Photo

Riu Palace Cabo RECEPTION!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 6ftht

6ftht
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

So I don't know where the dance floor would be for either, but I can tell you the Steakhouse is a much bigger restaurant in general.

Originally Posted by JenK 

Thanks for the info 6fht! I will have to decide between the two! If you just had the steakhouse terrace, do you know where the dance floor is located? I'm mainly worried about lack of space with both the mexican terrace and steakhouse terrace and trying to decide! 

#32 lysie217

lysie217
    • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:35 AM

Hi ladies,

I'm a Riu Palace Bride for 2012 and have a few questions to those who know. I would like to know which florist the Riu Palace uses or if we can hire our own florist to have the flowers delivered? What is everyone doing with this?

Also about decorations, is anyone ordering different chairs for the ceremony or other decorations for the reception? I'm wondering how personalized we can make a wedding there? Do the WCs help you with this or are you pretty much on your own with making extra demands/reservations?

Any advice, help would be great!! Congrats to all :)

#33 6ftht

6ftht
      • 62 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

lysie217 Congrats!!!

I'm getting married at the Palace in 13 days and I've vacationed there in Feb 2009.

For the most part you can't have outside venders come to the Riu Palace.

• FLOWERS: They have their own florist that they use, I've looked all over this site and haven't heard one bad thing about the flowers people had for their wedding/reception.
        • DJ: You can use their DJ or you can create a playlist and have the DJ control the music for you.
        • HAIR/MAKEUP: You are not allowed to bring outside people from salons in Cabo to do your hair, makeup, nails & toes but you could have one of your guest who’s good at hair/make up do it. The package (Caprice) also includes hair, nail & toes at the Renova Spa at the Palace but I've also heard great things about Suzanne Morel which is a 5 min taxi ride away.
        • RECEPTION: You can go w/ what the package provides for decorations or you can go crazy and bring as much stuff as you want. One you get there you’ll meet w/ the wedding coordinator and explain where everything is supposed to go. I’m keeping it pretty simple and just bringing a few paper lanterns and paper fans in our wedding colors to place around but some brides bring DIY centerpieces, napkins...
        • CHAIRS: I haven’t heard of any brides special ordering chairs at the Palace, the wedding chairs are white w/ your choice of bows and the reception chairs are nice looking chairs that match the decor in the restaurants.
        • WC: From what I've heard once you get down ther the WC will never tell you know and try to make evrything you want happen!

Search on this site for some pics and reviwes for former Riu Palace brides!:

My RIU Palace Wedding!!

Riu Palace Wedding Review - May 2010”

Riu Palace Los Cabos Wedding Location & Reception Slideshow

#34 lysie217

lysie217
        • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

Thanks so much for your input! Do you know what florist they use? I'm assuming they order in the flowers for weddings.

I wish you all the best and enjoy your big day! When you get back I would love to see pictures and hear all the details!!

-Elyse

#35 murphie310

murphie310
          • 30 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:48 PM

Hi!

I am getting married at the Santa Fe (next door) in the fall of 2011.  Just a note for everyone there is a Wal-Mart and Costco, right across the street, less than a 5 minute cab ride way. You can always get things for centerpieces and decorations there too! Like if you want glass vases but are affraid they will break on the trip there. Be careful when bringing in tons of stuff to Mexico, customs is strange sometimes.  You are not supposed to bring in more than $300 worth of "gifts" so make sure to give extra suitcases or boxes to other people traveling there for your wedding.  If you have reciepts those are always a good safety net! 

Have fun!!

#36 Rhiannoncabo11

Rhiannoncabo11
            • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:01 PM

I see you are from Calgary and just got married in July at the Riu Palace in los cabos.  we are from Calgary as well, getting married in November 2011.  How much were the guests packages (flight and accomidation) for your stay? we are trying to price it out for them with a travel agent to get a group rate.

Thanks.

#37 JenK

JenK
              • 302 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

Hi everyone! We have finally made our decision and it is going to be Riu Palace!! I'm excited! One aspect that worries us is the DJ. We like to party :)  I know you can go to the disco but it's not the same! Does anyone know if they cut it off right at 11? Also, in order to get a DJ, do you need a certain package? If we were renting the steakhouse or mexican terrace would this allow us to get a dj? (I know they have rules about it). Any information would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

#38 ichimiyuki

ichimiyuki
                • 30 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

We're renting the terrace 'til 11pm, ask the WC for a pricing list for extras( DJ charges by the hour) I am under the impression they cut you off at 11. We plan to go to the disco or to a club after that.

#39 MeandMyLo

MeandMyLo
                  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

Hello Everyone and Congratulations! I'm excited my fiance and I have finally set a date and reserved the Riu Palace for November 2012. We still have a long ways off, but I'm getting information so we can plan accordingly, I always try to be prepared early : ) does anyone have a price list of all the "extras" we can select?

Thank you!

#40 mishele81

mishele81
                    • 202 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

Any Edmonton Alberta Brides? Looking for an amazing travel agent  to get us a fab deal. Any suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas - April 17, 2012 - 52 booked

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users