Bridesmaid dresses

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kimmysals

• 240 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

So I just bought my bridesmaid dresses from the Limited and love them. With two $50 coupons I paid $65 each. It appears to be pretty blue in this photo but is more of a green/blue in person.

Dresses for Women: Dresses | Draped Waist Tank Dress | The Limited

My BMs are going to pay me back. But does anyone else feel obligated to buy their dresses? They are spending a lot more than is typical to be in a wedding, although I don't expect them to throw me a shower or anything else that typically can cost a lot (my mother will probably take care of this).

I'm curious to know what others are doing.

#2 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

very pretty dresses.

We are buying the MOH, BM, bridesmaid, groomsman, all their clothing and accessories.
      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#3 JENISE

• 652 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

WOW! Great deal and cute dress.

I too am buying my MOH's dress! But mine is inexpensive and I have no bridesmaids so for me, it's not a stretch financially. I guess it really all depends on how you feel about it. I don't think it's a requirement of an obligation of any sort. Good luck deciding.

#4 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

Very cute dress & not a bad price! We don't have a MOH or GM.
          Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#5 karielk

• 177 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

Very nice dress! I'm on the fence about paying for the dress. Very interested in hearing everyone's thoughts!

#6 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:40 AM

That dress is really pretty!

My MOH is buying her dress, but I am paying for some of her travel expenses.

#7 josietoms

• 765 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

I love the dress. I got mine from a high street store during 25% off day. We have 2 BM (my best friend and FI sister) we paid for the dresses, shoes and accessories as a way of thank you for travelling half way around the world.
                If I was getting married at home or they chose a really expensive dress i would have to ask them to pay half i think.
                Josie x

#8 ChicagoPT

• 307 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:55 AM

great find! They are really pretty!

I am paying for the BM dresses and GM shirts. We figured with all the traveling expenses, it would help them out alot.

#9 michelle2011

• 1,301 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

That's a lovely dress. I am going to buy my MOH and 2 bridesmaids dresses and shoes. I think it is a nice gesture. They have all said they are happy to pay for their hair to be done on the day so i think that is a nice compromise!

#10 Kimmysals

• 240 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for everyone's input! I've decided to pay for their dresses. They were very reasonable at $65. For the rest of their gift I bought beach bags and luggage tags. I intend to make all their jewelry, but flip flops to match, sarongs and a few other small things. The cost of traveling does really add up and it seems like a nice gesture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users