments in CASH. I dont know how I feel about that but FI (the banker that he is) is not happy with that idea at all.
    Has anyone used these guys before? I would like to hear some reviews to help me make a decision.

Thanks Girls!

#2 JENISE

JENISE
    • 652 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

I spoke to Michael through email and told him also that I wasn't comfortable with carrying almost $2000 in cash. I've got an email from him that says he'd take a travelers check.
      My recommendation would be to send him an email and ask him if he'll take travelers check, money order, bank check, etc. so at least you'll have his response in writing. Take it with you (the email chain) along with the form of payment and you should be good to go.
      Good luck!

#3 Alliecat023

Alliecat023
      • 75 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

Thanks Jenise! That makes me feel a lot better!

#4 tracy0716

tracy0716
        • 431 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

I booked Jorge for this July. I'll let you know how it goes! I also didn't want to pay cash but I gave him a deposit via pay pal.

#5 M_Morales

M_Morales
          • Banned
          • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I just came back from Punta Cana (the Moon Palace Resort) and it was gorgeous!!! We had a fabulous time.
            Good luck with everything :)

~Michelle

#6 a&p_lenz

a&p_lenz
            • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

Arnaud Brichet from HDC Photo was AMAZING!!! Photographs were awesome and we received them all before we left Punta Cana!

Adrienne

#7 tracy0716

tracy0716
              • 431 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:57 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by a&p_lenz
                Arnaud Brichet from HDC Photo was AMAZING!!! Photographs were awesome and we received them all before we left Punta Cana!

Adrienne
                Hey I noticed you got married at the PPR- I'm getting married there in July! Did you happen to write a review? I would love to read it, thanks!

#8 lovelytlc

lovelytlc
                • 192 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:49 AM

does anyone have links to some of the BDW brides that used Jorge? I can't find any of his pics on this forum.

#9 tracy0716

tracy0716
                  • 431 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lovelytlc
                    does anyone have links to some of the BDW brides that used Jorge? I can't find any of his pics on this forum.
                    He usually has an ad up on the upper left hand corner of the forum that you can click on and get his info. Here is his wedding website:

Jorge Allocco - Photography

Also, if your on facebook there's a group called Paradisus Palma Real brides and I'm pretty sure he's posted some of his pics up there.

#10 tracy0716

tracy0716
                    • 431 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

There was a PPR bride who used him in like Feb featured in his ad...I'll try to find it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users