• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 MrsWarren11

• 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have made the decision to have a destination wedding after planning a traditional wedding with a budget of $20,000. (that i know we were going to go over)!!! I am researching what resort and island I would like to have the wedding at and I have no idea where to start!!! Help My fiance and I are on the verge of doing this lol!!! :)

An Island
    June 25,2011
    The future Mrs. Warren

#2 jennypenny23

• 295 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

to the forum!!! You've picked the BEST place to start!!! Check out all of the reviews! Congrats and happy planning!! =o)

#3 mrs*j*2011

• Banned
      • 206 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hello fellow newbie!

I focused on time when we selecting Jamaica. Our time frame for our wedding is tight so I didn't want to spend more than 6 or 7 hours flying. I also wanted a resort that was relatively close to the airport so our guests wouldn't have to spend a bunch of additional time traveling to the resort. Also certain islands/resorts require different residency requirements in order to get married. There are some places that require you to be there for 72 hours not counting weekends before you can be married. That would have been too much time for us to be there before the ceremony.

We also looked at amenities at the resorts and what activities are offered.

Oh, yeah and price too!

Good luck making your decision!
        ~~ Lea ~~
        January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
        (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

#4 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:04 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
          Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#5 lizconemac

• 161 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

Welcome and congrats! This forum is full of information!

#6 nairay

• 156 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! You'll be overwhelmed with information here but I'm so grateful for it. My friends and family are mainly in California, but my FI's family is in Maryland/Florida, so we "triangulated" and decided on the Riviera Maya to be fair to both sides.

Best of luck with planning!

#7 Mere

• 729 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

Congratulations! Welcome to this helpful forum! The search function is great! Happy Planning!

#8 cheerleader1975

• 59 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

Hi and welcome - we're getting married at Secrets Maroma Beach in November. Search the hotel name and you'll find lots of info. Good luck!!

#9 martin

• 343 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:24 AM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning you will find a lots of great ideas here.

#10 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

Congrats and welcome !

I'm also from Houston and we finally decided for the Riviera Maya because it is so convenient to fly to Cancun from Houston - tons of direct - and short - flights ! Other places where there are direct flights to are Puerto Rico, and possibly other places in Mexico.

Good luck with your planning !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users