You might be a child of the 80's if...(really long)

You might be a child of the 80's if...

~You wanted to be on Star Search. (Didn't we all?)

~You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off - or even when he had those freaky eyes in "Thriller" at the end of the video.

~You wore a banana clip or one of those slap on wrist bands at some point during your youth.

~You wore French rolls on the bottom of your splatter painted jeans.

~You had slouch socks, and puff painted your own shirt at least once.

~You owned a doll with 'Xavier Roberts' signed on it's butt.

~You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout."

~You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off."

~You can name at least half of the members of the elite "Brat Pack."

~You can remember watching Full House and Saved by the Bell for endless hours.

~You have seen at least 10 episodes of Fraggle Rock.

~You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer."

~You'll always hold a special place in your heart for "Back to the Future."

~You know where to go if you "wanna go where everybody knows your name."

~You thought Molly Ringwald was REALLY cool. (Was there an 80's movie she WASN'T in?)

~You know what "psych" means.

~You fell victim to 80's fashion: big hair, crimped, combed over to the side, and you wore spandex pants.

~You wanted to be a Goonie ("Goonies never say die.")

~You knew "The Artist" when he was humbly called "Prince."

~You ever wore fluorescent—neon if you will—clothing...

~You could breakdance, or wished you could.

~You know who Max Headroom is.

~You know, by heart, the words to any "Weird" Al Yankovic song.

~You remember when ATARI was a state-of-the-art video gaming system.

~You own any cassettes or albums.

~You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living on the moon.

~You remember and/or own any of the Care Bear glass collection from Pizza Hut.

~"Poltergeist" totally freaked you out.

~You carried your lunch to school in a Gremlins or an ET lunchbox.

~You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the ONLY female smurf.

~You wanted to communicate with Synergy, or you wanted green hair like that lead singer of the Misfits. See Jem.

~You inserted the word "like" into, like, every sentence.

~You know what a Doozer is. See Fraggle Rock.

~You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.

~You ever had a Swatch Watch.

~You actually spent countless hours trying to perfect the care-bear stare.

~You had a crush on one of the Coreys (Haim or Feldman).

~You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.

~You had Wonder Woman or Superman Underoos.

~You have worn a Banana Clip, or knew someone who did.

~You actually thought "Dirty Dancing" was a REALLY good movie.

~You have heard of "Garbage Pail Kids" (and perhaps still have a collection of them).

~Extra point You have seen the Garbage Pail Kids TV show. (Only one episode was aired.)

~You had a crush on Bo Derek.

~Punks actually "shocked" people.

~You wanted to be The Hulk or Rainbow Brite for Halloween.

~You believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power!"

~You thought that Transformers were more than meets the eye.

~You know what a "Whammy" is. ("No Whammy, no whammy, stop!")

~Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away.

~Songs by Debbie Gibson still haunt you to this day.

~3 words: "Atari" "IntelliVision" and "Coleco". Sound familiar?

~You remember the days that hooking your computer into your TV wasn't an expensive option that required gadgets - it was the ONLY WAY to use your computer!

~You remember "Friday Night Videos" before the days of MTV.

~You ever owned a pair of "Pop-Wheels"—that handy little combination of shoe and roller skate that lasted about a year on the open market.

~You're PO'd that you couldn't really participate in the 60's, pissed that you were a part of the 70's, think you wasted too much time doing stupid, meaningless things in the 80's, and still have no clue what the 90's are all about.

~While in high school, you and all your friends discussed elaborate plans to get together again at the end of the century and play "1999" by Prince over and over again.

~You remember when music that was labeled "alternative" really was.

~You were shocked and horrified at the Challenger explosion (which you were probably watching in school at the time).

~You watched HR Puffenstuff as a child, but now that you're older, you really understand that it would have been much better had you known about drugs at the time.

~You've recently horrified yourself by using any one of the following phrases:

"When I was younger"

"When I was your age"

"You know, back when..."

"Because I SAID so, that's why"

"What the HECK is this noise on the radio?"

"Just can't (fill in the blank) like I used to"

~You can't remember a time when "going out for coffee" DIDN'T involve 49,000 selections to choose from.

~Schoolhouse Rock played a HUGE part in how you actually learned the English language.

