KittenHeart's (Amy) MASSIVE Planning Thread!

Planning Thread:

Wow, is it really my turnhuh.gif I have been literally LIVING off everyone’s planning threads on this site; they are absolutely my favorite part and so incredibly helpful. I’m so happy I finally have my chance mine in return

First of all, thanks to Tammy for creating this site and bringing a lot of lovely brides to one area that give advice, give a shoulder to lean on and let us all vent when we’re stressed. I can’t imagine planning my wedding without the amazing support (especially all the Azul Sensatori & May 2010 bride threads) and help from all of you here!

This planning thread is HUGE! This is what happens when you’ve been planning your wedding for over 2 years 

We got engaged February 16th 2008 in San Diego, CA. FI proposed after a day at the San Diego zoo. We were staying on Coronado Island and FI insisted we walk to along this pathway paralleling the beach to the restaurant which was a 10 minute walk @ 8pm. I was in 5 inch heels and it was 50 degrees out that night so I agued my point but he flat out insisted that we walk instead of drive. It was a gorgeous evening and FI suggested we take a picture of ourselves with the San Diego night skyline in the background, I was shaking with cold by this point and my camera cord was stuck on something in my purse as FI started telling me how I was family and he loved me and whatnot, I didn’t even look up as I tried to unwedge the camera and he nervously starts tell me,” listen to me I’m trying to tell you something!” he got down on one knee, asked and I excitedly said yes! He popped back up and we took this photo:

Click the image to open in full size.

Here’s the picture from the website of my e-ring but my center stone is 1.28 carats instead of what is shown. Click the image to open in full size.

Driving home from San Diego after our engagement weekend!

Here’s my wedding band – Tacori pave band - Tacori Ladies Band With Pave Set Round Diamonds | Robbins Brothers

FI’s Tungsten wedding band: Click the image to open in full size.

We’re getting married at the Azul Sensatori in Puerto Morelos Mexico on Saturday, May 8th 2010 on their Sky Deck.

Our colors are black, off white and sage green (including natural greens) with a vintage birds and trees theme.

More to come...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save the dates/Wedding website/Monogram/Postcards/Invites/Pre-wedding brochure:

The first thing I did was DIY Save the Date boarding passes - http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...overdue-46948/

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Then I created a wedding website at Wedding Planning Guide and Free Wedding Websites - mywedding.com which I had everyone reference to for questions, that really made my life a lot easier!

Then I enlisted the help of FI’s BM to create our monogram for us. I pretty much sat next to him and told him what to put where etc. It’s a stamp  Click the image to open in full size.

Next I used Vista Print to make reminder postcards asking to RSVP, thank them for RSVPing as asking them to book and finally, when booked, thanking them for booking.

Bought the envelope design PDF on Etsy as a print out and cut and folded them myself, then sealed them with our custom monogram.

More to come...

I then decided to alleviate some stress and save some time by having Ana De Roux do our passport invites. I worked with her for 7 month months perfecting them and I’m so happy with how they turned out:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...de-roux-55318/ Click the image to open in full size. (See the thread above for all the details)

Lastly I used Vista Print to make our pre-wedding brochures and ordered the envelopes from Envelopperinc.com: and used metallic pens to write on the black envelopes:

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

More to come...

Dress & Accessories:

After trying on more than 60 dresses I finally found my dress! It’s Lalique by Matthew Christopher. I happened to go there during a trunk show and he was there so I got to meet him. He pulled few suggestion dresses for me and gave me his opinions on each one I tried; it was truly a dream day:

The dress was way too big on me so it looks wrinkled: Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Me with Matthew – the sales lady made him hold the shoe like he was my prince charming, haha! Click the image to open in full size.

Me, sales lady and Matthew Click the image to open in full size.

My first of WAY too many Etsy purchases started with a custom hanger from Welcome to LilaFrances by lilafrances on Etsy

More to come...

I then spent several months researching where to buy a cheap trash the dress dress. I finally decided on Duosheng and very happy I did, the dress is good quality and fits well – These photos were taken Superbowl Sunday after a few too many margaritas 

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Next my garter, I originally ordered it from GarterLady on Etsy 8 months and changed my mind more recently after seeing Florrie Mitton’s Shop I ordered a garter and a toss garter to match - Couture garters for the stylish Bride & Boudoir by florriemitton

I ordered a custom tulle cage veil from Twigs & Honey twigs & honey by Myra Callan by myrakim on Etsy

Myra is great to work with! Click the image to open in full size.

I also purchased a feather fascinator with a vintage brooch that was custom made for me based on a picture I sent Mikiye Elegant Bridal Hair Accessories and Unique Jewelry by Mikiye

For my jewelry, my mother gave me a real pearl necklace that was passed down to here and is 80+ years old. My Aunt also sent me a long pearl necklace with matching earrings from Shanghai so I’ll wear my mom’s for the wedding and Aunts for the rehearsal. (no pic, sorry!)

