Photo

You might be a child of the 80's if...(really long)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Chiquita

Chiquita
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:02 AM

I'm such a child of the 80's but those were happy times :)

#32 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:25 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by PaulaV
      Did you see 'Alcanzar una Estrella' ?

Here is the Timbiriche 25 link:
      Nokia - Timbiriche

They have updated the songs.
      yup.. I remember that one too!

#33 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:45 AM

Once you said Carrusel it all came back...un carrusel de ninos, un carrusel de amor...LOL I do remember Quincenera, funny. My friend just told me XuXa posed in Spanish Playboy....I didn't know that!

Okay how about You Can't do that on television or Kids Incorporated? Anyone remember those? A few stars came out of those shows.

#34 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:51 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by starchild
          Once you said Carrusel it all came back...un carrusel de ninos, un carrusel de amor...LOL I do remember Quincenera, funny. My friend just told me XuXa posed in Spanish Playboy....I didn't know that!

Okay how about You Can't do that on television or Kids Incorporated? Anyone remember those? A few stars came out of those shows.
          I remember Kids Incorporated but I didn't have cable so I would go nuts when we'd go on vacation an we'd get cable, I would literally prefer to stay in the room to watch Kids Incorporated and the Mickey Mouse Club then be in the pool!

I don't remember the other show...

#35 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:11 AM

Oh yeah...MMC was cool! I was a member..haha, it cost like $15 and I had to save my money to join. I got a membership card and a bunch of garbage, ha!

Kids Inc. was one of my childhood favorites too! It had a bunch of kids that grew up to be famous - Jennifer Love Hewitt, Fergie, Rahsaan Patterson, that Martika girl but I don't know what happened to her?

You can't do that on television came on Nickelodeon and was a kids variety sketch show. It was pretty darn funny too.

#36 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 01:17 AM

Quote:
              Oh yeah...MMC was cool! I was a member..haha, it cost like $15 and I had to save my money to join. I got a membership card and a bunch of garbage, ha!

Kids Inc. was one of my childhood favorites too! It had a bunch of kids that grew up to be famous - Jennifer Love Hewitt, Fergie, Rahsaan Patterson, that Martika girl but I don't know what happened to her?

You can't do that on television came on Nickelodeon and was a kids variety sketch show. It was pretty darn funny too.
              that explains it.. i didn't have cable!

#37 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:03 AM

Quote:

I remember you can't do that on television. we didn't have cable, but when we'd stay with my grandma, we'd watch nickelodian the entire time. It's the show that started the green slime.

remember welcome freshmen? i think there was also a kids soap called fifteen. I couldn't wait to be in highschool when i watched those shows.

#38 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:12 AM

I don't remember fifteen but I do vaguely recall Welcome freshman. I know what you mean about wanting soooo bad to be in high school. Head of the class used to do that to me!!

#39 coming together

coming together
                  • 162 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

I am definately an 80's child.. but where's the shout out to Punky Brewster?? I loved that show..

#40 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:42 PM

Oh yeah I loved Punky too!!! There were some good characters on that show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users