Sign in to follow this  
niecimar

Champagne Cocktail hour/ Suitable?

I am having my wedding at the Paradisus Punta Cana an all inclusive resort and the cocktail hr is located about 100' from a full bar and my package only includes champagne and soft drinks like soda and juice.

Do you think a cocktail hr with only these items is suitable.

Note: My reception will have a full bar.

Hi Denise,

I think this is fine because it really is only one hour, and after that they can drink whatever they like. Ideally the champagne and socializing will make for a great time.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmysals View Post
I think that would be fine. Is there an option to buy wine or beer if they choose? If so, it is definitely fine!
If they walk about 100 ft they can get whatever drink they would like for free.

I am getting married at the Gran Bahia and we are also doing a 1 hour cocktail hour because the main reception only includes wine beer, and soda..within that hour they give us a 4 signature drink selection to personalize it which I think is nice.

I think it's just fine - you are at an all inclusive, and I'm sure your guests won't mind having to go 100 feet to get somethign they'd like to drink and bring it back. Champagne is provided so I wouldn't worry - your guests won't be thirsty!

I debated this too -- but ultimately felt it wasn't worth it for the same reasons! :)