A destination wedding perhaps?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 katitava

• 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

Hi my name is Katie. We are thinking about a destination wedding in January or February of 2012. Right now we are still looking into feasibility, location and cost for taking 15 people to a tropical location for a few days!

What I'm envisioning is a simple catholic (English) ceremony in a plain airy Caribbean church or chapel (I have this memory of the time we went to church in the BVI's when I was 10....) and an ocean front reception where we could eat, drink and it would feel like a private party.

But I might trade the catholic ceremony for Costa Rica as I hear that the catholic church there isn't to keen on marrying people outside the parish there but I've really got it in my head that it would be the most amazing honeymoon location.

#2 karielk

• 177 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hi Katie, welcome to the forum! If you do a search on "Catholic," I'm sure you'll find a lot of people who have looked into Catholic ceremonies. We found several options in the Riviera Maya area of Mexico, but I'm certain there are tons of possibilities throughout the Caribbean. Best of luck!

#3 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

Hi Katie, welcome to the forum and congrats. Happy planning!

#4 Nicyx

• 2,914 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Hello, congratulations and welcome, EVERYONE here are so helpful and friendly, Im sure any questions you have or advice you need will be fully answered before you know it!!!!

Happy Planning x

#5 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
          • 2,782 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#6 Mere

• 729 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:02 PM

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum! I love the search function-so helpful! Happy Planning!

#7 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum Katie!
                Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#8 lizconemac

• 161 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

Welcome and congrats! I've loved planning my DW and know you will too!

#9 nairay

• 156 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:13 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! The search option is great especially if you're looking to have a Catholic cermony (I've seen options in Mexico but I'm sure other countries have similar options). Best of luck with planning :)

#10 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
                    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
                    • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:43 AM

Hi Katie,
                    Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users