More to come...

My shoes were purchased for me by Matthew Christopher my dress designer, random I know but true. They were pretty plain so I had Feather’s & Frill design some shoe clips for me - Handmade Vintage Inspired Confections by FeathersandFrills on Etsy

Not the greatest self pic…

I bought some bride underwear from Victoria’s Secret, the white ones in the middle that say “Bride”

I purchased a clutch from Sara @ Custom Bridal and Evening Clutches by cadybriar on Etsy

I am having black silk lining and an inscription inside that says: “The best is yet to come” May 8th 2010 below it. I make reference to Frank Sinatra lyrics in my invites, BD book and now this.

FI’s outfit was pieced together. He is wearing Banana Republic charcoal grey slacks, white JCrew button down shirt, JCrew black vest.

More to come...

Wedding party attire & gifts:

I made custom Converse for FI’s BM & my Matron of Honor. When I told FI my idea, he loved it so much he wanted some for himself… then I got jealous and made myself some too 

Mine & my MOH’S Click the image to open in full size.

FI’s & his BM’sClick the image to open in full size.

My next purchase was a vintage gold locket from Affordable Fine Antique & Vintage Costume Jewelry by boylerpf

This is for my Maid of Honor; I had her mom dig up some old vintage pictures of herself and her mother to put in here. The pictures are both when they were 17. My MOH looks up to them so much I thought I’d get her something that reflected her biggest inspiration in life.

The second I found the TieLab I knew I had to have them make my groomsmen ties. I fell in love with the unique woodgrain silkscreen. Cyberoptix TieLab Silkscreened neckties scarves by toybreaker

Black for the groomsmen and sage green for FI

I ordered separately green argyle socks for them all. I had to settle for these, I found perfect ones and ordered them but got refunded immediately as they no longer carried them but still allowed you to purchase them on their website Click the image to open in full size.

I also decided to make my own hair flowers for my girls. I bought the flowers from Michaels and the vintage inspired black button for the center of the flower in Downtown LA as well as the feathers.

I custom made them each a shirt that is specific to them with an inside joke and their nickname on the back. I ordered these from BlueCotton.com

Front Click the image to open in full size.

Back Click the image to open in full size.

I don’t have a picture of the black Jcrew flip flops I got for my bridesmaids, but they will be in their bags.

Purchased custom Passport Holders for my bridesmaids on Etsy. Lisa was a dream to work with and my passport holders are SO amazing! She used vintage maps of Mexico and real used Mexican stamps for them and even put the city and my wedding date on the inside of them:

Handmade Wallets Paper and Vinyl Accessories by MyPaperGarden

More to come...

I got all black pashminas for my girls at Wholesale clothing, wholesale jewelry, gift, Sarong, organic jewelry, watches, tribal masks, djembe drums, wind chimes, Bali handicrafts, indonesian arts, fashion accessory

I went a little overboard and put together these bags for my girls to give to them right before we go. They include a super comfy neck pillow for the flight, the custom passport holder you saw earlier, ear buds, mini manicure kit, spa scrub kit, a sleepmask & mini ipod speakers which I just decided to throw in their OOT bag instead. This is just to wish them a comfy and safe flight out!

More to come...

Flowers:
After getting quoted $400 per table on my centerpieces and $300 per bridesmaid bouquet
Bridesmaid bouquet – green orchids, fuchsia tulips Click the image to open in full size.
Grooms green cymb orchid bouts & yellow orchid pin on corsages for the women in my family Click the image to open in full size.
My small orchid stems for my centerpieces Click the image to open in full size.
Inspiration pic for centerpieces: Click the image to open in full size.

More to come...

Reception details:

I found this on Etsy and had to have it. It’s a guest book tree where guests “leaf” their fingerprint in green ink and sign their name next to it. Then you frame it after the wedding. Jessie was great to work with and very fast!

lovliday on Etsy Click the image to open in full size.

My photographer also put together a guest book with our engagement pictures in it with space for guests to write in it with a metallic pen. Click the image to open in full size.

Cake topper! I was very close to not getting one at all until I stumbled upon Cynthias birds and absolutely fell in love. I had her paint our wedding date on the bottom of them both as well.

Custom Wedding Cake Toppers and Art Dolls by RedLightStudio

I then ran across Ambers magnificent mustaches Celebrate with a distinguishing twist by whiskerworks on Etsy

She is fabulous to work with and I absolutely love my staches! These will be on my guest book table with a Polaroid camera for people to just enjoy!

We are having a cigar roller as well and made a sign for the table and bought cigar to go baggies:

More to come...