~You ever dressed to emulate a person you saw in either a Duran Duran, Madonna, or Cyndi Lauper video.

~At one point during your teenage years, you walked with a noticeable tilt to one side due to the number of plastic rings on that arm.

~"Celebration" by Kool & the Gang was one of the hot new songs when you first heard it at a school dance.

~The first time you ever kissed someone at a dance fell during "Crazy for You" by Madonna.

~There were at least three people in your school that voluntarily went by the names of "Skip" "Buffy" "Muffy" or "Dexter."

~You ever owned one of those embarrassing crimping irons.

~You used to hold in your head the thought that all those gold chains on Mr. T actually looked kinda cool and the thought that Mr. T made millions seemed rational to you at the time.

~You remember with pain the sad day when the Green Machine hit the streets and made your old big wheel quite obsolete.

~You've gotten this far on the list and aren't totally confused.

~The phrase "Where's the beef?" still doubles you over with laughter.

~You read the "Hot Video Games Player's Secrets" guide for Mortal Kombat just so you could find the hidden screen, and play Pong again for old time's sake

~You're starting to believe that maybe 30 isn't so old after all, and it's those people over 40 you have to look out for.

~Your hair, at some point in time in the 80's, became something which can only be described by the phrase "I was experimenting."

~You've ever shopped at a Banana Republic or Benetton, but not in the last five years, okay?

~You're starting to get that "why aren't you married yet" spiel, not just from parents, but now from friends that are married.

~You ever wanted to be gagged with a spoon.

~When someone mentions two consecutive days of the week, the Happy Days theme is stuck in your head for hours on end.

~You remember "Hey, let's be careful out there."

~You're parents wanted you to attend medical school, but you decided it was pointless since Quincy got all the babes, anyway.

~You had a crush on Jon Bon Jovi, or knew someone who did.

~You thought eating Reese's Pieces would attract your own Alien.

~Your name is Jennifer or Jason.

~You have ever called 867-5309.

~You had a poster of Rob Lowe, Kirk Cameron, or Michael J. Fox on your wall.

~You held the top score on Pac-Man.

~You owned a t-shirt that said, "I shot J.R." or know someone who did.

~This rings a bell: "and my name, is Charlie. They work for me."

~You HAD to have your MTV

~You know what a "burnout" is.

~You owned a Jordache anything, or you remember when Jordache jeans were cool.

~You remember when Madonna was just hitting the scene.

~You remember the original version of Windows: Macintosh.

~You thought "Weird Science" was a masterpiece.

~Chevy Chase was really funny in those vacation movies.

~You actually know who Rick Springfield is

~You remember when film critics raved that no movie could ever possibly get better special effects than those in the movie TRON.

~You jammed to the Miami Vice theme and thought Jan Hammer was cool.

~Guys: You remember when a guy piercing his ear was radical to the max, but did it anyhow.

80's Cartoons Central — All your favorite 80s cartoons!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slap bracelets were banned at my school so only the rebels wore them.

The Care Bear glass collection from Pizza Hut was all I drank out of in the 80s.

There was a mall we were not allowed to go to (Sunrise in Corpus Christi) because the high school kids were dresses like punks and they scared my parents.

I was telling some friends who I regret I ever got rid of my crimping iron. Then one of my friends gave me one. It's an original one from the 80s!

I forgot about the saying gagged with a spoon. Thats so funny!

What's this one- "and my name, is Charlie. They work for me."

There should be something about punky bruester & rainbow bright. And rebok pumps. That might have been 1990. Remember when it was so cool to have that little slit in your shoes so people could see your Air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post

What's this one- "and my name, is Charlie. They work for me."

There should be something about punky bruester & rainbow bright. And rebok pumps. That might have been 1990. Remember when it was so cool to have that little slit in your shoes so people could see your Air.
That's Charlie's Angels...lol Yeah they forgot some stuff....Punky and Cherry were like the coolest kids on tv for awhile there....and Silver Spoons...did they mention that?

WAIT - they forgot another critical piece!!!!

You are TRULY a child of the 80's if you know the following commercial, IMO the best commercial of the decade. Sometimes I'll sing a line and only the cool 80's kids will know the words and chime in....

HINT - it features a very young Alfonso Ribero

Remember this?

YouTube - Who Broke My Window?