Wedding Ceremony for two

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 miamor

miamor
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hello,

My fiancee and I have decided to elope to Hawaii for our wedding/honeymoon. We plan on just getting married at a beach (if possible) where we will say our vows and then take some amazing photos, then go to a beautiful dinner. Very low key and no one will come with us. It is more or less to make it official and also cause I have a beautiful dress I want photos with.
    I'm wondering if anyone has done something similir in Oahu before, any insights, tips on how to same money and have something memorable will be appreciated!
    We plan on staying two weeks (most likely a few days here, then a week in another island, haven't decided yet) and our budget is 4000 although our flights will be cheap since I work for an airline.
    We would rather stay in apartments or cottages near or oceanfront to save money but maybe on the day of our ceremony something nicer.
    So if anyone has tips on best private beaches for ceremony or a planner that can assist, hotels etc it will be appreciated!!

Thanks and sorry for the long post! I'm still getting used to this forum and maybe I posted too many topics in one thread!

#2 hawaiianprincess

hawaiianprincess
    • 30 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:56 AM

Hi,

When are you planning on getting married? I know a great photographer in Hawaii, but I know that she gets booked really quick, and her rates are really affordable. We are doing somewhat of a small affair and she will be taking our pictures.

#3 BlondeLlamaTreww

BlondeLlamaTreww
      • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by miamor
        Hello,

My fiancee and I have decided to elope to Hawaii for our wedding/honeymoon. We plan on just getting married at a beach (if possible) where we will say our vows and then take some amazing photos, then go to a beautiful dinner. Very low key and no one will come with us. It is more or less to make it official and also cause I have a beautiful dress I want photos with.
        I'm wondering if anyone has done something similir in Oahu before, any insights, tips on how to same money and have something memorable will be appreciated!
        We plan on staying two weeks (most likely a few days here, then a week in another island, haven't decided yet) and our budget is 4000 although our flights will be cheap since I work for an airline.
        We would rather stay in apartments or cottages near or oceanfront to save money but maybe on the day of our ceremony something nicer.
        So if anyone has tips on best private beaches for ceremony or a planner that can assist, hotels etc it will be appreciated!!

Thanks and sorry for the long post! I'm still getting used to this forum and maybe I posted too many topics in one thread!
        Try Hawaii vacation rentals,vacation homes,villas,beach rentals,house rental,condos and beach houses in Hawaii. for private condos/houses. There tends to be some pretty good deals. Unfortunately, you're not going to really find "private beaches" that are cheap. The more remote resort locations are pretty pricey because they're sought after for their privacy factor. Your best option is probably to stray away from Honolulu and find a locals beach somewhere. Maybe even rent a house with beach access and get married right outside your backdoor! The residential beaches are not usually very crowded. I'm not sure about the process for applying for a permit, but it'll be a lot cheaper than going through a resort.

#4 Girasole

Girasole
        • 757 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:02 AM

Congrats! My DH & I looking into Hawaii but decided on the Caribbean instead but I still would love to vacation there sometime. Good luck with your planning!
          Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#5 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
          • 225 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:17 AM

If you search on VRBO online or even google vacation houses, villas, cottages in Hawaii there is a multitude of vacation home to choose from. one we saw that we really liked was waiminolo because the beaches were private and beautiful! we decided not to do the hawaiian wedding because it was too exp for guests to attend. but i do suggest renting a home out there.

#6 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
            • 225 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:19 AM

OHHHHH! and we also looked into the bed and breakfast houses. there was one that was in the middle of tropical hawaii full of gorgeous gardens and had luas and shows daily, i forget the name but it was lovely.

#7 kuku

kuku
              • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hello and congrat's. Did you find a really nice place for two people, bride and groom. I have the same idea in mind. 

#8 kuku

kuku
                • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

Congrats, can you please let me know if you was able to find anything for two people, bride and groom. I have the same idea in mind.

Thanks in advance,

#9 Alyssa Turner

Alyssa Turner
                  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hi I am a wedding photographer in Hawaii and do many small intimate ceremonies.  If it is just the two of you then I know a couple different beaches that are more private and you will be able to do an intimate ceremony.  The only thing you need to coordinate would be a officiant and that usually runs anywhere between $100 and $200.  Two of my favorite beaches to shoot at are Police Beach on the North Shore.  This is the beach that the show Lost was filmed on.  The other one is at Ko Olina.  It is not at the main resort but you can get to it from the main resort and not allot of people know about it.  In fact the only people that are ever there are people who are getting photos taken.  They both have gorgeous backdrops for wedding pictures, and the sun sets on these beaches.  check out my AlyssaPix facebook page to see some samples from these locations.  Hope this helps!

#10 gojordan

gojordan
                    • Banned
                    • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:27 AM

Sorry if I'm a bit out of topic but Oahu is the best location for a beach wedding, I recommend it. I hope you stick with this wonderful location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users