Lisa's Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Review

Congratulations Lisa, you looked beautiful and I am so glad everything went well for your wedding. Well, except the cake! I laughed so hard. I am glad i thought of this and ordered a fake cake from Fake Wedding Cakes for show/pictures and we'll use the hotel cake to serve the guests.

Question: Did you get your bouquet from Flower Studio (since they are included in the wedding package) and the rest from Godrey Guy? Do you mind passing along his contact? I just got a quote from Tai Flora yesterday and almost fainted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmuze View Post
Congratulations Lisa, you looked beautiful and I am so glad everything went well for your wedding. Well, except the cake! I laughed so hard. I am glad i thought of this and ordered a fake cake from Fake Wedding Cakes for show/pictures and we'll use the hotel cake to serve the guests.

Question: Did you get your bouquet from Flower Studio (since they are included in the wedding package) and the rest from Godrey Guy? Do you mind passing along his contact? I just got a quote from Tai Flora yesterday and almost fainted.
Thanks! Wow, I never heard of fake cakes - That's a cool idea.

I thought about getting my bouquet from Flower Studio, but I wanted pink roses and they charged $120 to get that. Which I didn't understand because supposedly you can choose from tropical flowers or roses for free, but the roses were either white or red only. Godfrey's rose bouquets were only about $58 US so I just got mine from him, and they were exactly what I wanted.

Godfrey's e-mail address is: godfreyguy1@yahoo.com

His phone # is: 876-341-0706 or 876-356-8130 (he called me from both numbers so either should work)

I should warn you that he's kinda old-school and isn't great communicating by e-mail. He's very responsive, but my friend told me that since he's not very e-mail savy, he has his daughter do his e-mails for him... I think that's why a lot of times his e-mails were hard to follow. He is very attentive though, and gave me quotes by e-mail right away, which never happened with any of the other florists. Since he prefers talking on the phone, he'll most likely follow up the e-mail with a phone call. Seriously, I felt like I was his only client because there were days he called me like 5 times, lol, but I think he had several other events the week before my wedding.

Lisa you are soo good to answer all our questions!! Thank you so much!

Got another one for you...

How much was it for the bigger cake? Was the cost of having a bigger cake included in the $18US per extra person at the dinner reception, or did you have to pay more by slice or something?

Thanx Lisa for the quick replies! Hope your not feelin too over welmed, lol.

By the way, from the pictures your dress looking very pretty!

Do you plan on posting more pics? Or perhaps a link to where you have posted some? Would love to see more! Esp more of the reception set up and the dancing outside. Thanx!smile159.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze616 View Post
Lisa you are soo good to answer all our questions!! Thank you so much!

Got another one for you...

How much was it for the bigger cake? Was the cost of having a bigger cake included in the $18US per extra person at the dinner reception, or did you have to pay more by slice or something?

Yes, the cost of the bigger cake was included in the $18 per person. So the bigger your group is, the bigger they will make your cake.

Lisa,

Congrats and you wedding was beautiful!!!! I wanted to ask you a couple of questions.

1. I was told that the music room was kinda open and I just wanted to know how Nicole enclosed it to make it private for you guys during the cocktail hour.

2. Did you guys have to pay for the reggae band beforehand, or at the time that you paid the invoice?

3. How did the cake taste that the hotel baked for you guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules23 View Post
Thanx Lisa for the quick replies! Hope your not feelin too over welmed, lol.

By the way, from the pictures your dress looking very pretty!

Do you plan on posting more pics? Or perhaps a link to where you have posted some? Would love to see more! Esp more of the reception set up and the dancing outside. Thanx!smile159.gif
Thanks :) Unfortunately I hardly have any pictures of the reception set-up so far. I posted the best ones I could find, but I will look thru them again and see if there are any more that might be helpful. Most of the pics I have now are close-up pics of family and friends, which doesn't help anyone much.