Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
skadow

Guests who want to stay at a different hotel

Recommended Posts

I had some people who wanted to stay at a cheaper resort. I told them they were more than welcome to, as it is their vacation, but if they wanted to come on to our resort and hang out with everyone they would have to pay a day pass each time they came. (it wasn't in out budget to pay for day passes for people). It turned out that they didn't realize that you aren't just allowed to go spend some time at an AI resort that you are no staying at. They thought it was more like hotels in North America where you can just walk in anytime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see how frustrating this would be for a bride. Our resort is "all inclusive optional" so those who stay elsewhere don't have to worry about paying for a day pass. They will have to find a way to the resort but the island is so small they shouldn't have too much trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a recent incident where one of my best friends (also a bridesmaid) told me because of my choice in hotels (which BTW is mid-range for JA) is 'costing' her boyfriend his vacation because they stayed at another hotel a few years ago for half the price when they purchased a last minute deal.

She also has been mentioning to the other BMs that maybe they should all book last minute at another cheaper hotel and then just come for the day of the wedding!!

I was upset about this as I thought the point of having best friends as bridesmaids was so they could hang out with you and help you through the week. I hope she was just brainstorming ideas and not actually planning this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobelle View Post
It turned out that they didn't realize that you aren't just allowed to go spend some time at an AI resort that you are no staying at. They thought it was more like hotels in North America where you can just walk in anytime.
This brings up a really good point. Thank you for mentioning it. When I talked to our family that wants to stay at a different hotel, they thought they could just walk in between them. When in fact they are not in with in walking distance to each other.

You would probably get eaten by an alliagator if you tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess J View Post
I had a recent incident where one of my best friends (also a bridesmaid) told me because of my choice in hotels (which BTW is mid-range for JA) is 'costing' her boyfriend his vacation because they stayed at another hotel a few years ago for half the price when they purchased a last minute deal.
She also has been mentioning to the other BMs that maybe they should all book last minute at another cheaper hotel and then just come for the day of the wedding!!
I was upset about this as I thought the point of having best friends as bridesmaids was so they could hang out with you and help you through the week. I hope she was just brainstorming ideas and not actually planning this!
OMG I would be sooooo mad. I would have asked her nicely to please keep her wedding ideas to herself because its your wedding and you have already taken time to think this all out. And that you want to hang out with your friends and family so it would put a damper on your stay if she conviences everyone to stay at a different hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Girls,

 

I too was worrying about this in the beginning, but I noticed that on the Palace website (i am assuming some of you are referring to the palace resorts by mentioned all the freebies) it says that day passes are only guaranteed the "day of the wedding" therefore guests cant just come an hang out when ever they want. So once I started telling the people that were considering other resorts they decided that it was better to just stay at the palace.

I am not sure hoe strict they are with the policy but it must be in writing for a reason, no? Also, on my website under accommodations I said this...Guests considering a resort other than the Playacar Palace, must purchase a wedding pass upon their arrival to the resort. Wedding passes are $88.00 USD per person. Wedding passes are guaranteed for purchase only on the ceremony date. (October 10, 2010)

All in all...we cant tell people where to stay and it was something that I had no control over, so I stopped thinking about. The people that stay else where will be peaking over the fence, thinking DAMN...we should have just stayed there, they are having so much fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason I do not mind paying the money for the couple that is staying at another resort is because I DO NOT LIKE HIM! He is the best man. My FI knows I do not like him and would have no problem to pay the money for them to come for the day. Plus they have a bad @zz daughter(4) that they act like they can not control. So the less time I have to spend around them while there the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a situation were we invited my dad's good friend to the wedding which I have known this person since I was a little girl. Our wedding is a month and a half away and just now told us that he is coming as well as these other couples which we dont know. They are staying off the resort and it really isnt clear about what they are doing whether they are going to hang out with us or go to the wedding... I asked my dad and he didnt know any of the details. The Palace resorts require that you tell them beforehand if you need any day passes but not sure if they will come or not. Should I just count them out until I get a definite YES that they are coming to the wedding? What would you guys do? Also I dont even know the last name of the couple that are coming with my dad's good friend... I ask my dad and he didnt even know!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristiandJamie View Post
I have a situation were we invited my dad's good friend to the wedding which I have known this person since I was a little girl. Our wedding is a month and a half away and just now told us that he is coming as well as these other couples which we dont know. They are staying off the resort and it really isnt clear about what they are doing whether they are going to hang out with us or go to the wedding... I asked my dad and he didnt know any of the details. The Palace resorts require that you tell them beforehand if you need any day passes but not sure if they will come or not. Should I just count them out until I get a definite YES that they are coming to the wedding? What would you guys do? Also I dont even know the last name of the couple that are coming with my dad's good friend... I ask my dad and he didnt even know!!!!
Christi, maybe your dad can speak to his friend and find out the information, such as what are their plans as to socializing with the wedding crew, and also the names of the other couples that will be in attendance, that way you will have a better idea of what is going on and wont have to wait until last minute to find out.

@Skadow and the other ladies with similar problems, that really sucks because you want the perks that go with the bookings. But it is like the other ladies said, I guess we can't tell people where to stay. But I would be very upset about it, and well honestly, I can be a brat sometimes, head would have to roll!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AishaB View Post
Christi, maybe your dad can speak to his friend and find out the information, such as what are their plans as to socializing with the wedding crew, and also the names of the other couples that will be in attendance, that way you will have a better idea of what is going on and wont have to wait until last minute to find out.

@Skadow and the other ladies with similar problems, that really sucks because you want the perks that go with the bookings. But it is like the other ladies said, I guess we can't tell people where to stay. But I would be very upset about it, and well honestly, I can be a brat sometimes, head would have to roll!
Thank you AishaB but the issue is that I have asked my dad and he cant answer my questions. I guess I will have to wait and see if my dad can come up with some answers... The problem too is that I'm putting together OOT bags and need a definite headcount soon so I can order more bags if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×