Bridal Shower - GAMES?!?

I have requested no official bridal games at my shower. Since it's a beach theme shower (keeping with the DW wedding theme) lol... we have three games (and might do a 4th because we have some preggo ladies that will not be able to do 2 of the games).

1. Limbo - person who wins - gets the prize (baught a limbo set at party packages for 15$)

2. Hoola Hoop - two pple at a time. Winner gets promoted to next round and so on. Winner gets the prize.

3. One kind of trivia game. We have 15 questions (all from our wed website) which are multiple choice. We'll ask throuhgout the shower e.g. What is the wedding date (and we put a), B) and c). Or where they are getting married blah blah

4. This is if the two preggo ladies don't take part in either of the first 2, or if we feel it's a 'dry' atmoshpere. 

a). 4-5 apples/4-5 people. each get a plastic knife, who peels and seeds the apple first - wins

B) hot cucamber (instead of hot potato). You pass the cucamber by holding it in between the legs). one with the cuc between legs, leaves and so on.....

I so HATE the silly dress making, or pinning stuff on an apron etc... A twist for destination wedding showers lol

Those are all great ideas!!

Originally Posted by bmadzia1 View Post

I have requested no official bridal games at my shower. Since it's a beach theme shower (keeping with the DW wedding theme) lol... we have three games (and might do a 4th because we have some preggo ladies that will not be able to do 2 of the games).

1. Limbo - person who wins - gets the prize (baught a limbo set at party packages for 15$)

2. Hoola Hoop - two pple at a time. Winner gets promoted to next round and so on. Winner gets the prize.

3. One kind of trivia game. We have 15 questions (all from our wed website) which are multiple choice. We'll ask throuhgout the shower e.g. What is the wedding date (and we put a), B) and c). Or where they are getting married blah blah

4. This is if the two preggo ladies don't take part in either of the first 2, or if we feel it's a 'dry' atmoshpere. 

a). 4-5 apples/4-5 people. each get a plastic knife, who peels and seeds the apple first - wins

B) hot cucamber (instead of hot potato). You pass the cucamber by holding it in between the legs). one with the cuc between legs, leaves and so on.....

I so HATE the silly dress making, or pinning stuff on an apron etc... A twist for destination wedding showers lol

i love this idea!!

Originally Posted by Kimmysals View Post

For all of my friends who got married, we come up with a list of questions to ask the groom (i.e. What was she wearing the first time you met? What does she want most on her registry? What habit of yours does she find most annoying?). Then we put together cards on pretty paper with the question on front and the answer on back. Everytime the bride is about to open a gift, the individual who bought the gift asks a question (they are handed out in advance). The bride attempts to guess what the groom said. If she guesses wrong, they are given a piece of gum to chew. The more wrong questions, the more gum in they have to chew (although you can omit this part and we have on occasion). I have seen a version of this game done where the groom is actually filmed while answering the questions and the video is played with each of his responses. This is a lot of work though.

Anyway, this is a great game. It makes the gift opening much more fun and entertaining for guests. But it is a game that the bride really should not be organizing. If you have a friend involved, maybe she can e-mail or meet with your FI to ask the questions and prepare the cards. Often the responses are really quite funny.

I had a friend who was getting married in a couple of months. What her girl friends did was contact the guy and ask her some questions.

You then ask these questions to her come the bridal shower. Something like a he says - she says kind of thing.  Then for every incorrect answer, you probably have her do something as punishment. Usually, this would incorporate alcoholic drinks but that is up to you, if you would like to keep it a clean fun.

• 1 year later...

I hate playing games but some of these sound fun. The last shwer I went to they had a poster of different celeb women.... and a variety of engagement rings. You match the celeb to their ring. Also the purse game works well all age groups especially older folks. Just call out things some one MAY have in their purse. Example: who has a swing kit? Extra pair of panty hose? Red lipstick etc.

• 5 months later...
Originally Posted by BrideChilla View Post

We played a good "ice breaker" style game - not really bridal shower specific, but it was good because I had 25ish women from different circles.

It's the "famous couple" game - when they arrive, everyone gets the name of half of a famous couple pinned to their back, and by asking other ppl questions about themselves, have to figure out who is on their back. ie. someone will get "Brad" and someone else will get "Angelina". Once you figure out who you are, you have to find your match, and the first couple to do so wins. Like I said - not bridal shower specific, but people got to know eachother real quickly!

Another fun one was the Lei game - everyone got a flower Lei coming in and were told that you couldn't say words like "Wedding", "Mexico" "(fiance's name)", or do something like cross their legs. If they say/do one of those things and someone catches them, they get their Lei stolen from them. Person with the most Leis at the end wins. This would work equally as well (and more hilariously) with things like sombreros, cheap flip flops, etc.

We also played "Pictionary" in teams of 4 with romantic movie titles.

Great suggestions thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by JSLM View Post

I hate playing games but some of these sound fun. The last shwer I went to they had a poster of different celeb women.... and a variety of engagement rings. You match the celeb to their ring.

Also the purse game works well all age groups especially older folks. Just call out things some one MAY have in their purse. Example: who has a swing kit? Extra pair of panty hose? Red lipstick etc.

These are unique Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...